It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State of the American Worker

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Obviously you don't read and or keep track of my threads. I have over 600 threads or close to it and a disproportionate amount of my threads are in the philosophy section. Probably more then a 1/3.

Specifically economics and politics. Kinda hard to bitch about philosophy since it is all subjective.

So, have you listened to the podcast and do you have anything of measure to add? We can discuss me all day if you want, hell we can even go on a date if you want.

No, and I have no desire to. Larry Kudlow, an actual economist and not a union leader, had a round table discussion regarding this topic weeks ago and this is not just a phenomenon involving the transition of jobs from Canada but from other regions as well, the European Union being another.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oh cool. Finally something we can actually discuss.

Do you have any links for this discussion or talking points?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

It was on one of his radio broadcasts and I do not recall the exact date.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ok I'll look it up thanks.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: onequestion

I was watching the Mclaughlin Group about two weeks ago and they had a peice on there about an economist who had pessimistic feelings about the future of the economy saying that the baby boomers are going to or are leaving the workforce and he see's production going down because we wont hvae enough people to support the loss of the baby boomer workforce. if I have that right.

It's not a matter of numbers, it's a matter of skills and experience. Most available jobs in the last 10 years or so are menial and don't require any advanced skills or experience. The 'big box' model doesn't prepare anyone to advance in any area of employment.

I was talking with a couple of smallist contractors and their skilled employees are approaching retirement and they are concened about finding qualified replacements. They can promote some lower level employees that they have trained but not enough to fill their needs.

Eduction as in stands in the US doesn't prepare anyone for any trade or occupation other then of compliant and unquestioning drone. Then there are the college grads (with apologizes to the exceptions) who are fulled trained in winning at all costs BS artistries).

This is about 30/40 years of failed social and fiscal policies and it looks like we are doubling-down on the insanity. Yes, insanity in the sense of doing the same thing over and over and expecting the outcome to be different.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join