It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help With A Time Mystery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
Unless I misunderstood what you wrote, You said you set your clocks back 1 hour on the wrong date. You then state

I looked up the USgov atomic clock time and sure enough our Analog Clocks were all wrong by an hour and the computer clock was off to an hour.
SO
We hand changed 3 analog clocks in the house to match the .gov clock and my husband changed his truck clock, I changed my computer clock and they agreed after changing with the time on the weather channel.

So I'm thinking you reset your clocks to the correct time, no? At which point you carried on with your daily tasks until the correct day came about to set your clocks back, which you did, and they are still correct.

yes our clocks were off by one hour compared to the .gov clock except the one my husband changed the night before (thinking it was time to fall back and hour), we double checked like always the next morning, you get worried when the time changes about showing up to work at the wrong time...so yes somehow all of our clocks were off all an hour even though the time was not supposed to be changed.

I explain it badly I think because i just don't know what happened it confuses us both. All i know for sure is we set our clocks back TWICE within a couple weeks but still always showed to work on time and had the correct time according to TV and computer.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
ok that is odd. I had a weird time anomaly occur recently myself if you would care to hear the story.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
ok that is odd. I had a weird time anomaly occur recently myself if you would care to hear the story.

I would love too!Please!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Someone disrupted your timeline in your past and the present attempted to correct itself.

That's the only theory I can think of for this happening.

I have a little tale about this

So, I was in Sherbrooke QC to pick up a backpack from an Army surplus store that I saw. Unfortunately the one I tried going to had closed and moved up the street by at least 12 kilometers. The first half of my trip to the closed location took about 30 minutes for two miles of a good pace downhill and waiting for stoplights, business as usual.

I ask for directions to the new store and I set off. Now here's the weird part. I did that distance with my sister and a friend and it took us 5 hours to walk the same distance. I set the same pace because of my massive legs so I know it wasn't a case of my friend and my sister lagging behind.

I left at 11:40 or so. I got there at 1:20.
I know I can walk fast but there is no way on Earth I could have walked 6 miles uphill in less than 3 hours. And this hill was STEEP.

This has happened to me before where I would be driving and would get to places in an illogical mainframe. Like a 20 minute drive turned into an hour drive or an hour drive turned into a 15 minute drive.

Me thinks that someone has been messing around with things that they couldn't control

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

Thanks for sharing that. I have been reading many stories like yours and these things seem to recur with certain people like yours does.
Mine is a little different because although i have had many odd things happen in my life my husband has not and this was really mostly about him.
He is the one who came home and said Steve whom I don't know at work said to change the clocks that night. The funniest part is my husbands Dad ,he is one of those who believes in absolutely nothing beyond math figures. I can't believe my husband was so confounded by this he actually asked him for help figuring out what happened and sadly since my husband has had to deal with his Father and his Father's friends saying you never moved the clocks you just remembered wrong or all of your clocks auto reset to correct what you did! They can't believe him that we have some simple battery operated clocks with no possible way to reset.

Poor guy he knows we went through quite some effort changing all the clocks, double checking the time. At least he knows now how I have felt like when my pictures were off the wall and sitting at the far end of the bed from the wall one day....he just looked at me like, ah sure :-)! His turn!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Perhaps a type of placebo effect that ended up bleeding into your outside environment?

Or it could be a form of communication that is attempting/intending to assist/prepare you for a rapidly increasing rate of cognitive dissonance as your eyes begin to *see* things that do not make sense in your *now* current linear perception of time.

If I *remember* correctly it was my concept of time that first needed expansion.

Or it might very well be nothing at all.

Either way, every one loves a good mystery now and then.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ProsceniumProtagonist

How nice another perspective!

Either way, every one loves a good mystery now and then.

So very true!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

If there is one thing I'll never run short on its perspectives.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The answer to this is so SIMPLE,

And answers, ridiculous,

Ill try to lay it out plainly and slowely,

You changed your clocks on the wrong day, hence, they were wrong,

So, you changed them BACK to the correct time, hence, nothing was changed,

You only changed your clocks back ONCE, the other time was the wrong day, so you corrected it.

This is a riddle for the handicapped, when you read the OP there is no mystery.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Sorry guys, this happens every time i have the curry for lunch.

Sincerely,

The Architect.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IntastellaBurst

And answers, ridiculous,

You only changed your clocks back ONCE, the other time was the wrong day, so you corrected it.

The clocks were changed in the same direction both times so how were they "changed back" How did we continue to be on time for work and appointments all the time we should have been off by an hour?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx

Sorry guys, this happens every time i have the curry for lunch.
Sincerely,

The Architect.

if I were you I would avoid Curry!

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

And answers, ridiculous,

The clocks were changed in the same direction both times so how were they "changed back" How did we continue to be on time for work and appointments all the time we should have been off by an hour?

As far as you know! Remember, this is a "conspiracy" site and I'm getting a sense of a 'conspiracy of one' here. Earlier you said

my husband is a straight no nonsense kind of guy

Given your somewhat 'eccentric' beliefs expressed on ATS, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to find that he took this opportunity to play this prank on you. If he did, kudos and high fives to him!

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

originally posted by: Char-Lee

And answers, ridiculous,

As far as you know! Remember, this is a "conspiracy" site and I'm getting a sense of a 'conspiracy of one' here. Earlier you said

my husband is a straight no nonsense kind of guy

Given your somewhat 'eccentric' beliefs expressed on ATS, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to find that he took this opportunity to play this prank on you. If he did, kudos and high fives to him!

Or could it be that my so called "eccentric beliefs" come from experience and I am not so cowardly as to deny what I have seen and learned in my life just so I will not be made fun of or harassed by those who think the world around them is some kind of predictable stable little place they can confidently say they understand!

I actually feel sorry for people with such narrow minds as the future is going to cause them great discomfort.

My husband is nothing like you, so no he would not chose to make his wife nor himself play the fool to entertain people like yourself
edit on 28-12-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Why so defensive and nasty? I didn't attack you or your beliefs. "Eccentric" seemed like a much more polite adjective than others I would have preferred but again, my post is not about your beliefs. It was merely suggesting that presumably your husband would be aware of them.

You may abhor the rational possibility, but you could at least acknowledge it rather than close your mind to it and be so nasty in doing so.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

Why so defensive and nasty? I didn't attack you or your beliefs. "Eccentric" seemed like a much more polite adjective than others I would have preferred but again, my post is not about your beliefs. It was merely suggesting that presumably your husband would be aware of them.

You may abhor the rational possibility, but you could at least acknowledge it rather than close your mind to it and be so nasty in doing so.

My apologies I am sure you only meant to be kind and considerate. Thank you for your contribution.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join