It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any theories on what I have experienced? A light in the woods.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
First off you will have to take me at my word as I have no proof. I do not have pictures or video from the night this happened. I do have video of the so called "light" itself but did not take a camera with me on the night I decided to find out what was going on.

I guess almost every county has a haunted spot. I have heard similar stories several times related to several locations of a man that was working on the rail road whom had a lantern and was killed and now from time to time the light can be seen going up and down the tracks. In my home county here in NC we have such a story as well. The old path has long ago had the tracks taken up and the trail is mostly used to go "mudding" with four wheel drives. People will gather at one end of the path up a dirt road that looks down a long straight stretch of the trail and from time to time you will see a reddish light pop on and float around and disappear. I went to this spot years ago with a group of friends to hang out and do mud runs as there was nothing in town for us to do. We were sitting down there telling lies like a bunch of teenage boys are apt to do when this light popped on and started to sway back and forth. A couple of the guys were scared right off the bat and wanted no part of staying around there once the light showed itself. However a friend and myself were sure it was just someone down the path with a spot light and a red rag or something to color the light so we decided to flank them and scare whoever it was down there playing a joke on the onlookers at the end of the trail. I grabbed a broken shovel handle and my friend grabbed an ax and off through the woods we took off to play our own joke.
As we approached the spot where we thought the light should have been we popped out of the woods back onto the trail. It was utterly black and as quiet as I think I have ever heard the outdoors. This since of dread hit he hard when we did not find anyone down there or any signs of a prank like lines ran between the trees to swing a light from. I guess my buddy was as bothered by this as I was as instinctively we stood back to back leaning on each other like we were about to fight the world. It seemed like time stood still. When out of nowhere this red orange ball of light seem to rise up out of one of the deep mud holes on the trail to about seven feet up off the ground. I guess it was about 200 feet or so away, it looked to be about baseball size at the distance it was at. It seemed to spin and came toward us like a rocket. It passed just over our heads as we both fell down and it vanished. In thinking about it after the fact i guess when it was right on top of us it was the size of a beach ball. It was not a blindingly bright light nor did I feel any heat but I DID FELL FEAR.
A few seconds passed that seemed like forever and we started hauling tail back down the path as best we could to get back to the group we started out with. As we made our way back we saw head lights coming down the trail toward us. It was a group of five guys that were down there in a Toyota 4x4 that started heading to us as they thought we were in trouble. The say the saw several bright flashes and a light take off up into the sky. One guy said it looked like the woods had caught on fire. Me and my buddy assumed we had been gone maybe 30 minutes max making our way to the spot and turning tail back. The fellas that had come looking for us said we had been gone over an hour and a half. I don't know if the fear made the time fly or if we experienced lost time. The light sighting has always stayed with me but the lost time is what I worry about. What happened? Was it a "ghost" sighting which I feel it was or was it a UFO?
If anyone out there has had a similar experience or might have any thoughts on what this was I would appreciate any insight. I post this today as the guy I walked down there with, I ran into today after not seeing him for many years and this was the first thing we talked about.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Weird, Have you ever heard of the Brown mountain lights, Although yours does not sounds like that, and more like a weird UFO sighting or an Orb.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
No I will do some research into it thank you. I have no idea why this has been coming up with me here recently. I feel like I am thinking about it more and more and I feel that I need answers where there just may be none.

a reply to: Glassbender777

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I think what you saw was a UFO. Ufos come in all shapes and sizes.

Lots of the UFO sightings also have orbs of light involved

Good Luck in your search

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The only thing with that so it seems to me is that the ball of light i saw would have to be a probe or a drone or if there were creatures from another world inside they would have to be very small like insects. I don't know why I just get the feeling it was a spirt and not a life form form another world in this same timeline.

a reply to: dscha925

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBryk

I believe it was an evil entity. Orbs often accompany anything of the paranormal - ufos, sasquatch, ghosts. And by evil entity I mean demons. They like to trick and lure people.

A house I once lived in that was being sold years after I had long been away showed up with a picture on the real estate market filled with orbs - they were throughout the entire room. Definitely validated what I was learning all the more.

Based on the intense fear you felt it surely wasn't anything good. Are you a Christian by any chance? I am wondering if you were being harassed and it knew you were a believer.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Yes I do believe Jesus was the son of god and I can say after being in desert storm and shield, held up at gun point and having to take a life I did not want to take (in the service of my country), that was the most fear I have ever had in my life. I am not bragging here I have done things I wish I did not have to. The two things in this life that bother me the most or this incident and the killing of a dog I did out of anger because he ate a cat that had taken up around my home. I look back at the shooting of that dog with regret as he was starving to death and sadly he ate the wrong thing and got caught at it.

a reply to: ccseagull

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Sounds like classic cemetery light/light-in-the-woods phenomenon.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I thought so - that you are a believer. If someone is curious about the supernatural then evil will willingly oblige. And for others these are direct attacks. Perhaps your friend was into ufos, or something of the paranormal or perhaps dabbling where he shouldn't. I'm not saying this is what I think was going on, but it is one reason why the incident. The other thing is it was a direct attack on you, a believer that has the Holy Spirit within. We believers have to inform ourselves of how we have power over evil, through the Holy Spirit, and when one doesn't then we can be attacked.

