It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State of the American Worker

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: onequestion

It's also great for self defense.

So is a pistol, and it is much cheaper.

People like the op think that fighters are bulletproof.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

You didn't listen to podcast, God your so dense. Try addressing some of the content for the first time and stop trolling.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

You have the mind of a child.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Middle class Americans were perfectly content when they were reaping the benefits of the slave-class their capitalism + consumerism created in other countries. Now that things are not as great (though again, people who live in "poverty" still have smart phones, TVs, automobiles....) they cry "Pay me more for doing something unskilled, and that a machine could easily do instead."

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TycoonBarnaby

Middle class Americans were perfectly content when they were reaping the benefits of the slave-class their capitalism + consumerism created in other countries. Now that things are not as great (though again, people who live in "poverty" still have smart phones, TVs, automobiles....) they cry "Pay me more for doing something unskilled, and that a machine could easily do instead."

Oh so you do have an opinion, did you actually listen to the podcast?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Your another one. You have any substance to add or are you just trolling like everyone else?

I think I added something of highly significant substance and germane to the discussion:

Instead of pissing away money on martial arts as a self defense rationale, invest in a firearm which is safer, more effective and more affordable (particularly for those making low wages).

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That has nothing to do with the OP.

Go back to watching cartoons.

And for the sake of argument, special forces train both martial arts and weapons. Know why? Because their ready for anything.
edit on 11/6/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

link   

Am I not allowed to discuss the title of the thread "The State of the American Worker" without listening to your podcast? Perhaps try responding to people with your own opinions instead of just yelling troll and asking people if they listened to the podcast.

link   

You said you are going to lead these kids through fighting and I asked how that will help them finacilly your answer was troll.

How was that onequestion trollish?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TycoonBarnaby

It's not my podcast and no. Listen to the podcast and views present. If you have nothing to say after listening go away.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

You said you are going to lead these kids through fighting and I asked how that will help them finacilly your answer was troll.

How was that onequestion trollish?

I'm actually laughing at you right now thanks.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

That has nothing to do with the OP.

Sure it does. You are grousing that America is gainging jobs from Canada but you are unhappy that this gain is lower paying jobs. Well, I helped by suggesting that these lower pay earners not waste their money on pointless martial arts self-defense spending when they could more easily, and cheaply, purchase a much more effective firearm instead.

Simple economics.

Go back to watching cartoons.

South Park was on last night.

edit on 6-11-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Cool. Did you listen to the radio show? Do you even know who the guest was and what she actually talked about?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Larry Kudlow covered this topic weeks ago.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

So you clicked on the thread title with the intent of talking crap about me rather then with the intent of actually listening to and participating in a what could have been intelligent discussion between mature and articulate adults?

Maybe you should stick to South Park and let the adults talk about politics and philosophy.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

So you clicked on the thread title with the intent of talking crap about me rather then with the intent of actually listening to and participating in a what could have been intelligent discussion between mature and articulate adults?

No, I clicked on it and saw you bitching that jobs were coming back to the United States and wondered why you were not thrilled to death considering you grouse and complain that there are not enough jobs here.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

You have the mind of a child.

Says the guy that cries all the time.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Ummm.. The point is they are bringing jobs back to the U.S. because the labor wages are so low that it's lower then the companies they left to go to in the first place. What they are essentially doing is bringing the same exact jobs back but at half the wages,

That isn't good. I'm not complaining I'm making an observation based on statistical facts.

Why don't you try not logging on this website if everything that opposes your view is going to just be bitching.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The point is they are bringing jobs back to the U.S. because the labor wages are so low that it's lower then the companies they left to go to in the first place. What they are essentially doing is bringing the same exact jobs back but at half the wages.

So is half of something better than all of nothing to an unemployed person?

Why don't you try not logging on this website if everything that opposes your view is going to just be bitching.

I did not say everything that I find contrary to my view is bitching, only that you seem to do a disproportionate share of it. You rarely, if ever, have a constructive solution to the situation and harp on the negative.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Obviously you don't read and or keep track of my threads. I have over 600 threads or close to it and a disproportionate amount of my threads are in the philosophy section. Probably more then a 1/3.

But I'm just a cry baby with no solutions.

So, have you listened to the podcast and do you have anything of measure to add? We can discuss me all day if you want, hell we can even go on a date if you want.
edit on 11/6/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join