It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Awoke To A Red Map

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The early part of this morning was spent finishing up a home improvement project. At some point in the past my nephew had kicked in his mother's kitchen / carport door and both the door and the frame needing replacing. She had been living, for how long I don't know, with her main means of entry nailed shut. So I fixed it.

Then I logged on, read a bit of ATS and finally headed over to the news sites to see just how red the map had gone. My feelings were that it was probably going to be more red than it was before - as Obama hatred seems to be an almost religious ( actually directly religious for a lot of people ) thing.

What I ended up seeing scares the Hell out of me. The amount of red I see might even be more than the days after 9/11 and that period where we all wanted Bush to turn the world to glass in our outrage.

I had to rub my eyes, get up, get some tea, and come back just to make sure my mind wasn't making more of it than was actually there.

Nope - little spots of blue and a few states without color. But mostly RED.

It is not like I did not expect this. I have been prepared for and predicting this for quite awhile now. The gridlock in Washington got a poster boy - one everyone seems to hate easily enough. Barack Obama. It is no surprise that The People sent a message showing their lack of faith and dislike. That is the American way and I am fine with it.

But, my God, what we have done in our folly.

I've read a few posts and there are people happily celebrating that Obamacare is gone - that abortion rights are gone - that religious freedom has returned - that companies will start hiring again with that "commie" now outmatched and made powerless - leaving the free market free once again... and so forth.

We will see. "Obamacare" ( Actually Romneycare updated by an Insurance company lobbyist: Fact ) might get scapegoated, even though it was, in effect, a Republican creation that was hung around the POTUS's neck like an albatross for political gain. But the rest?

Not going to happen. Nobody is going to repeal Roe v Wade. They might fillibuster and scream and yell and make a HUGE noise. They might even submit some half-assed demand for the SCOTUS to repeal it. But it will all be theatrics.

It's ALL been theatrics all along, after all.

What? You say that now those leeches at the bottom will get starved into working? Sorry. Too late. Food stamps and most social programs evaporated or were deeply cut UNDER Obama already. The fat has been cut away already.

Oh, the borders are going to get sealed? Better go talk to the produce lobby about that, because they spend a LOT of money convincing Congress to keep the borders pourous due to that icky minimum wage thing.

Here is what is actually about to happen... The new Republican Senate is going to go on TV - non-stop - saying that without a Republican House and a Republican POTUS, there is no way they can "fix" the US. They'll rally around that sentiment for the next two years, accomplishing little else. Maybe even nothing, just to drive home the point that it has to be ALL RED for it to work.

America will likely buy it. Hook, line, and sinker. Then we are headed, come 2016, into the worst financial depression in the history of the modern world. A global depression that might just be bad enough to change the entire game. It's all planned, it's been in the works for thirty years or more - and it's about to happen.

Waking up to a red map just shows me how much closer we are to the bad times.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

You're welcome, Heff.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Waking up to more voters complaining frightens me. Nothing will change and it doesn't matter if it's a D or an R after the name, they're all out to screw us.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I know. I'm so annoyed. I'm a few weeks away from being completely debt free and we are headed directly into a Great Depression. Oh well, I guess I'll just keep working hard while the party in charge tells me I'm human garbage and robs me blind.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

It does matter though. The Patriot Act and War on Iraq never would have happened if we got President Gore instead of President Cheney. The Republicans have way too many crazies on their team that will see the world burn so they can feel like winners

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Eh, red/blue, what difference does it make when they don't represent the people anyways?

Not to mention, this is a cycle of rinse and repeat that does nothing more than divide the masses in a wave of emotions from hatred to hope so that *they* do nothing more but continue to pander to the BIG MONEY that contributes to their election campaigns while making promises that they have no intentions of ever keeping. Can't you guys see it yet?

Taxes, prisons, campaign financing, just where in the hell do us little folk fit in with this picture?

At this point, we are needed for one thing and one thing only, our VOTE! Then we get tossed into a closet like a child does with a new toy that is replaced with a newer one.

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
It's Awesome, isn't it?

Could care less who the Reds are, only that the Red is opposed to the Blue who are being downright treasonous in their recent occupation of power.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

If you think this mess wouldn't have happened because one "party" was in charge and another wasn't you're wrong.

Both parties are complicit. I noticed Obama did nothing to secure liberty for us. Not surprising, the two party debate is pathetic. We all got screwed, we all continue to.

If the left or the right was so gung ho on rights like they claim we'd have a different world but no, the soup is corruption and control, the ingredients are both parties.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
It's Awesome, isn't it?

Could care less who the Reds are, only that the Red is opposed to the Blue who are being downright treasonous in their recent occupation of power.

Proof that Fox news has very loyal viewers.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

No proof that people are gullible, no matter what suit they vote for.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well cant add much expect to say I woke up disappointed too.

The UK is screwed by this....why?

Cause even though we may have woken up and have started going for the 3rd party here it matters squat cause if the USA continues downhill with its 2 party corrupt system it will take the UK down with it in a economic depression even if the UK manages to fix the economy.

Australia/New Zealand/Japan? Your screwed as well.
edit on 5-11-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
You know who else awoke to a red map and became 'frightened'?

The Democratic party (and the KKK)- 1865

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: StarGazer77

Lincoln would qualify as a Democrat or liberal in every sense of the word in the modern world. The parties have shifted positions many times over since 1865.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

If it's any consolation, Hefficide, I think that map might have been made to strike terror in the hearts of those opposed to the GOP. Oregon is one of those states that has that tiny remote looking little island of blue on its West side and golly, it looks terrifyingly like even liberal intense Oregon is about to fall off into a conservative abyss. Well, that isn't the case. Eastern Oregon has almost always been the Conservative portion of Oregon. This drive towards Conservatism starts to crop up once you pass over the Cascades. It looks terrifying until you realize that the population living in E. Oregon is actually really quite small.

To put it even more in perspective, the total population of Oregon is around 3.9 million. Just one city, Portland, Or--aka "Mecca" to liberal progressives--has a population of 2.2 million--over half of the total population of Oregon. And the remaining cities that divide up the mass majority of Oregon's population? Well, those are mostly in that blue island, too. I think Bend might be in the red zone.

What it looks like in terms of the state legislature:

gov.oregonlive.com...

What the front page of the main Oregon news page looks like? It's not a declaration of terror that we're being overrun by the GOP and are having to huddle in our valley. It's actually a big breaking news about Oregon legalizing marijuana. When I saw that map on CNN, I blinked and then saw what they did with Oregon to make it look worse and just started laughing.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
It's Awesome, isn't it?

Proof that Fox news has very loyal viewers.

No, proof the Senate was shut down by Obama when the only legislation Reid would deliberate was changing the Redskins football team name for two years.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Confronted with dark side of the DNC = "Well, the parties have shifted"

Confronted with no evidence of a mythical party switch = "Well both parties suck".
edit on 5-11-2014 by StarGazer77 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: tavi45
The Patriot Act and War on Iraq never would have happened if we got President Gore instead of President Cheney.

President Gore would have made us a vassal of the United Nations and, by proxy, of the NWO while he lined his bank account with hundreds of millions of $$ he soaked Americans for in his carbon credit scam, not to mention his insider trading with green investments and DC power. Middle class USA would get screwed either way.

Red or blue ... both have their problems. The experiment of putting an unqualified community organizer in the white house has obviously failed. America is going to shift again but nothing will really change. extra DIV

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

No evidence?

The party has surely shifted multiple times since it's inception. Just as the other side of the isle has.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

So you found another thread to spread blatant ignorance in. I'll repeat again. The Democrats of the civil war era have no connection to today's Democrats except the name.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join