It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the evidence for evolution?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Threads like this get like that sadly. Evidence gets posted, evidence gets ignored ... it gets sidetracked.,

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Oops I'm bad. I'll get out so you can all keep the faith in evolution going. Peace be with you all.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AvoidBadCompany

Feel free to keep going with your faith too
Mine has not been injected into the conversation yet, just the science.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AvoidBadCompany

Oops I'm bad. I'll get out so you can all keep the faith in evolution going. Peace be with you all.

Ever wonder why your being ignored?...
Ironically, all you have done is rattle on about your opinions and beliefs while being evasive about providing any actual data, information or evidence to substantiate your religious ramblings. This is faith, and like ignorance, this level of delusion is curable with education, but there is the added burden of unlearning the false information.

On the other hand science is not faith based, scientists get much stronger challenges from their peers. To question science you need to provide evidence that challenges the science, because opinion is ineffective in challenging science. No scientist will feel in any way impelled in any degree to change their work in any way because of the opinion voiced by some delusional creationist infatuated with their beliefs and unable to provide evidence to substantiate a single claim they have made.

To recap...
Evolution is based on evidence. It's not about "blind trust" it is about looking at the evidence and seeing how ALL the evidence is explained by the theory. It is religions that require blind devotion and faith because they don't have the evidence to support their claims.

Do you understand difference now?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

See the problem here is that people like the person you are addressing believe that those two things are the same thing.

I personally believe it's a mental thing. They cannot cope with the idea of belief without faith so they project that idea onto things that it has no business being on.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlephBet
'e' is out of in Latin. Volution is spinning around a center, which is what a Quantum Current Flow in a Vortex is. All the way from the photon to the galaxy above us, we emerge from the volution of Creation. Design is evident. A Creator is evident.

I speak English, not latin. Evolution is an English word, not latin. Your point is 100% irrelevant and you STILL have not mentioned anything that has to do with evolution, not even once. Again, instead of repeating demonstrably wrong claims, how about you actually show me what volution has to do with a genetic mutation. Or you could just keep ignoring this and repeating your original point over and over and over again in a thread where you are being blatantly off topic.

Please post something on topic, if you are too afraid to answer my simple question. Thanks.

edit on 17-11-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Noinden

See the problem here is that people like the person you are addressing believe that those two things are the same thing.

I personally believe it's a mental thing. They cannot cope with the idea of belief without faith so they project that idea onto things that it has no business being on.

It just goes to show you that indoctrination is a very BAD thing. You wonder why the US is so far behind the rest of the world as far as education goes. You have idiots constantly trying to fight science tooth and nail and attempt to force people to believe what they believe about god. If you don't agree with their faith, you are labeled a heathen and threatened with eternal torture. Sounds like a great thing to believe, lol.

Funny he claims it's just faith, but acts like his worldview is absolute fact when it doesn't even come close to having the same backing as evolution. What a joke. That guy doesn't even realize that he's off topic and preaching. That's the sad thing. There are plenty of places to discuss creationism and scripture. This thread is about evidence for evolution, and not a single evolution denier has even attempted to address it, they have only denied it without reason.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: flyingfish

Romans 1:20
20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

You guys are wise in your own eye. You take the writings of man as gospel and ignor the the true Gosple. Each time you claim science is backed by evidence and then the evidence changes so does the science.
God tells us, let the ignorant be ignorant.
None of you have any excuse, not one.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

My excuse is that there is scientific evidence. Denying the evidence shows irrationality on your part, especially since you have repeated the same faith based responses over and over again, yet your debunk of the evidence behind evolution is nowhere to be found. Let me guess, Satan made it all up right?

I guess some folks just get uber emotional when their personal faith doesn't line up with the evidence and folks won't blindly believe it. Instead of reading about the evidence, they attack others for not blindly believing. Tis a shame. Honesty is part of the ten commandments, yet virtually every single creationist that denies evolution posts lies about it that can be debunked with a simple google search and don't know a single thing about it. So much for not bearing false witness.

If you can't stay on topic, post somewhere else.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

You take the writings of man as gospel and ignor the the true Gosple.

Lol!..No... YOU take the writings of man as gospel and ignore the evidence.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

So I have a challenge for you. Try to finish your participation in this thread, with out resorting to quoting scripture. I'll not bring my faith into it either, just the science

edit on 17-11-2014 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

a reply to: flyingfish

Romans 1:20
20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

You guys are wise in your own eye. You take the writings of man as gospel and ignor the the true Gosple. Each time you claim science is backed by evidence and then the evidence changes so does the science.
God tells us, let the ignorant be ignorant.
None of you have any excuse, not one.

I really don't think that you understand science at all.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well see they see these threads as a clarion call to "defend the faith". Note the words being used "true gospel" and "one true god".

If I were to start pushing my faith into this discussion, I'd be stampeded by them for being a pagan. Though if I supported them they'd probably work on conversion
But no, I can keep my metaphysical beliefs separate from my scientific truths. Its not that hard really.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

The sad thing is that you cannot point this out to them because their beliefs are so ingrained that they just can't decouple them. I can't tell you how many times I've called someone out on repeating confirmation biases all because of their religious beliefs.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I think your correct but I also think it goes further than that.

I am sure if Nuclear physics or some other comparable science directly refuted their faith they would also try to classify those sciences as faith based. I think a great degree of why that is, is because they do not understand it. Certainly you have seen the majority of those trying to claim so really don't understand the science.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Well I could "point it out" but my clue by 4 is in the shop

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It is little wonder that scientists succumb to the temptation of dishonesty since wherever evolution is promoted people eventually conclude everything has evolved and still is: truth included! So why not help it along when necessary. Sadly science is no different to any other human activity. It is conducted by fallible, sinful human beings, whose nature and behaviour will reflect the God-denying society they live in. And never forget two things: there has been a long line of creationist quacks in science starting with people like Sir Isaac Newton and, whenever the God deniers call us quacks, remember that the wisdom of this world is foolishness in the Creator God’s sight.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Evolution being part of the biological sciences makes it easier for them to attack, its not a purely quantitative thing. In these threads we see the "give me a definitive number" or "predict how something evolves next", usually followed by "other sciences do this for example XYZ". It honestly is a willful lack of understanding of sciences. The farther one is from mathmatics, the less one has the ability to do that. Hell social sciences are sciences, but you can't (for example) talk to a psycologist and say that you have 9.9 psycosis units when you "hear gods voice".

I'm a Chemist by training (PhD in Synthetic and Physical Organic Chemistry) whos also got post grad work in Bioinformatics (Biochemistry, Genetics, computational analysis and statistics), Business, and Hazard Assessment and management. My thesis was the last time I had "definitive answers"
I work in the Pharmaceutical industry and have for a decade. When you deal with the real world, you loose the luxury of "exact answers".

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I am rubber, you are glue!

/end conversation

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

You have a problem here, I'm not a god denier (though as a polytheist I deny Jehovah is the only one). I am educated in the mechanism of evolution as well
Your line of "argument" falls apart. You are constantly re-framing what we are taking about. That is dishonesty.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join