It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fixers [SEC2014]

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Thanx Jenny!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
You have quite the imagination there, well thought out. I agree with most of the posters here that this is an excellent framework. Maybe in the future you can take the reader on an adventure within this world (I'd read it
) Cheers!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AutOmatIc

Thank You very much for reading, and the Compliments!!! I appreciate Them!!!

( Part Two in the works Now!)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
(Part Two)

On a normal day, The Fixers are busy at work keeping the Systems running for This Planet. On this particular day, something is spotted in the air, approaching the vicinity of the Fixer location in the North West sector of area N.A. (North America). It is determined to be a Helicopter used by Humans for air transportation. One of dozens seen by the Fixers over the years. They think nothing of this and continue their tasks. However this copter appears to be making preperations to land, nearby the entrance to the under ground cavern of Team N.A. This puts the Team on alert.

The copter lands and a few Humans get out and start heading towards the edge of the woods where a tree with a small hole near the bottom of it's trunk, is the entrance to Team N.A. headquarters. The Men sit down and are going over maps, and talking among themselves. This is witnessed by Fixers who were in the area doing usual field activities. It sounded like the Humans were here to capture wild Game, only for their Heads as trophys. This will not do, The Fixers determine. The animals are an important part of other ecological systems on this world. All equal parts to a Whole.

A few of the Fixers, without warning start throwing small stones at the Humans. These hit the Humans who simply brush their hands at the miniature onslaught. "Damn mosquitoes!" One of them says. Someone get the bug spray will Ya?"

As one Human began to reach for His pack nearby, He spotted a few Fixers as they were still throwing stones.

"You guys!! Come look at this!!" He says excitedly. "There are tiny people right here!!!"

"What the hell are You talking about Man! There are no such things as tiny people!" The apparent leader said.

"I know there aren't supposed to be anything like this, but HERE THEY ARE!!"

The tiny Fixers all start to run for their under ground entrance, but are seen by the rest of the Human group as they duck inside the tree. The Humans scramble to their feet and try to grab at the little Men. The Large Men head back towards the copter all talking wildly of what they just went through.

Now in the main room of their cavern, Fixer number 1,099 tells of the events just transpired on the surface world.

"Get a grip Man! We have important work to do! Now get to it!!" Said Number Team Leader 702 to 1,099. (Their names are numbers as they don't consider themselves any more important than any other Fixer and think Proper names are self centered.)

"Yah but, but, but they have seen us and I think They may be back with Bad intentions!" Number 1,099 said as He looked about Frantically for more of the Upper Worlders.

"Those Humans are Bad news 702! I didn't like the way They were looking around here, right before they took off!" 66 mentioned to His Team Leader.

702 replied with," Now don't go getting Your Britches in a bind 66, they most likely will not return.", as He looked around Himself. "I am not worried in the least!"

"All it would take is for some of them to return, wreck this place and capture all of Us here and the consequences of those actions would prove disasterous for this entire sector of the Planet! It would start a chain reaction that may be very difficult to contain! I am just trying to look at this realistically!" 9,076 said to the group looking over everyone's concerned faces.

"702, should We contact the Defense Squad? I mean, shouldn't they be alerted to this new development? Perhaps they can thwart a possible second coming of those pesky Humans?!" 1,099 questioned His 'Boss'. "Maybe They can just speak with them to talk them out of coming back."

"I do believe You are right Ten Ninety Nine. Perhaps the D-Squad can send out the Females for that task. They are very convincing, and may be just what is needed here." 702 responded. "They do have a way with words and have a soft approach. It might work"

"I say We have the Air Tactical Squadron take them out!" 436 said with excitement. "Then there would be no question of those Humans coming back or not!"

"Are You serious Man?! Sending in A.T.S. right now would not be a necessary line of action! Those Humans have not even yet done anything wrong. They have only just seen us and know nothing of our command center here. No harm has been done to Us, Yet." 702 said to 436.

"Yet, being the key word You do realize, right?"436 said to the Leader.

