It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the evidence for evolution?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Could it be said that because planets revolve in elliptic courses round the sun, satellites follow the same course round the planets, for the sake of symmetry, and to complete the scheme of nature?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Few minutes shy of an hour at this point. Should have left up Idiocracy evolution video but I thought it may have been too cruel. T&C as well. I can't fault anyone for being with their kids but guess it wasn't that important.

I put up a video instead that explained evolution simply since it seems basics were needed.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Well yeah but "he's teaching them evolution" (perhaps they are playing with matches?)

Ahh Phylogeny .... such pretty pictures that makes, and if done right (using a good algorithm and source data) its surprisingly accurate. Bad algorithm well they tried

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Also lets be honest it was convenient "out" for him if he choose to take it. I still do not get why they needed to be brought up? Along with the "I have breed thus I do evolution better than you" tactic. Pretty typical of this poster being evasive and self congratulatory over non wins.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Hey, I'm not by any means saying you are wrong or anything. I'm an agnostic and I'm open to anything being true as long as it hasn't been proven false yet. And even then, nothing is definitively proven false (though some things require an insane amount of assumptions to be true, ex: bible literalism). I also respect you not trying to push your faith onto anyone else, though if you happen to find definitive proof for it, please do sure. But it has to be empirical evidence.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I felt that you should have a more detailed explanation: Quantum Current Flow as Volution Above and Below

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlephBet

I felt that you should have a more detailed explanation: Quantum Current Flow as Volution Above and Below

now i want you to prove to all of us that math requires intelligence.
edit on 14-11-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Just a side note on your earlier post at the bottom of the previous page regarding evolution in a lab, Richard Lenski has demonstrated evolution using E. Coli with some amazing results including one strain that developed the ability to grow on citrate under the oxygen-rich conditions of the experiment. Wild-type E. coli cannot grow on citrate when oxygen is present due to the inability during aerobic metabolism to produce an appropriate transporter protein that can bring citrate into the cell, where it could be metabolized via the citric acid cycle. The consequent lack of growth on citrate under oxic conditions, referred to as a Cit- phenotype, is considered a defining characteristic of the species that has been a valuable means of differentiating E. coli from pathogenic Salmonella. His experiment has been running continuously for over 20 years now and has produced 10's of thousands of generations of offspring from he original population. He also will give out samples for independent testing to any credentialed professional or lab to show he has nothing to hide and the results are completely legit. Thus the creationist knack for crying out about he inability to observe evolution is pure crap. myxo.css.msu.edu...

Yes, but is it true that even after a staggering 60,000 generations to date, the E coli is still E coli.?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AvoidBadCompany

I will gladly answer your question if you can answer mine.

What caused evoloution?

Genetic mutations, which are caused by radiation, mistakes in copying genetic code, and other factors. Your turn.

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Dying without Christ Jesus as your Lord and saviour=Blasphemy.
Every knee will bend and every toung Will confess. You include. No one will escape judgement.

Can you please explain to me what this has to do with evolution?
edit on 14-11-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux
a closed model of the evolutionary process is the only thing that will provide legitimacy to your theory. with only analytical techniques where evolutionary analysis is 'More Art than Science', Evolution is just that...not Science.

when I push the power button on my television, or radio, or launch an ICBM at an enemy Capital or start my car...guess what happens 99% of the time. that is Science. 1% is for the malfunctions.

If that's what you think science is, you've got a long way to go. Science is a method of fact gathering via repeated observation and experimentation. Science is what helped create the things you are referring to. Turning on a TV isn't science. It's an action that makes technology easy to use by using a button rather than manually tying 2 wires together every time you want to turn it on and complete the circuit. Science gave us the knowledge to create the button to power on the TV. Me pressing the button isn't science.

if the Theory of Evolution cannot be applied systematically upon all biological systems in every condition, without regard to if its a primordial soup or the African Savannah on our planet and any other planet that may contain life in the Universe ...it is not Science

What are you talking about? Evolution applies to life on earth, and likewise can be observed and measures in ALL LIFE ON EARTH, in EVERY condition. If you can find me a single species anywhere that reproduces without genetic mutations, you'd have a point, but thus far this has never been found, and evolution in absolutely 100% science. Primordial soup is irrelevant because evolution is about genetic mutations. Evolution CANNOT apply to non life, because you cannot have genetic mutations without DNA or genes. Unless you know something that 99% of scientists don't know.

besides....an underlying premise of the Theory of Evolution is that the Y chromosome, Male, is a mutation of the X chromosome.

please understand my distaste for that Atrocity.

