It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired Of The Propaganda - "Support The Troops"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher
You really just quoted Michael Moore, Noam Chomsky, and an antiwar rhetoric site to support your hate of American veterans and the military that keeps you and your way of life safe from invasion? Seriously? Wow. Just wow. Obviously this is useless and there is no talking to you. I'm done with this.

edit on 13-11-2014 by Jainine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I am right there with You on this. Well said too BTW. I couldn't have said it much better!! I am in the same boat with people telling me that I am UnAmerican. I tell them that they have bought into the lie, need to think for themselves instead of just going along with the flow, and that really gets em' goin'!! I just say yah yah yah anymore. Am tired of trying to school people anymore. Some I will try to educate, but for the rest, forget it. It's a no go with them......
Syx.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Your not supporting war when you support a troop, but since your a blithering idiot I hope I can help a little. Every troop in our military may at sometime, whether they are ready or not, lay down their life for you.
Yes, . . . you may be the kind of idiot who thinks war is only about the big money makers manipulating the world..........not the point. It's our citizens responsibility, it's Americans who must provide trustworthy leaders who we hope won't deceive us and lead us into danger for selfish self-serving reasons, but the soldier is among those of us who say "I am here, . . . if our way of life must be defended. If America as a country must be protected against the Hitlers, Ali Khamene, Putins and mad men of the world, aren't we glad they are there.
The individual who says "yes they will serve, yes they will represent our country," they will fight for our country, their personnel offering and sometimes their sacrifice is what we honor. Not just theirs alone, but when we honor a veteran, we honor all who fought and gave their lives from now to the young and the old who said no to England and yes to a country of freedom.
The individual troop is not responsible for the wars we have fought, they are the strength of our people who stand ready.
Aren't we glad they are there

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jainine
You really just quoted Michael Moore, Noam Chomsky, and an antiwar rhetoric site to support your hate of American veterans and the military that keeps you and your way of life safe from invasion? Seriously? Wow. Just wow. Obviously this is useless and there is no talking to you. I'm done with this.

LOL. Michael Moore "intelligent." Add in he says he was cashing in his welfare checks, I'm going with self-parody for a thousand, Alex.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blindmancc
but since your a blithering idiot I hope I can help a little.

Quoted for the lolz.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Lol it's not so much that I joined the military because I want to go kill people or was too stupid to get a "real job." In fact Im doing significantly better than everybody who went to college from my graduating class. I joined the military because it was nice to give back to the country who gave me the opportunity. It's people like you who make me happy I did it. Do I support everything we have to do? Nah, most of us don't, but hey man do what you gotta do.

Ps not all of us kill people. I operate nuclear propulsion plants. Only thing I'm doing is writing numbers and keeping you from getting exposed to cancer causing radiation.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
You need to support the troops.
Not the dumb ass sending them to wars.
There is a huge difference. Learn the difference.
Then you should go to your local American Legion and see what they think of your opinion.

Its not their fault they are killing innocent people. I mean they only pull the trigger, or push the button.

its not like they have control over their finger...

Imagine if you were being raped, but, the person said, it wasn't their fault someone told them to do it, you would be OK with it then right?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: truttseeker
Lol it's not so much that I joined the military because I want to go kill people or was too stupid to get a "real job." In fact Im doing significantly better than everybody who went to college from my graduating class. I joined the military because it was nice to give back to the country who gave me the opportunity. It's people like you who make me happy I did it. Do I support everything we have to do? Nah, most of us don't, but hey man do what you gotta do.

Ps not all of us kill people. I operate nuclear propulsion plants. Only thing I'm doing is writing numbers and keeping you from getting exposed to cancer causing radiation.

Yes, I mean hey, its only some elses life, who gives a flying F. As long as you get paid.

(I know, your not pulling the trigger, but that doesnt remove any guilt)
edit on 13-11-2014 by AmenStop because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
You're**. No I'm not pulling the trigger and I'm sure you're buying things that fund the corporations that start all these wars. With your logic, there's as much blood on your hands as there is on mine muchacho.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Very well said op. People who join the military CHOOSE to be in it, they play the life of a pawn for their masters pushing their corporate and control agendas. To say 'oh its the governments fault' fir sending is a cowardly cop out for their own decisions for which THEY are responsible for.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I support our troops and all the military! PERIOD! What I would really like them to do though...fantasy stuff...is turn around, go into Washington and take our country back in the name of the people. Before our out-of-control government disarms them, we need them to restore our freedoms. And as they say...kill them all and let God sort them out. And in this fantasy of mine...I would throw one HELL of a party after they complete THAT mission. Then and ONLY THEN...can we get back to living free instead of under this revolving-door dictatorship where the government uses, and feeds off the people to the detriment of the people who work for, and toward the dream of America.
edit on 11/14/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

"You have to be asleep to believe it".

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE
Yes lets protect freedom and democracy by having a military coup!

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Generals gathered in their masses,
Just like witches at black masses.
Evil minds that plot destruction,
Sorcerer of death's construction.

In the fields the bodies burning,
As the war machine keeps turning.
Death and hatred to mankind,
Poisoning their brainwashed minds.

Oh lord yeah!