"Hmmm, yes You are right. Yet." The team Leader says while pushing some buttons, and flicking a couple switches. The large panel of Fixer faces appears in front of Him.

"D-Squad come in. We have a situation here. Humans have spotted us. They seem intent on a return. Please deter their actions." 702 telepathically says to The Defense Squad Leader. "Use your own discretion as to which Branch to deploy."

"Copy that TL 702. We are on it. Co-ordinates Please." TL 800 returns to the mind of his protege'.

Co-ordinates given, the small group of Fixers breath a sigh of relief. They head to the Upper World to see what actions the DS will take. Watching as some of their Females head off towards the Human's Sky Vehicle a short distance away, as the Fixers like to call Human Helicopters, they wait in anticipation of a positive outcome. The Females quickly fashion a ladder of twigs and sticks and place it against the side of the Copter. Some head up to speak to the Pilot.

The pilot, who has not yet seen these little ones watches in amazement and wide eyed at the little Woman climbing the ladder. He is visably excited, and perplexed at the same time! The other Humans walk closer to the waiting helicopter and see that some of the Fixer gals are nearing their target.

"Please tell your friends not to return and to speak nothing of what they have seen." Says little number 3. She is very old. Over 900 hundred years to give a better age. "We do realize that what We are asking will be difficult for You, but would appreciate Your discretion in these matters." She says with a beautiful smile on Her face.

The pilot stares and tries to come to grips what what He has just witnessed. He begins to speak and one of the other Humans knocks over the ladder and gets in the Helicopter. The others follow suit and another tells the pilot to leave at once! "We will be back little, whatever You are! Once the World hears of this, We will be famous and Rich!"

The little Women fall harmlessly into the brush near the side of the copter. They try screaming now at the Humans to not return and say nothing of this, to no avail. The noise is deafening as the rotors speed up for a take off. The Humans bump elbows and are wildly talking about what has happened. Obviously they will not give in on their pursuit of Fame and Fortune.

"We must tell of this outcome! Our efforts have failed Ladies. Someone relay this to TL 702 so He may warn the DS to take further actions." 3 says to the other Females.

(Continued Below)
edit on 25-11-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
(Part Two Continued)

Little 16 runs to the Under Ground entrance so She may warn the Others in the Defense Squad what has transpired. Details given, The D.S. Leader sends out the A.T.S Team to work their magic. As a stream of A.T.S. Fixers head out to call in their Flight Hawks, they are giddy about their upcoming duties! They love to fly, and their Hawks do not seem to be bothered by their use in these tactics. Loading up acorns and small rocks into their satchels slung over their shoulders, the little Men race to the tree tops, cliff edges and other areas for taking flight. Once the Birds have been called in by whistles from the team, harnessed and saddled, they all take off and meet up over the area where the helicopter is now taking off. The A.T.S. Leader flies to the cockpit window of the copter and states, "This will be Your First, Last, and Only Warning. Do Not Leave Yet as We need to talk!"

The Pilot either could not hear the little Man, or decided to ignore the protest of Him, and lets the rotors speed up for flight. The Team head up above the spinning rotors and the order is given for The Drop. Thousands of rocks and acorns pummel the whirling rotor blades resulting in them being broken, making the copter lurch and shake uncontrollably, and stalling out the engine. The Humans are stunned at this and stare at scene taking place above them, obviously a bit shaken by the event.

As the Humans get out of their now defunct copter, they stand still, watching the sky above. They can now hear the shouts of joy from the little Fixers. A couple of the Humans are visibly upset, the others merely stand quietly trying to make sense of this outcome.

The A.T.S. land near the Humans, and a meeting is called by the Team Leader. They all sit down in the grass and talk the situation out, reaching a final decision. The Humans agree not to tell of their discovery after listening to the sound reasons for Not telling anyone else. They now realize the importance of the Fixers and their positions of maintaining balance on this Planet.

The Humans pack up their gear, and head off towards the ocean where their kind have been sent word for an extraction vessel to come and pick them up.