Not only is that a misunderstanding, it's a terrible reason to dislike evolution or science. Men aren't superior to women, despite what the bible claims. Sexism isn't a valid reason to believe anything. LMAO at calling it a hidden agenda of evolution as if it makes the facts wrong.

we are talking about the evolutionary process...Model it...you say it exists...draw us all a picture of what it looks like...even a dimwit like myself can appreciate a pretty picture.

at least I got one...for mutations only. is there a model that combines all the components of evolution...lets toss in natural selection for starters.

You really need a pretty picture to show that the better suited creatures for any given environment are more likely to survive than the weaker ones? This is common sense. Just do a google search for natural selection evidence. You don't need a model for that other than the lineage broken down and anybody that has the internet can easily look it up. I don't think you want to. You aren't here to talk about evidence or science. You are here to preach some nonsense you read on a Christian science denying website. You have to do better than that if you wish to debunk a scientist or science experiments that clearly show evolution.

i'm not the proponent of Evolution, you guys are and the burden of proof is on you, not me.

i'll sit here and do nothing...and leave you all to your work.

Surely you have watched the video in the OP, and have relevant questions related to the science that extends beyond ignorance of the theory. The science has already been presented. It's now on YOU to show where it is wrong, if that is actually your claim. If not, you are in the wrong thread. Denial of evidence, without counterpoints or counter evidence is useless.

And yeah I'd bet all of my life's earnings that evolution is true over the biblical version of god. Evolution has mountains of evidence while god has ZERO objective evidence whatsoever. Can you please give us a model of the creation process? Can you please explain how man was created from dirt using a scientific model? Oh wait, you don't apply that same scrutiny to your own beliefs, yet preach nonstop about evolution as if you know anything about it at all. Too bad you do not. Otherwise it would be a debate or even a conversation, instead of you getting schooled over and over again.

after a dozen or so years of reading this specific type of thread on the internet...the only conclusion I can draw is that modern proponents of Evolution desire a blind acceptance by the masses that Copernicus never expected.

When you repeat BS over and over again, it doesn't magically become true.

www.talkorigins.org...

By all means, debunk ONE piece of this scientific evidence, let a lone the 28 others. Good luck.

what you are saying of evolution is not even close...i could build my own Tornado in my living room right now.

Become a geneticist and map the genome of ANY CREATURE ON EARTH and then compare it to the offspring. You will see genetic mutations. It's been done in a lab, it's just a bit more complicated than children's science projects. I know you like everything that's simple and watered down for you but some things are more complicated than others, and just because you don't understand it, doesn't make it wrong. LMAO at talking about recreating evolution using household kitchen items. Look up the fruit fly speciation experiment. It can be done, it's just not simple.

is Parenting a part of the Evolutionary Process? what does the book you read say about it?

It's not part of the evolutionary process, but sexual selection is, and the way you raise your children can affect who and how many people they have sex with in the future, which will affect the passing down of genes. Unfortunately, the mutations themselves are random, so nothing you teach your kids can affect that aspect of evolution.

I'm hoping you can actually discuss this topic, because thus far everything you have posted on the subject has been wrong, or not related to evolution in the least. You can't debunk solid science with silly one liners about grammar school level science projects. You need contradictory science or evidence of an alternative theory, which you do not have.

in 1000 years, however, I'm still here, through my offspring, but your line died off.

who knew more about Evolution?

Knowledge of evolution has absolutely nothing to do with genetic mutations that you were born with. Knowledge is accumulated throughout your lifetime, it doesn't cause genetic mutations or determine if your genetic line lasts longer than somebody else'. If you have a certain mutation that allows you to live for a thousand or more years, then good for you, I hope you pass those genes down. You aren't arguing any points that make sense. You are just preaching, rambling, ignoring evidence and offering nothing to support your conclusion that evolution is wrong.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlephBet

So you dismiss the Shumann resonance having any effect on the way nature takes form? Have you ever seen a cymatics video? The TedX video below might deny what you are saying. I have shown you the truth.

It is the pattern of life down to the very atoms Adam is Created with.

Hebrews 11

11 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. 2 This is what the ancients were commended for.

