It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired Of The Propaganda - "Support The Troops"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+57 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
This had been pissing me off for a while now. I'm really tired of being told that our troops are fighting for our rights, that they are fighting to bring Democracy to other nations, that they are fighting to keep us safe when nothing could be further from the truth. Then we are told that if we don't support them and what they are doing we are unpatriotic or worse.

Endless sporting events with veterans and active personnel there, then the announcers and sports talk jump on the bandwagon and tell us how grateful they are for them. I watch lots of ESPN and they are blatant with this junk, everyone praising our troops.

Bull. Friiking. Crap.

It's blatant propaganda and it pisses me off that I'm not considered a "good" American because I don't support our troops. How can I when anyone with a internet connection can take five minutes and learn how "WAR IS A RACKET!!!!!!" - courtesy of one Gen. Smedley Butler.

If you are too stupid to use the resources available to you to learn anything and choose to go fight in corporate wars then that is on you and you get all you deserve. I will not support you, at all. I usually say something like "I'm sorry,but...." but there's no I'm sorry here. I won't be sorry for people who kill for a government that doesn't care one whit about it's citizens unless they are billionaires(whom also reap the benefits of our wars).

Go ahead and try and guilt me into your position, it won't work. I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but there is no way I can support troops fighting wars that are for profit and in now way, shape or form protect me or my rights. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired of being told I'm no good, that I'm just a tin-foil hat wearing fool, that my opinion doesn't matter because I don't buy into the propaganda we are being sold.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
personally i can understand supporting troops if there is a draft- you had no choice, you were forced to go, and went against your will, i can support you when you come back after that.
But now? it's a job, it's your choice.
Some dude blows your arm off, it sucks, but it's a job related injury.
It's even harder to care since all wars have been unnecessary/ war of interest.
If my country is ever invaded, i will support the military that push the bad guys back out.
but if you go to some other messed country and mess it up even more for oil, diamonds or chocolate chip cookies, because someone in power told you to do it and don't question it, you are essentially a hired goon.
edit on 11/11/2014 by IShotMyLastMuse because: (no reason given)

+41 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Thank you for exercising your rights that I've helped protect for the last 17 years.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Sounds like you have a problem with the Presidents.
They decide where the troops are these days.
I support most of the troops.
Young Americans trying to find a way in a country that
doesnt have alot of jobs to offer at the moment.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

That was something I thought about saying, that the last vets I have any sort of support for were from Vietnam as most were drafted and those who chose to go didn't have any sort of information like we do these days. It was a different world, to be sure and I cannot fault them. But that was forty years ago, the world HAS changed and if a person cannot see some semblance of the truth, or reality would be a more appropriate word, then there's no way I can support actions that are morally repugnant.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
You need to support the troops.
Not the dumb ass sending them to wars.
There is a huge difference. Learn the difference.
Then you should go to your local American Legion and see what they think of your opinion.

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Please, explain how you have fought for my, or any other American's right to anything? How do wars in Iraq and Afghanistan against "terror" is protecting my rights, especially when our politicians are taking all those rights away?

a reply to: nfflhome

Actually, it's the media I have a problem with. They are the ones pushing this meme. And just because one cannot find a job doesn't mean they should join up to go kill people for almost no money and to serve corporate interests.. That's despicable, but that's the way they want it, eh? Ruin the economy so everyone has to work for the government.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I don't need to do anything. Who the hell are you to demand what I NEED to do? I am not trying to tell you how to think or what to think so how do you feel justified in telling me anything?

Why not refute me with facts? I'll bet you can't so stop with the emotional pleas and do NOT try and guilt me into thinking I should support people who go and fight wars for no ones gain except our corrupt government and their puppet masters.
edit on 11/11/2014 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
If we could have a program to find or create Jobs that don't involve killing and make it as easy as enlisting we may be more of a productive culture. I see a lot of kids planning to just enlist and don't pursue a career that doesn't start with war. I know it's an option that makes sense and better than just trying to sponge off the gov. I do respect the ones that serve but how much support do others get that have dangerous jobs. I feel it's a hard thing to teach someone to kill the enemy and then have that same person hold back once they learn the enemy lives among us.

+24 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Go ahead and try and guilt me into your position, it won't work. I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but there is no way I can support troops fighting wars that are for profit and in now way, shape or form protect me or my rights. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired of being told I'm no good, that I'm just a tin-foil hat wearing fool, that my opinion doesn't matter because I don't buy into the propaganda we are being sold.

I didn't ask for your thanks.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Happy Veterans Day...

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I for one am thankful that there are troops readily available to fight for your right to express that opinion if the need ever arises.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

And yet you support glorified athletic entertainers by watching ESPN a lot apparently. You know? Those guys who play sports for high six figure contracts at a minimum and Millions of dollars at the max. Probably eat a lot of pizza over the years staying glued to the boob tubes watching those games as well. All ran by corporations.

Nice that you have your priorities straight.
edit on 11-11-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just an ETA

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Generally, he's right. We're not fighting for American rights. We aren't really even fighting for American security in places like Iraq and Afghanistan.

We were asked to do a job in Afghanistan. To kill the Taliban and to deny harbor to AQ. There are 30 nations there trying to do just that and, quite frankly, its been an uphill battle. When I was in Afghanistan recently it was my mission to help destroy the Taliban remnants, to get Afghan governors and politicians to the places they needed to be, and to rescue the wounded be they Afghan, US, or simply civilians. Everything I did out there was for Afghans, not Americans.

For enemies like ISIS, we are being asked to go there and kill these bastards so that others may live. Because when people ask for something to be done about injustice, it is us that are willing to do it. When we go and do it, people like the OP complain that we aren't being nice enough about it.

There's a reason I don't want thanks. I do this job because I want to. I have a different perspective on these issues that most people like the OP can never hope to grasp. I don't need his approval, affirmation, or appreciation.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

No, you didn't. But the media tells me all the time that I should support people who are doing something I find morally reprehensible. You choose to see it differently, I choose to see it as ignorant people fighting wars that benefit no one except those elites that make money off of war.

I also never asked you to go and do what you do. You bitch just as much as the rest of us about what is going down in this country(I've seen your posts, just because I don't post all the time doesn't mean I don't know what's going on around ATS) which is totally corrupt, city, state and federal yet you are fighting to preserve the elites hold on the status quo.

Just wait until you come home and see what you were fighting those infidels for.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

He's just a hater Dawg, probably couldn't pass the ASVAB or physical. Let him have his temper tantrum.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Please explain to me, with examples, of how they are fighting for my right to free speech in Iraq and Afghanistan?

a reply to: TDawgRex

Athletes are not trained to kill people and sent to foreign lands to do exactly that. Don't twist my words.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Of course he is right. I knew that when I was in Iraq back in 05, I was doing nothing to protect American citizens over there. But man it's kind of poor form to complain about the military on Veteran's Day.
edit on 11-11-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I've said it before, but I neither want nor need anyone's support. Keep it. Support yourself.

The vast majority of the young folks in the military don't know any better. Like much of America they only know what the idiot box tells them.

For the longest time I was oblivious to what was going on. Now I just do my best to educate and look out for the young Marines until they get the big picture.

But thinking everyone in the military is stupid, is a pretty stupid assertion.

Most of us are here because it's who we are. Bakers bake, carpenters build furniture, and soldiers fight wars.
We're all here to do, what we're all here to do.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join