It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Rising GOP Star Congresswoman Mia Love

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: StarGazer77

Wasn't LBJ the one who bragged about getting black people to vote Democrat for the next 200 years? I won't post the exact quote here though, google it. I would post it if we were talking about a Republic or Conservative because then it would be acceptable to show their hypocrisy.

Yes indeed.

He said,

"

"These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference... I'll have them n*****s voting Democratic for the next two hundred years".

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Because I don't subscribe to the Left or Right debate?

What exactly did you mean when you said, "I don't expect anything from her"?

Is there something about her that makes her ineligible to perform the duties as Congresswoman? Just curious...

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

She's politician. Every four years people vote and nothing changes. Her race, her sex, her intelligence, the way she walks, what she eats, what she looks like has nothing to do with it. Only the fact that she's a politician.

Left, right it doesn't matter, we all get screwed.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The idea that the Democrats and Republicans of today have any relationship to the Democrats and Republicans of the civil war is a massive fallacy. Absolutely massive, as I'm sure you know, but Republicans love spewing propaganda that treats the truth as malleable clay.

If Lincoln were reborn today he'd be a Democrat.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: kaylaluv

Wow, you're really just foaming at the mouth right now, aren't you?

That was a really crude thing to say.

Foaming? Crude? Whaaaat?

Fact: Mia Love is a black woman married to a white man.

Fact: Interracial marriage was banned by law in many states before 1967. Gradually, some of the more liberal states removed the ban, but the more conservative states maintained the ban until they were forced to remove it with the 1967 Supreme Court decision (Loving vs Virginia).

Fact: Liberals were against the marriage ban, conservatives were all for it. Especially southern conservatives.

Just making an observation. Certainly no foaming going on over here.

So she should have the right to marry who she wants but not to choose which political party she's affiliated with.

Craziest thing I've heard come out of a libs mouth in the last hour!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

She's politician. Every four years people vote and nothing changes. Her race, her sex, her intelligence, the way she walks, what she eats, what she looks like has nothing to do with it. Only the fact that she's a politician.

Left, right it doesn't matter, we all get screwed.

I disagree.

I think that more than often, it is usually a Democrat voter who realizes the failures of their party, who suddenly has the new sentiment that now "both parties are horrible"...

To say that they should seek out the republican party is their admittance that they were voting for a terrible party, and they don't want to admit that.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Almost as self loathing and deluded as the gay republican senator from California. Goebbels was a total noob compared to Republicans. When gays and black women will support them, just wow. I won't even say anymore. *golf claps for propaganda*

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

The idea that the Democrats and Republicans of today have any relationship to the Democrats and Republicans of the civil war is a massive fallacy. Absolutely massive, as I'm sure you know, but Republicans love spewing propaganda that treats the truth as malleable clay.

If Lincoln were reborn today he'd be a Democrat.

Please don't make me choke on my coffee...

The only time Democrats insist that the parties are now "different" is when they are confronted with the dark side of the DNC.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

I mean she can pick whatever party she wants, who said she can't?

I could cut off my own legs and tell people it's in my own best interest. Most sane people would find it odd.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

The Democratic party has always regarded blacks as property, during the 1800's and in 2014.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Both parties are complicit.

I noticed the country sucks under Obama like it sucked under Bush and will continue to. Two party is a way to divide people so they never unite. You're all being used.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Both parties are complicit.

I noticed the country sucks under Obama like it sucked under Bush and will continue to. Two party is a way to divide people so they never unite. You're all being used.

Confronted with the dark side of the DNC = "Both parties suck"...

smh
edit on 5-11-2014 by StarGazer77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Democrats used to be white slave owning southerners. Now those descendants of the Confederacy are Republicans. Ever see a Confederate flag flying over Massachusetts or Oregon?

Here let me educate you if you are willing to read an article.

www.deathandtaxesmag.com...

"The way things stand now? Well, of course not all Republicans are racist. However, if you do happen to be a super crazy racist, you’re probably not voting Democrat these days."

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

What's the problem? I see that both parties are ridiculous and you can't handle that fact? No everybody chooses to subscribe to one party in order to be divided. Some just want peace and realize they're holding us back.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I look forward to you not reading the article and continuing to say liberals fought for slavery. Once again, there is nothing in common between todays Democrats and the ones of the civil war era.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Democrats used to be white slave owning southerners. Now those descendants of the Confederacy are Republicans. Ever see a Confederate flag flying over Massachusetts or Oregon?

Here let me educate you if you are willing to read an article.

www.deathandtaxesmag.com...

"The way things stand now? Well, of course not all Republicans are racist. However, if you do happen to be a super crazy racist, you’re probably not voting Democrat these days."

Uh no...

The descendants of the white southern slave owners are now white liberals period.

They are still he group of racism and dependence. White liberals always want to save and rescue the dysfunctional black person. Why?

Because they regard them as inferior.

White-liberal policies, such as lifelong welfare create life-long dependency. Why?

Because this was the way of the slave master - dependency keeps a population voting for their masters.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Oh stop. There are racist Democrats just as there are racist Republicans.
How many people voted for Obama because he does have black skin?

Martin Luther King Jr - "Actually, the Negro has been betrayed by both the Republican and the Democratic party. The Democrats have betrayed him by capitulating to the whims and caprices of the Southern Dixiecrats. The Republicans have betrayed him by capitulating to the blatant hypocrisy of reactionary right wing northern Republicans. And this coalition of southern Dixiecrats and right wing reactionary northern Republicans defeats every bill and every move towards liberal legislation in the area of civil rights"

Martin Luther King Jr - "I don't think the Republican party is a party full of the almighty God nor is the Democratic party. They both have weaknesses ... And I'm not inextricably bound to either party. "

SOURCE

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 11/5/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Almost as self loathing and deluded as the gay republican senator from California. Goebbels was a total noob compared to Republicans. When gays and black women will support them, just wow. I won't even say anymore. *golf claps for propaganda*

Now that doesn't sound the tiniest bit prejudiced at all ..

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I read another thread a minute ago that was called "I woke up to a Red MAp".

In it, the OP describes the horror he felt when he realized that more states had turned red overnight, and remarked the new "fear" he was now feeling.

Me, being a black conservative, responded:

" You know who else awoke "frightened' at a red map? The Democratic Party and the KKK- 1865"

Priceless

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Haha, I agree with you there

But the two parties have screwed us over. No matter who people vote for nothing changes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join