It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fixers [SEC2014]

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Standing just under three inches tall, the little people nick-named "Fixers" by the people who discovered and know some of them personally, are a very intelligent, innovative, and productive Race. They are Telepathic within their own Race as well and can reach into another Fixer mind miles away.

The name "Homonoid Minimus", (Tiny Humanoid), is the Scientific name given to the small ones by the peaceful Scientist's who discovered them several years ago deep underground in a cave system that ran for miles. The Fixers regard those Scientists in high esteem when referring to Them with reverence, amongst each other during their daily conversations. (There were other Bad Natured Military Scientists who had captured some of the fixers over 100 years ago, and ended up killing some of the little people. We will discuss this shortly.)

The Humans who knew Them NickNamed Them "Fixers", because of the roles they play in Natural World Events and Eco-Systems. They 'Fix' happenings in different Eco-Systems to maintain function and balance in all the intertwining areas of what we call Nature. Most of Their work is done underground, or below the water in watertight buildings they constructed many millennia ago. The Fixers have VERY important jobs around the globe, but do not look at it as jobs per-say, because they enjoy what they do immensely!! Theirs are much needed tasks and that by saying their jobs are important, would definitely be an understatement. There are Valves, Flow Gates, Dials, Knobs, and Levers and Gears to manipulate. Control Panels with Meters ,Video Screens, and other settings to control. All these intricate parts are necessary to maintain balance, and functionality of Volcanoes, Steam Vents, Rivers flowing properly, Temperatures, Windspeeds, Clouds, Rain and Snow. They have to keep the Electric Motors running, powered by Solar Panels that spin the Huge Gyroscopes whose functions are to keep the Earth Spinning on it's axis. The Moon was built by The Fixers millennia ago, that helps them control the Ocean currents and Tidal activity. Only the Sun is something they do not have to maintain. Technology of Mechanical nature was given to them by those Who built this Planet, and the other Planets of Our Solar System, in the beginning of Time.

Before moving Underground, The Fixers used to live in open fields, in the woods, and in mountainous Cave areas before a small group of them were captured by Human Governmental Operatives several decades ago. Once captured, they were taken to Government laboratories and were interrogated, tortured, and when some of them died from the interrogative abuse, were dissected to find out 'what makes em' tick'. The Military Complex wanted to exploit the DNA and Gene(s) that were responsible for keeping the Fixers so small. They wanted to create a Race of Mini Warriors that could be used as Spies, and to infiltrate and sabotage Factories and other Strategic locations, in times of War.

Also a very very long time ago before going underground, some of the Fixers were seen from a few dozen yards away in the woods, climbing up and down some very thin vines to access different parts of some trees. Since the vines were so delicate and could not be seen, the Humans thought the Fixers had wings, to be able to travel in the upward and downward motions they witnessed. This is where the tales of Fairies and Pixies came from many many generations ago!

Now however there actually are Fairies, Pixies, Small Woodland Elves and a few other short statured Races of Humanoid Entities inhabiting the Forests of the World, all stemming from The Fixer Race, and having had their DNA spliced with small forest animals. A lot of these creatures do inhabit the world underground as well, right along side of The Fixers.

"Open valve KV to 78%! Someone forgot to set the control to "Auto Pressure Release" to relieve pressure build up from the lava lake under Kilauea Volcano! We have to stay vigilant or catastrophe may result!" Said one of the Fixers towards an image of another on the Control Panel in front of Him. A huge Control Panel was set up in the Foreman's quarters in every work station across the planet with images of other Fixer Foremen. By directing thoughts towards an image, the telepathic messages are sent back and forth between the Foremen of different maintenance crews.

A small stream of lava flowed down the side of the huge mountain volcano. Similar scenarios were being played out all around the planet, keeping balance between the eco-systems.

These little Planetary Engineers have been busy behind the scenes all around the Earth maintaining balance and harmony between what we call Natural Systems. The Planet spins, Rivers flow, all Plants, trees grow, Mountains creep upwards in a very slow motion all due to the continuing vigillance and control of the amazing little civilization!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Geez I loved this!
The Faye Folk!

S and F

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Thank You Zazz!! I'm glad You enjoyed it!!
Syx.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It's a FIX!!!! LOL

Nice One Mike!

Well Done Sir! S&F

G

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Great, always loved stories of the little people.

Well done.

P

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I like the little people too!!

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Thanx for the Compliment Gordy!
Syx.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Thank You Phoenix. I have always liked to hear tales of 'Little's' too! It usually makes for some entertaining relations between Their world and Ours!
Syx.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I know right?! Aren't they cool? I changed their demeanor somewhat from 'The Shed 2' Story for this Contest. I thought it would be neat to tell of their involvement in running this Planet......
Syx.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Thank You to The 4 of You for posting here! I really appreciate it!!
Syx.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

That was very cute.
I liked it!

S&F

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Thank You OB!! Oh, did ya notice my Avatar has that Dragon I mentioned without the animation? I am going to put in the animated Dragon after a little while, or tomorrow.

Thanx again!! Syx.

edit on 7-11-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Hey SyxPak!

I flagged your story a while back and had gotten distracted before replying - sorry!!

I enjoyed the idea of the Fixers very much - their mechanical control of the systems of the world behind the scenes was a fun idea - your idea reminded me a wee bit of Terry Pratchett's DiscWorld (though it is very very different from yours - just the picture I had in my head of a mechanical planet...etc.) I can see some really fun things coming out of a mechanical world maintained by the wee folk!

Thanks so much for sharing this!!

- AB

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Hi AB!
Thanx for the Flag and reply! No sorry's needed.
I haven't heard of Pratchett, am going to check it out now.
And yah, the Fixers are fun to have in our story at The Shed 2.
I don't have them do much so far, but can and probably will
have them do some more antics in the near future.

Thanx! Syx.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I like the writing style because it is different then what I am used to

I also likes the little people

S and F

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
dont worry about it not being that long or even large number of stars

You have the basic frame work you need

There are two ways into carnige hall

I advise the well known path
Practice
Practice
Practice

Here is the funny thing
Its a trick I am practicing for the contest my self

Even only one entry counts
You can submit more

two
this little idea is grand

Three
every contest you can enter a tale from this world

How many stories do you think are in this well

I say tons and tons of them
Just for starters

Native Americans hiding them on reservations in our time

Lets see-
My lovely island of Ireland
How they are behaving

We fixers part of the IRA?

You could do a scottish version
William wallace and his little spy

of King Bruce's friend

Lets see at least one or two love stories

A little fixer falls in love with a human male

Lets see a horror story
Revenge of the Fixers

The government agents that experimented on the Fixers start dying

A little Fixer with shaved head (or mohawk retro eighties), ear rings and lives in a tat shop

Hell several damn good one here

Sci fi
A fixer who helps a kids get an internship at nasa

The fixer helping fix the spaceship

Or even better
The Fixer go public

God so many great stories are here and you created it
I look forward to seeing more

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ripcontrol

Thank You for your extensive reply !! I appreciate it greatly!! I do have another story in mind in the Sci-Fi realm, but not so much about NASA. (?)
I like the suggestions here too! Thanx for the S+F also!!
Later, Syx.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Short & informative. Ups

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gorsestar

Thanx Gorestar! I did try to keep it Short and Sweet!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Loved it Syx!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join