It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Rep Linda Black Switches Party Affiliation To Republican

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
votesmart.org... from this link yeah shes pretty much republican with her voting habits

pro teachers having guns

pro longer wait periods to obtain an abortion

she voted to test welfare recipients for drugs as far back as 09 so the dems should have seen this coming

restrictions on late term abortions

she challenged the health care law and voted for at least once the the challenges (so anti aca)

voted for new horse meat slaughter houses

and voted yes on a bill to try to prohibit federal firearms regulation from being enforced in her state (2010)
rated a- by NRA

etc it seems to show the majority of her votes while in office and she seems to be middle of the road in beginning to more right leaning recently

edit on 8-11-2014 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: xuenchen

10 years? Where did you get that stat line your back pocket??

I think it's bs she did this, no one likes to have the bait and switch pulled on them.
Sell out to the max

The self-destructed Democrat Party is in an unrecoverable mode.

Their bags of tricks are empty.

The rats will be scurrying fast.

It's over

The end

Finito

Complevit

Fertig
edit on Nov-08-2014 by xuenchen because: It's ALL over

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The self-destructed Democrat Party is in an unrecoverable mode.
Their bags of tricks are empty.
The rats will be scurrying fast.
It's over
The end
Finito
Complevit
Fertig

Xuenchen, do you really believe that? I don't. Maybe the ones already in position might jump ship but the Democratic base is too big, too strong and has more populous support over all and as a rule. I just see this election as a bump in the road that is need of adjustment. Temporary.

What this politician did is what we like to call 'dirty pool'. Underhanded, obviously planned and deceitful. Can she be impeached even though unopposed? Or does it really matter what her official party relationship is?

PS- she's been in office since she was elected in 2009, prior to that she was a school teacher. Looks like her political career will be short lived.
edit on 8-11-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Its already been shown that in the presidents last 2 years that opposing party wins the house and senate a majority of the time.
And if the pattern follows suit then its a DNC pres in 2016.

The democrat party being 'done' is purely speculation and party bias shown by xuechen.
edit on thSat, 08 Nov 2014 18:02:46 -0600America/Chicago1120144680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Its already been shown that in the presidents last 2 years that opposing party wins the house and senate a majority of the time.

The demorcatic party being 'done' is purely speculation and party bias shown by xuechen.

The only way out for the Democrats is to change their name.

The word "Democrat" is so tarnished now.

Embarrassing.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

The demorcatic party being 'done' is purely speculation and party bias shown by xuechen.

No the country is fed up with them all.

It's the arrogant/bitchy attitude that deludes the image and sincerity of the democratic party. That.."I'll do what I want" kind of rebellious teenaged rhetoric.

They loathe responsibily and detest critisism. The American people are fed up with this. This "blame game" that has been incessantly playing is about to be over.

Their momentum has ceased and for every action there is an.............. YEP.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

The Demorcatic party does not exist,therefore your political theory is null.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

Cause god forbid you use context to easily see past the mistake I made.

And since the sentence had nothing to do with the point I was making, not sure how it could nullify anything.

And yall can keep saying that its dead any every one is fed up but it's just not true and has been said plenty of times by both parties towards both parties one time or another.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

What difference doe's it make demopublican or republicrat, decades of running the show and where has It gotten the average Joe/Jane? A lot poorer and a hell of a lot less free.

Behind closed doors they slap each others backs while laughing about how gullible we all are as they execute the dictates of the oligarchy that keeps them in luxury and rest of us in bondage.

Damn! I needed to get that off my chest.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Xuenchen, but aren't you an independent with libertarian leanings?

Why are you so excited about doing so much to spread right-wing propaganda about Democrats again?

And weren't you expressing concern about "reliable sources" the other day? Would you say that "Weasel Zippers" meets that qualification?

So the Republicans in Missouri got a turncoat who betrayed the people who elected her? Is it just a coincidence that she bears a resemblance to Sarah Palin?

LOL.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Sounds to me like she is slapping the face of the people that voted for her. If they wanted a republican they would have voted for one.

She ran unopposed. So they had no choice really.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
In the wider scope of the discussion, it is amazing to see such arrogance projected onto "one's opponents" while still being coupled with such desperate ignorance.

The national vote was about 52% Republican, 48% Democrat ... in a Midterm year.

Every time the winds of fate blow in the Republican's direction, they always proclaim a Thousand Year Right.

They don't learn from history, because that would require getting in touch with something besides their unmitigated BELIEF.

The greatest weakness of the Republican-minded (and mind here is used loosely) is their extremism.

You see, it wasn't enough to win elections and seats, Republicans have to invoke some sort of "holy mandate" from the people (when the margin of victory is no more than 1-3% at best) and then start crowing inanities such as are seen above.

When I say, repeatedly, that I am excited to see what the Republicans are going to do with power this time, I mean it.

I hope they fly the freak flags of their most insane members high for the balance of the next two years.

Then we'll see just how "dead" the Democrats are.

Bon appetit!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join