It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

105 Israeli Generals against the need to keep millions of people under occupation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
105 retired generals and intelligence chiefs wrote a letter to premier Benjamin Netanyahu, urging him to “initiate a diplomatic process” for peace with Palestine.

Major General Eyal Ben-Reuven told:

We’re on a steep slope toward an increasingly polarized society and moral decline, due to the need to keep millions of people under occupation on claims that are presented as security-related

Major General Amnon Reshef, said he was:

sick and tired of a reality of rounds of fighting every few years, instead of a genuine effort to adopt the Saudi initiative

He referred to the Saudi peace plan adopted in 2002 that offered full peace for Arab states and Israel. Tel Aviv, in turn, was to withdraw to borders based on the pre-1967 armistice lines.

Among the signatories to the protest, 101 are IDF veterans with the rank of brigadier or major general, two are ex-chiefs of the Mossad intelligence agency and three former commanders of Israel’s National Police, Haaretz reported.
source

Last September 43 ex-members of Unit 8200 (one of Israel’s most secretive military intelligence units), have signed a public letter refusing to serve in operations involving the occupied Palestinian territories because of the widespread surveillance of innocent residents.
news and video source

We, veterans of Unit 8200, reserve soldiers both past and present, declare that we refuse to take part in actions against Palestinians and refuse to continue serving as tools in deepening the military control over the Occupied Territories.

They add:

The Palestinian population under military rule is completely exposed to espionage and surveillance by Israeli intelligence. It is used for political persecution and to create divisions within Palestinian society by recruiting collaborators and driving parts of Palestinian society against itself. In many cases, intelligence prevents defendants from receiving a fair trial in military courts, as the evidence against them is not revealed.

they described a culture of impunity where soldiers were actively discouraged in training lessons from questioning the legality of orders, and of being deliberately misled by commanders about the circumstances of a case in which one member of their unit refused to cooperate in the bombing of a building with civilians in it in retaliation for an attack in Israel.

The intelligence gathering about Palestinians is not clean. When you rule a population that does not have political rights, laws like we have, [then] the nature of this regime of ruling over people, especially when you do it for many years, [is that] it forces you to take control or infiltrate every aspect of their life

pic1
pic2
pic3
edit on 4/11/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
They "wrote a letter", huh? Now they are sorry, after they retire? Come on.

I see maybe a few that are so sorry, maybe… a little bit.

So what. Officials and generals are usually "sorry about that" after its all over for them. See the dodging after 911 and Ben Gazi, for instance,

So are they really sorry and still doing nothing because they are posturing for the future war crimes trials? Yah, I was against it all along. See, I wrote a letter, even.

To the head nut, even.

pffft…

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Israel prides itself on being cunning. I don't see a straight line to peace ever happening in Israels existence. Israel wants ALL of Palestine and no peace process is going to give them that so cunning deception and war is the method they will use.

The new Canadian security bill states that I am no longer allowed to voice support for a terrorist organization. Hamas is a terrorist organization, and Israel states that is who their war is against, so to voice disdain toward Israel, I am worried that I am by default voicing support for terrorists.

I may have to start leaving this topic alone once the new bill takes effect.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

thank you voyger2 for bringing up this thread.
I was surprised positively about this news. Hopefully, peace will come for the benefit of Palestinian and Israeli people.
Hopefully, the hardliners consider and reach up to final peace.
edit on 4-11-2014 by lotusaugen because: x

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
a reply to: MALBOSIA
I understand your lack of confidence about a "simple letter".
a reply to: lotusaugen

Nevertheless it's significant to consider that more important state "figures" come to public reveling the truth and opposing to status quo in place. They are the ones who knows in «firsthand of the heavy and painful price exacted by wars»

This evidences and testimonials gives credit/strength to Palestinian claims in international institutions (courts of law included) and foreign governments to support them in the creation of Palestinian State and the freedom of their people.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
The new Canadian security bill states that I am no longer allowed to voice support for a terrorist organization. Hamas is a terrorist organization, and Israel states that is who their war is against, so to voice disdain toward Israel, I am worried that I am by default voicing support for terrorists.