"I don't know. I don't like the one with the Beard." 208 said to His Team Leader, "He didn't seem very happy about not being able to tell of their discovery."

"I know, I have bad feeling He may do just that, then return here to wreak vengance!" The TL said with knitted brows to the group. "Only time will tell......"

(More to follow someday?)

edit on 25-11-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I just love your magical little world and its little people! Well done!

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank You kindly NightStar!! It is a fun and Magic little place, eh? (thoughts of UnderGound transport systems, etc. are coming to mind now!)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
Standing just under three inches tall, the little people nick-named "Fixers" by the people who discovered and know some of them personally, are a very intelligent, innovative, and productive Race. They are Telepathic within their own Race as well and can reach into another Fixer mind miles away.

The name "Homonoid Minimus", (Tiny Humanoid), is the Scientific name given to the small ones by the peaceful Scientist's who discovered them several years ago deep underground in a cave system that ran for miles. The Fixers regard those Scientists in high esteem when referring to Them with reverence, amongst each other during their daily conversations. (There were other Bad Natured Military Scientists who had captured some of the fixers over 100 years ago, and ended up killing some of the little people. We will discuss this shortly.)

The Humans who knew Them NickNamed Them "Fixers", because of the roles they play in Natural World Events and Eco-Systems. They 'Fix' happenings in different Eco-Systems to maintain function and balance in all the intertwining areas of what we call Nature. Most of Their work is done underground, or below the water in watertight buildings they constructed many millennia ago. The Fixers have VERY important jobs around the globe, but do not look at it as jobs per-say, because they enjoy what they do immensely!! Theirs are much needed tasks and that by saying their jobs are important, would definitely be an understatement. There are Valves, Flow Gates, Dials, Knobs, and Levers and Gears to manipulate. Control Panels with Meters ,Video Screens, and other settings to control. All these intricate parts are necessary to maintain balance, and functionality of Volcanoes, Steam Vents, Rivers flowing properly, Temperatures, Windspeeds, Clouds, Rain and Snow. They have to keep the Electric Motors running, powered by Solar Panels that spin the Huge Gyroscopes whose functions are to keep the Earth Spinning on it's axis. The Moon was built by The Fixers millennia ago, that helps them control the Ocean currents and Tidal activity. Only the Sun is something they do not have to maintain. Technology of Mechanical nature was given to them by those Who built this Planet, and the other Planets of Our Solar System, in the beginning of Time.

Before moving Underground, The Fixers used to live in open fields, in the woods, and in mountainous Cave areas before a small group of them were captured by Human Governmental Operatives several decades ago. Once captured, they were taken to Government laboratories and were interrogated, tortured, and when some of them died from the interrogative abuse, were dissected to find out 'what makes em' tick'. The Military Complex wanted to exploit the DNA and Gene(s) that were responsible for keeping the Fixers so small. They wanted to create a Race of Mini Warriors that could be used as Spies, and to infiltrate and sabotage Factories and other Strategic locations, in times of War.

Also a very very long time ago before going underground, some of the Fixers were seen from a few dozen yards away in the woods, climbing up and down some very thin vines to access different parts of some trees. Since the vines were so delicate and could not be seen, the Humans thought the Fixers had wings, to be able to travel in the upward and downward motions they witnessed. This is where the tales of Fairies and Pixies came from many many generations ago!

Now however there actually are Fairies, Pixies, Small Woodland Elves and a few other short statured Races of Humanoid Entities inhabiting the Forests of the World, all stemming from The Fixer Race, and having had their DNA spliced with small forest animals. A lot of these creatures do inhabit the world underground as well, right along side of The Fixers.

"Open valve KV to 78%! Someone forgot to set the control to "Auto Pressure Release" to relieve pressure build up from the lava lake under Kilauea Volcano! We have to stay vigilant or catastrophe may result!" Said one of the Fixers towards an image of another on the Control Panel in front of Him. A huge Control Panel was set up in the Foreman's quarters in every work station across the planet with images of other Fixer Foremen. By directing thoughts towards an image, the telepathic messages are sent back and forth between the Foremen of different maintenance crews.