Politicians hide themselves away,
They only started the war.
Why should they go out to fight,
They leave that all to the poor.
Yeah!

Time will tell them they are Power Blind,
Making war just for fun.
Treating people just like pawns in chess,
Wait till their judgment day comes.
Yeah!

Now in darkness world stops turning,
Ashes where the bodies burning.
No more war pigs have the power,
Hand of God has struck the hour.
Day of judgment God is calling,
On their knees the war pig's crawling.
Begging mercies for their sins,
Satan laughing spreads his wings.

Oh lord yeah!

BUT, that was written in 1969, and it was a different world then. Geezers words at the time were right.

It's not the same now. We can't just blame it all on the politicians. There's propaganda galore a going on, there's corporations who are using the Support the Troops meme for money and our own government doesn't even support the troops. Yet people still keep joining the military, doing bad things in the name of democracy(I thought we were a constitutional republic but that seems to matter not at all) and by joining the military, supporting the war machine, plain and simple(or not as I'm no scholar but it seems that way to me).

Even Jesse Ventura said he'd be a conscientious objector these days. So, tell me, while I will agree I'm NOT totally right, I'm more right than wrong with what I'm saying. There are shades of grey here, many shades, it's not just a black and white issue.

With psychopaths in power running the propaganda machine, that may be hard but we have this WWW thingy and I CANNOT excuse anyone who goes into the military these days. As much as I try to, and I really wish I could, but bravery and honor and heroism do NOT come from just signing up.

If someone like me, whose critical thinking skills are only just beginning to be formed after all the years of schooling and real world experience (only forty plus years before I started to figure some things out) which had to be mostly broken down and/or discarded, can figure this stuff out then why can't anyone else? And how can I support a flimsy

Like was said earlier, I was told I NEEDED to respect the military. Why? So that they can protect me from Emmanuel Goldstein? The frigging boogey man underneath my bed or in my closet? The ones they created with their BS?

I'd say this was a highly successful thread. 50 flags and yet not even close to 50 people agreed with me, most likely because they didn't want to deal with the people on the other side of their argument, and rightly so. It's extremely touchy. I originally put this in the Social Issues forum, and it got moved, which I disagree with but am not going to argue with. BUT, that does not mean this is NOT a social issue that need to be dealt with. Most want to disagree with me, for a variety of reasons. Neither side is totally right or totally wrong.

This post has taken me a while to put together. This is the first time I've tackled a sensitive issue in this way, in this matter, and I've taken a whole SPITload of grief over this. In a way, I understand what a politician goes through. The attacks on me as a person belie the fact that we are fighting endless, needless, unlawful and unneeded wars against imaginary foes we have created(Emmanuel Goldstein) and if a less than smart guy like myself can figure it out, well, what does that say?

You join,you die, that is not my fault and I shouldn't have to support you for your choice of supporting a corrupt government, not in the information age, dammit. The government says jump, you say how high? Yet, enlistment still happens.

This government has put us in this position. There is no law saying you should follow their propaganda. Tell me again how you all are fighting for my freedoms?

The internet is the only place I have left to voice my opinion. The real world would lynch me for saying what I have in this thread. So tell me what freedoms you all are killing for. And don't give me that bullcrap about how you only do a certain piece of crap they tell you to do so you can feed your family.

Support the Troops is the biggest piece of bullsnip I've ever heard. This country, in it's present form, is NOT worth fighting and killing for.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

edit on 11/14/2014 by TheSpanishArcher because: Nope. I was wrong.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Well said, Well said.
Oh, and Ronny James Dio Rocked!!!
Syx.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Anyone that has read this entire thread already knows your a hypocrite and you said it with your own words. Hell, even some posters that were originally siding with you turned their backs on you. Maybe you should let this one go and let everyone forget the thread: Tired Of The Propaganda - "Support The Troops" by TheSpanishArcher

edit on 14-11-2014 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: truttseeker
You're**. No I'm not pulling the trigger and I'm sure you're buying things that fund the corporations that start all these wars. With your logic, there's as much blood on your hands as there is on mine muchacho.

I do?

How do you know how I live?

Have you been rummaging through my trash again?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I completely agree with you OP. I hate all that crap. But at the same time I DO support our troops. I personally support them because

1. People go in for many reasons
  2. Most of the time people go in for the benefits
  3. I know QUITE a few who do not support their own leaders in the propoganda fighting they are essentially forced into
  4. My Ex-Girlfriend is a Seabee E4 and she is an underwater welder. Her and her husband are in because they like it

It's not about all they horse-crap you hear and see on the TV and radio. If anything, to me the "support our troops" is more-so when they come home from active duty and are basically sh!t on by the VA. I would support ANY Vet who needed help.

Thats my stance.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Just wow...couldn't make it past the first few posts.

Obliviously you are very upset with the actions of the U. S. Government. There are steps you can take to remedy your situation amicably and peacefully.

Step 1: Click the link below. This will guide you through the necessary steps:

I hate America

Step 2: Pick out a new country that you choose to call your new home.

Have a safe trip!

PS: I too am a veteran. I wish you the best luck in whatever country you decide to call your new home. Peace.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join