It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Rep Linda Black Switches Party Affiliation To Republican

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Strange.

A Missouri State representative was elected as a Democrat the other day and now she is switching over to Republican.

This could be the start of a trend.

The massive defeat of Democrats Nov 4th will have lasting repercussions that could last for 10 years.

Is She taking the "Smart" route to avoid political suicide?

District 117 State Representative Linda Black of Desloge dropped a bombshell at the state capitol Wednesday when she announced at a news conference that she is switching to the Republican Party after an election in which the GOP built upon its already large majorities.

Black was unopposed when she was re-elected Tuesday to a fourth and final term in the Missouri House.

Republicans won 117 House seats — the largest total number they have ever had in the state. Black’s switch will make that 118.

Democrat Rep Linda Black Switches Party Affiliation To Republican

Rep. Linda Black switches to Republican party

The "New RED Wave" is Starting !!

edit on Nov-08-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

All that really supports is the notion that the two parties don't really have that much difference between them... or that particular candidate ran on a certain set of principles that she did not actually support.

Either way, that's pretty rough.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

So in other words, she wants to be on the team that will get the most lobbying money because they hold the majority?

Not sure about others thoughts on this, but that's exactly what I see her being up too.

Take off the blue shirt and put on a red one, but will still be holding out her hand for the bigger chuck of lobbying cash!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Sounds to me like she is slapping the face of the people that voted for her. If they wanted a republican they would have voted for one.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

All that really supports is the notion that the two parties don't really have that much difference between them... or that particular candidate ran on a certain set of principles that she did not actually support.

Either way, that's pretty rough.

I think it supports a lot more than that.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

So in other words, she wants to be on the team that will get the most lobbying money because they hold the majority?

Not sure about others thoughts on this, but that's exactly what I see her being up too.

Take off the blue shirt and put on a red one, but will still be holding out her hand for the bigger chuck of lobbying cash!

Makes $ense !!

I bet that's the whole point.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
hrrrm beware democrats bearing gifts.....keep her on the outside of the circle if she really wants to be a republican lets see some proof in voting and policies she tries to implement.perhaps i been watching too much game of thrones but id be wary of turn coats just showing up pledging fealty out of the blue but i guess ill try to be cautiously optimistic about this for now

link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Sounds to me like she is slapping the face of the people that voted for her. If they wanted a republican they would have voted for one.

I think she ran un-opposed.

link   

Do you believe her convictions will change? Her character? Her personality?

That's shallow...

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

That about sums it up.
The same lobbyists will donate to both teams. It does not matter one iota to them and it does not matter to politicians either as this shows.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

ballotpedia.org... she ran uncontested no one had to vote for her she just had to show up

Elections for the office of Missouri House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Incumbent Linda Black was unopposed in the Democratic primary and is unopposed in the general election.[2][3] Shortly after winning the uncontested election, Black announced that she would be leaving the Democratic party, and joining the Republicans for her fourth and final term in office.[1]
her voting reccord and whatnot for those that wanted to see it i guess she was always more republican then democrat and it seems shes gotten elected most times by having no one run against her or at least winning at least two of her elections un contested

edit to add it seems shes gotten most of her campaign funding from various unions over the years i wonder how they feel about her change of color(blue to red)
edit on 8-11-2014 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

That's shallow...

Do you believe she will vote along with her new party or her old party?
Did she receive funding from democrat coffers?
What other claims has she made that she plans on doing an about face?

How exactly is that shallow?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Being un opposed does change things a bit. But if she ran as a republican would the dems have ran somebody against her.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

from what ive managed to find out shes taken funding from dems and then voted either middle of road or right leaning for the last 4-5 years hence why people seem to treat her flipping like something they saw coming for a long time

her funding came from a painters union and allied trades as well as boilermakers union(not quite sure what that is) also got a good chunk of cash from a linda fisher (no idea who that is) but seemed to get most of her money from unions and DNC

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

she was unoppsed in the democratic primary as well as the general election, perhaps this was the point of this loot democratic coffers and turn cloak over to the red side with out any competition.house of cards worthy spacy would be proud

she also was unopposed in few of her other elections

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

OP this is a purple wave not a red wave. And that purple wave has been crashing on the shores of liberty for many years. The shoreline is so eroded now that what it used to look like has long since been forgotten.

When will the masses see this simple fact. I understand how easy it is to pick a side and stick no matter what it is safe and secure...........The two party system is a lie the evidence is clear dear readers.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

10 years? Where did you get that stat line your back pocket??

I think it's bs she did this, no one likes to have the bait and switch pulled on them.
Sell out to the max

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

That's shallow...

Do you believe she will vote along with her new party or her old party?
Did she receive funding from democrat coffers?
What other claims has she made that she plans on doing an about face?

How exactly is that shallow?

Answer with a question...Nice.

I believe she'll vote similar to how she leaned in the past. Conservatively.

As far as funding? I could care less.

3rd question...Enlighten me.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This is the problem with 2 party politics, we have ended up with one agenda being driven through, regardless of which party holds the mandate.

Sure you can question her principles, but I have discovered over the years that most politicians are bereft of any. Not all, but most.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

Ok
To answer your question. I don't think that anybody that changes their platform the day after they are elected had character to begin with.

And I have no clue what she promised to do, but would not count on her following through.

edit on 8-11-2014 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join