A small stream of lava flowed down the side of the huge mountain volcano. Similar scenarios were being played out all around the planet, keeping balance between the eco-systems.

These little Planetary Engineers have been busy behind the scenes all around the Earth maintaining balance and harmony between what we call Natural Systems. The Planet spins, Rivers flow, all Plants, trees grow, Mountains creep upwards in a very slow motion all due to the continuing vigillance and control of the amazing little civilization!

Great! Good job! I love it!

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: maxzee

Hi! I am glad You liked it! Just so You know, here on Page two, are two more posts with Part Two, four posts down from the top.
Thanx again! Syx.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
A message from fixer 0001

"You were warned not to tell. Prepare your self!"

Great story, but be careful. The very planet depends on your discretion.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: occrest

LOL! And from the time of your Post, I am even more scared Now!!!? LOL!!! (IE: 9-11)
State of Emergency Declared in Fixer's Realm!!

Thanx for Reading and commenting. I appreciate it!!!
Syx.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Yeap not going to be real nice for them

It is very good

I think I see a very interesting power play coming up

The fixers can purposely let things slide and oops

only thing stopping them is ethics

If the humans hurt them I could see some going to the dark side
(milk and cookies and some such)

I did nt mean to miss this my apologies

My ATS had it in the roughly same spot

As for the fixers

Do I smell a fixer civil war

It also changes they way science would work

good update

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ripcontrol

RC, Thanx for comin' back to read part two. I appreciate it, and the Thumbs Up!!

"There's trouble brewin' in My HomeTown." As Bon Scott once sang in Bad Boy Boogie!!
So We'll have to see how this progress's. Most of these guys get along just fine, but Number 436 is a bit forward in His demeanor. He might just get into some trouble with that attitude! (Trouble for some, not Him)

CatchYa later, Syx.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

oh hi again... I posted a reply to you in my trashed entry hahahahahahahaa

I noticed you liked dragons... (I am assuming a lot) but there was a collaborative writing story called 'when dragons ruled' and you might like that.

I reckon your gonna win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats.

I linked it in the other thread but now that is in the bin so can't be bothered linking it again.

edit on CST07uSat, 29 Nov 2014 07:30:04 -06003004am332 by Thurisaz because: fix auto sensors

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

Hey! I have that link to When Dragons Rule and started reading it, maybe yesterday?, not sure, but liked it so far.
(I actually messaged that link to myself here when I saw it.)

Very Cool!!

Check Your U2U's. Syx.

ETA: As far as winning or not, It would be cool, but I won't cry if I don't. (Not too hard anyway! LOL!!!)

Thanx though for Thinking that!!! I appreciate it!
edit on 29-11-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Hey,

Awesome imagination. loved the A.T.S team, that was my favourite part.

S&F

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Should keep working on this.

Reminds me of some things Terry Pratchett used to write.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

Hi Pinke! That's the second time I have had Pratchett mentioned, about The Fixers. My memory is getting a bit scattery, but can't place that name with anything I have read. I am going to have to look into that...... Thanx for Reading!! Syx.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
You get a big 'A' for AWSOME!!
Makes for some great reading!!

My only problem with it is..
That it should be refined and PUBLISHED!!!!

(Not wasted on a comp where someone could steal your ideas..)

I imagine you could "easily" release a series of short(ish) stories..

Flagged & Starred without a doubt!!

Good on you Syx!!

(can't wait to see how this all pans out.. (So come on.. we're waiting..
)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: cheery1

Thanx for That Cheery1! You gave Me a Great Big Smile!! I do Appreciate it!!!
I had it mentioned to Me about Publishing or at least getting My stuff Copyrighted. I'm not sure if I could post Copyrighted Stories here, as that is what I like doing. So if I copyright a tale, I'd have to check with the T+C's here to see if I could share it with All of You......
I do have more Fixer stories in mind. Coming Soon to a WebPage Nearest You!!! LOL!!

Thanx again Cheery!!! Later, Syx.

edit on 8-12-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join