I may have to start leaving this topic alone once the new bill takes effect.

It's a common aspect of society's to persecute those who question the "established dogmas".

You have on your side (has the Palestinians) a International Law for questioning and freedom of speech:

THE UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
Article 1.

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

[..]
Article 19.

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

Note: In this International Declaration of Rights, there is a lot of interesting articles(rights) to use in this conflict that are being disrespected by Israel. A proper action in the UN is required to make this undeniable rights prevail in favor of the Palestinian people.

It's curious that you mention Canada, cause i just read something about the public support for the Palestinian cause:
Accordingly to the following source, Palestinians carried a 66-meter-long Palestinian flag bearing 25,000 signatures that flew from Canada to the West Bank city of Ramallah on October 28, 2014.

The flag was initially displayed in Ottawa in a rally at the parliament in the Canadian capital in July 2014 to denounce the high toll of Palestinian civilians in the Gaza Strip during the latest Israeli military offensive on the Hamas-run coastal Palestinian territory. The idea for the flag came from 42-year-old Palestinian Canadian Tarek Taha who is a member of DIVERSITY, SOCIAL TRANSPARENCE, TOLERANCE (DSTT), a Montreal organization which was founded in September 2013 by a group of Palestinian Canadians .

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
According to THE UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS there are so many laws being violated by Israel, that I just can not believe how this shameful regime can have any International Support.

In the preamble of the Human Rights Declaration, it is written:

Whereas recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world,
[..]
Whereas it is essential, if man is not to be compelled to have recourse, as a last resort, to rebellion against tyranny and oppression, that human rights should be protected by the rule of law,

Article 7 - As principle:

All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law.
All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination.

Article 2 :

[..] Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.

Article 3 :

Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

Article 9 :

No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.

Article 12 :

No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.

Article 13 :

(1) Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.
(2) Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.

Article 17 :

(2) No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his property.

Article 18 :

Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.

Article 25 :

(1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.

Article 30 :

Nothing in this Declaration may be interpreted as implying for any State, group or person any right to engage in any activity or to perform any act aimed at the destruction of any of the rights and freedoms set forth herein.

I easily identified 10 articles of the Human Rights Declaration that are clearly being violated by Israel.

«The Declaration was proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly in Paris on 10 December 1948 General Assembly resolution 217 A (III)»

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
a reply to: intrptr
a reply to: MALBOSIA
I understand your lack of confidence about a "simple letter".
a reply to: lotusaugen

Nevertheless it's significant to consider that more important state "figures" come to public reveling the truth and opposing to status quo in place. They are the ones who knows in «firsthand of the heavy and painful price exacted by wars»

This evidences and testimonials gives credit/strength to Palestinian claims in international institutions (courts of law included) and foreign governments to support them in the creation of Palestinian State and the freedom of their people.

I see the urge for more important state "figures" entering the peace train, too.
It could be that by now an initial spark is given.
Pessimism does not bring the peace process further.
More than 80 percent of world inhabitants recognize a Palestinian State. May be more?
At least Sweden acknowledged a Palestinian State. This is now the 3rd European Country.
The Israeli government which is in the stronger position should reach the hands to the disadvantaged Palestinian People.
Many Israeli people live in fear of their government - may be they are more than the ones in fear of the Palestine...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I'm starting to do an about face on my opinion of Israel. The more I learn the more I find myself disapproving. That being said, I only came in this thread to see if Israel really had 105 generals lol

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I've been saying it forever. The problem isn't the Jews, it's the Knesset. These dude's are what would be called patriots and they are saying the Knesset is wrong.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

Every side has good guys and bad guys. Some times people fall for propaganda but they get wiser as time passes. And I am sure the ones who wrote this letter are true believers in Moses who feel remorse for things they were involved in.

Hopefully these men are able to help the ones who live there, live together in peace. It's time for peace, I have seen and heard about enough war and death to last me an eternity.

It's time to place humanity ahead of politics.

new topics

top topics

join