3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

We're talking about evolution. You keep changing the subject to creation in a thread about evidence for evolution. I didn't say that revolution has nothing to do with the way nature takes form. I'm talking about how it directly affects evolution. Can genes mutate without being on a rotating planet? I don't know, but don't see any reason why they couldn't. It's possible life could exist without being in a rotating gravity based universe, but it would probably be a different type of life, you are guessing that the factors you talk about are the only possible way life can form, but you don't know this.

Could it be said that because planets revolve in elliptic courses round the sun, satellites follow the same course round the planets, for the sake of symmetry, and to complete the scheme of nature?

The planets and moons do not have exact symmetrical orbits. But again, I'm still looking for direct evidence of how this affects the evolutionary process.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The "evidence of evolution" is.....YOU. You/Me/US did not appear magically appear into existence. We developed through a process of evolution from a single cell to where you are today. Throughout your development stage you went through many changes interacting with the conditions/nature around you. Some conditions made you weaker, some stronger, evolution determined your race, your color, your weight, height and girth, even your character and personality.

Creationist open your eyes, the TRUTH is right in front of you. Learn, think Evolve.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

I will gladly answer your question if you can answer mine.

What caused evoloution?

Genetic mutations, which are caused by radiation, mistakes in copying genetic code, and other factors. Your turn.

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Dying without Christ Jesus as your Lord and saviour=Blasphemy.
Every knee will bend and every toung Will confess. You include. No one will escape judgement.

Can you please explain to me what this has to do with evolution?

The Word of God is my evidence that God always was and will always be Completly true, not misleading, and accurate. No book on earth has been truer. None!
Don't be wise in your own eye for we men are only men. Nothing more.

Genetic mutation? Where did the genetics come from in the first place? A Big Bang perhaps, that's eaiser to believe that our almighty God and his eternal love for all living.

To explain what it has to do with evolution you'd need to be able to listen. This appears to be difficult for some so I'll try.
If we evolve how can we not evolve into mighty kings whom need no King? Why have I not wings? That would be helpful to our kind don't you think? Who's running the evolving show these days..in all seriousness, have you read the King James Bible? The evidence is all there for you. Seek God and the truth will be revealed. All the Old Testament records like Noah's Ark, the rock that Moses hit in anger that split in half, the crossing of the sea where the Israelites crossed, and Sodom and Gomorrah was hit with fire and brimstone are all actuall places you can physically go to and see with your own eyes. What a record of truth God had left for the doubters. Ron Wyatt has documented many of the locations. All the best and God bless you.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

The Word of God is my evidence that God always was and will always be Completly true, not misleading, and accurate. No book on earth has been truer. None!

Genetic mutation? Where did the genetics come from in the first place? A Big Bang perhaps, that's eaiser to believe that our almighty God and his eternal love for all living.

My question was "What caused god?" You said that if I told you the cause of evolution, you'd answer that; not tell me that you blindly believe in ancient scriptures. I already knew that. I answered your question but you moved the goalposts by asking for the answer to the origin of life. I don't know the answer to that and neither do you. Many folks have beliefs on the topic, and scientists are trying to figure it out.

Evolution requires life, it has nothing to do with how it first got here. That is why I still have trouble understanding why hardcore creationists are at war with evolution. It doesn't contradict your faith in the least. If anything it should make god even greater, but you believe more strongly in literal interpretations of ancient text than in god himself.

If we evolve how can we not evolve into mighty kings whom need no King? Why have I not wings? That would be helpful to our kind don't you think?

I explained in one of my earlier posts how evolution does not work based on what you want or think is good. The mutations are random, some survive some do not. "King" is a man made concept, not a genetic trait. The problem here is clearly that you've never picked up a single book or paper on evolution. You should at the very least familiarized yourself with the basics of a topic before attacking it. It's common courtesy.

Who's running the evolving show these days..

Ask your god. Where's that guy been for the last thousand plus years? Looks like he hightailed it out of here as soon as man began thinking for himself.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Could you tell us exactly which book god him/her/it self has written? Every religious text I've ever seen, read or researched was written by men.

Show me a single proponent of modern evolutionary synthesis that states anything to the contrary.

Are we talking about evolutionary theory or cosmology? Very typical of a bible thumper to conflate multiple scientific disciplines in a mad burst of ignorance instead of attempting to learn what is actually postulated by those who research the subjects and then throw in god as the real explanation. Its fine to have faith. I have no issues or grudges against people of faith and I'm friends with many. The difference is they are able to reconcile faith with the science that drives the world around them and take the time to understand. As far as your Almaty god showing love for all living, he sure has a funny way of showing it when he floods the entire planet killing all life.

