It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Rising GOP Star Congresswoman Mia Love

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Thanks

I'm just a bit more patriotic and don't look at it as "both parties suck". If we don't like the elected representatives, we have to voice the need for new candidates and then vote for candidates who are true to party platform.

As a true conservative, I also hope to see a reduction in RINOS and an increase in patriots.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: StarGazer77

I used to be conservative then I soured. I just want peace and freedom. Both parties have become tainted, until the time true liberty enters the political arena yikes I say.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hehe. He's definitely self loathing. There isn't a single sane gay man who would become a Republican. I know a few. They are pretty broken. It's rather sad.

The black woman senator is less surprising. They've been part of the mainstream long enough to think Republicans like black people. She actually seems rather sane. She worked hard and married a white dude. The American dream in action.
edit on 5-11-2014 by tavi45 because: added an extra paragraph

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I used to be centrist and independent until I watched the Republicans get more and more extremist and anti freedom. Both parties have issues but the Republicans represent a worldview that shouldn't exist anymore. They are against everything that made this nation great and forn everything that kept it from being great.

This is all opinion but I'm entitled to it. I've seen and met enough Republicans to get a solid idea of it. Hell my whole family is Republican, even though none of them know a single thing about history, politics, philosophy, or current events.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

I used to be centrist and independent until I watched the Republicans get more and more extremist and anti freedom. Both parties have issues but the Republicans represent a worldview that shouldn't exist anymore. They are against everything that made this nation great and forn everything that kept it from being great.

This is all opinion but I'm entitled to it. I've seen and met enough Republicans to get a solid idea of it. Hell my whole family is Republican, even though none of them know a single thing about history, politics, philosophy, or current events.

I'm curious as to what you mean when you say Republicans got "too extreme" and limited your freedoms...

True conservative republicans are all about freedom; just not to the point where you have infringed on someone else's.

For example:

Democrats took the 'freedom' to hold slaves, infringing on the rights of the slave.
Democrats took the 'freedom' of aborting babies for convenience, infringing on the right of the unborn (and the father)
Democrats take the 'freedom' to allow homosexuals to marry, while infringing on the rights of religious organizations who oppose it.

When you find that Republicans are taking your 'freedoms' away, take a look to make sure your 'freedom' wasn't imposing on anyone else.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: StarGazer77

The knife cuts both ways... you are right from one particular point of view, but left and right set up an exclusionary sysem.

1. So did the Republicans
2. What about the rights of the woman with a parisitc entity inside her.
3. So the rights of an organisation trump the rights of the individual?

I'm on the "all policy is controlled by corporate agenda"... both Dems and Repubs are tools controlled by corporate interests. Having a two party system makes it easy to control population and agenda by playing one off versus the other as required.

When will we ever get away from Us and Them, and move towards a truly balanced "by policy" approach, where issues can't be painted balck or white?

<< 1  2   >>

join