It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Names That Intentionally Cause Confusion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Hi.

I'm working on building a few historical examples of sensitive or secret government projects that were given false names to the public or were given names that were already being used in a possible attempt to confuse activities.

An example might be using S.N.O.W. as an acronym that could have multiple definitions in its relationship. OR something like a common word for the project that would be difficult for anyone to find the root meaning. I suspect that 'black projects' do this sort of thing all the time.

I'm hoping a few kind souls out there could help my efforts. Of course, if you are not sure if your example is truthful ...then there is no way I can investigate the example. My goal is to prove statistically that this does occur and to illustrate this behavior with a few well known examples to support this claim. Like: What are the odds that the same name was used for different projects, conducting activity during the same time, out of the same office? Any help in locating historical examples would be super cool. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
"Operation Fast and Furious," not to be confused with the car movie.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
"federal" reserve

Not sure a business qualifies as a project- but it certainly is misleading.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
There are loads of them

Project Oxcart, the "phoenix program", the Manhattan project, there was even one called "Senior Prom".

there are loads form the cold war era that have been declassified that you could talk about.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JrSkeptic

All names that bring the same conclusion.

Synchronicity is strange sometimes.

And people don't understand the rhythm enough to change there surroundings by and large.

This is an issue you are watching in action.

The synchronicity in a time... How do you respond to it is as important as your understanding of where you make a difference in your own life.

Time is a strange creature.....and timeless in our perspective.

Situational awareness will be key to you moving forward...

Cheers

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
No child left behind, net neutrality, Clean Air act, patriot act just to name a few. Up equals down, left equals right.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Fedral home loan thingy

HARRP

3rd

4th

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Vivitarmind

The first time I saw a commercial for the HARP program my thoughts were "those tricky little bastards!" Lol.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
When President Bush declared "Mission Accomplished" he was referring to the exact mission that was accomplished but he was super-implying that the war was over. That was confusing because I remember everyone was bitching that he said it was all over and it wasn't. When I told them that hey, it was a single mission they wouldn't listen. They wanted to bitch instead.

a reply to: JrSkeptic

edit on 25-12-2014 by Asynchrony because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I think a better question...is are there any government projects that have truthful names??

top topics

join