To explain what it has to do with evolution you'd need to be able to listen. This appears to be difficult for some so I'll try.
If we evolve how can we not evolve into mighty kings whom need no King? Why have I not wings? That would be helpful to our kind don't you think? Who's running the evolving show these days..

Nobody is running the "evolution show" because its not anything that needs running or a production crew. Who runs the falling of the leaves or the courses of rivers? Natural processes are just that, natural. They dont need something from the outside to push or pull them in a specific direction. And just like with evolution and cellular mutation, unexpected yet still natural processes can alter what see,s like a logical or linear progression. Just like how the Laurentide Ice Sheets are responsible for the for the creaction of the Great Lakes, as Barcs pointed out, natural things from environmental influences to poorly replicating DNA strands to radiological effects from solar radiation to volcanic emissions and on and on contribute to evolution. None of it is guided though.

in all seriousness, have you read the King James Bible? The evidence is all there for you. Seek God and the truth will be revealed. All the Old Testament records like Noah's Ark, the rock that Moses hit in anger that split in half, the crossing of the sea where the Israelites crossed, and Sodom and Gomorrah was hit with fire and brimstone are all actuall places you can physically go to and see with your own eyes. What a record of truth God had left for the doubters. Ron Wyatt has documented many of the locations. All the best and God bless you.

Sure, some of those places are real but they doesn't prove that the supernatural elements of the bible attributed to their existence let alone destruction and that's not even going anywhere near the absolute implausibility of any aspect of the Noah Mythos which isn't a Levantine/Hebrew concoction in the first place, its "borrowed" or rather plagiarized from earlier Sumerian mythology. Ad you want Ron Wyatt to be your testament to the truth of the bible? WOW...just wow. Ron Wyatt hasn't actually documented anything, he makes claims that are not nor can they be, supported with any actual facts.

Look, there is no argument from scholars or archaeologists that SOME of what you mention above are crust locations but none of it is proof of the bible being a true and historical document containing supreme truth in regards to ancient history of the Levantine region. An analogy in literature would be Dickens. A Tale of Two Cities for example describes some real events taking place during the French Revolution on both sides of the English Channel. But that doesn't mean that Stdney Csrton, Lucie Manette or Madame Defarge were real people. Its based on real cities(London and Paris), some actual events such as the lines of people being executed at the guillotine but its all backdrop for a story. Just like the bible.
edit on 14-11-2014 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

i'm quite certain that we are on completely different levels of understanding...you make empty statements regarding my understanding while I've placed my work in public for critical analysis. my defense of it must be legendary by now.

you want evolution to be something worthy of regard...at the very least you're going to have to produce a unified model of this theoretical process, more likely a smaller related process, in closed form that can be applied successfully a majority of the time, even on other systems where life may appear. all you are showing is ideas and a flood of examples that when recreated in a lab setting you don't get the same result twice in a row...

I honestly think that Evolution is too broad a subject and can't possibly remain intact...why evolution decided to take on Religion, specifically God, suggests someone should put the crack pipe down. just drop it and walk away.

i've given you all a complete explanation of the whole world west of Jerusalem (and that's just half the story) and everything in it and you haven't moved it an inch...Evolution gets tossed about and toyed with and still keeps fighting...for what?

its been stated:

1. you can't measure the evolutionary process, its random. it has no form.
2. there are no experiments that a person can do at home that accurately demonstrate the evolutionary process in action.

Chaos Theory

contact the people above...that's who evolutionists need to work with...creationists are better aligned to the order side of the Universe.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
i think the following video explains the position of Evolution with regards to the rest of the scientific world. its the only thing that explains why they don't accept where their discipline will end up without meaningful changes to their way of doing things.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

In the beginning God created the heavens and earth.
Through out creation Gods power is displayed.
As a building requires a building creation requires a creator. As an outstanding design points to a gifted designer.
The fact that we have a universe tells us we need a creator. The universe requires a cause and therefore requires a creator.
God does not have a beginning and therefore does not require a creator. There is nothing irrational about an eternal being but there is something irrational about something popping into existence from nothing.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Nevermind, wasting my time.
edit on 11-14-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Go back to the question and my very first response. Involution is the evidence for evolution as a byproduct. All my responses have followed the answer and questions from replies to me.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join