I'm glad you are a believer as this surely has given you the comfort and strength to handle all that you have been through. I am not American but do respect all who fight for their country and anyone who is being hurt. You were doing your job and acted on what needed doing. Just like the opponent whose life you took. I cannot even imagine the fear and thoughts you have had to deal with.

As for the dog I am an animal lover. Having said that I totally understand what you had to do. I wasn't there and so can't say that "if" you had done this or that it would have been a better solution. You did what you felt you had to do at the time. No one can judge you. My dear you must forgive yourself, which I hope you have done. Life is not perfect but we make our way through each day doing our best and that was the best you did that day. As Jesus has forgiven us please forgive yourself.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I was in NC this past weekend and was trying to talk my husband into going to investigate the brown mt lights there...but...we did not....are you near brown mt? ( Franklin NC. Area)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

i don't know what you saw or experienced but I have a bit of advice for you. If someone tells they know for certain what it was, they're full of it. Ignore them.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBryk you saw something that was doing a bit of fishing, to me it seems to use light as bait to attract certain things, humans

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Just a thought, I read glowing in the woods and immediately thought of this.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Yes, your sighting does seem similar to the Brown Mountain Lights.

Here is a great thread where this was discussed on ATS earlier this year. Maybe you'll find some answers there.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Probably an ocular migraine

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Hello OP , first off star and flag .

Red orange you say ?

Not exact but similar to some road lights ? like certain light poles ?

I have seen something very very similar and remembering it while reading your post made my hair stand on end .

To this day i strongly believe what i saw was a Min-Min Light .
They are called different things in different parts of the world , i believe another name for them is Willow The Wisps .

When i saw this thing it was on a huge farm property, no lights or anything around and at the time i spoke to one of my neighbors about it and my friend told me that she had seen the exact same kind of thing in the middle of the bush at one point .

They say they are spirits of the dead .

This is actually a very common occurance in my neck of the woods ( Australia ) and i know for a fact the native aboriginals have alot of stories about them as well .

In my opinion and the location you were talking about , im pretty sure that this is what you saw .
As anyone on these forums will tell you i dont make these kinds of claims lightly .

I know this is a very real phenomenon .

Good thread .

-Omega

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Yea before I walked down to it and saw what I saw I was a pure skeptic. At first I thought that it could be cars at the other end of the path passing by. One end of this trail was on a dirt road that has now been paved but there is very little traffic on. The other end came out on a two lane back woods road. However after driving down the trail playing in the mud I found the trail to be a little over a mile long and it had a curve to it that would not have allowed to see from one end to the other. Then there was all of the tree growth along and into the trail. So I started to believe that it must be a person playing, so called swamp gas, ball lightening anything but the super natural. To this day I rather, it have been a UFO and ET rather than something I really think is from the other side. I guess when I pass in my due time I will find out the answers to the questions that I have had during my life time.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBryk
Yea before I walked down to it and saw what I saw I was a pure skeptic. At first I thought that it could be cars at the other end of the path passing by. One end of this trail was on a dirt road that has now been paved but there is very little traffic on. The other end came out on a two lane back woods road. However after driving down the trail playing in the mud I found the trail to be a little over a mile long and it had a curve to it that would not have allowed to see from one end to the other. Then there was all of the tree growth along and into the trail. So I started to believe that it must be a person playing, so called swamp gas, ball lightening anything but the super natural. To this day I rather, it have been a UFO and ET rather than something I really think is from the other side. I guess when I pass in my due time I will find out the answers to the questions that I have had during my life time.

For what it's worth, UFOs may be from the Otherworld (parallel realm). There is a wide variety of strange phenomena and there is no reason to believe that UFOs don't originate from the same source. I am, of course, excluding secret military craft and just plain misidentified things such as Venus, etc.. There's no reason to think of the Otherworld as "the other side". It's probably right here all the time and we are only occasionally aware of it. You might compare it to our range of hearing. We can only hear within a narrow range of frequencies but higher and lower frequencies exist but are imperceptible to us. You might have had an opportunity to see through the veil into another "frequency".

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
In Japanese folklore, foxes are magical creatures.
They can shapeshift and can create intricate illusions.
Sometimes, they use their magic to create lights to confuse travelers who may come too close to their dens.

top topics

join