It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help With A Time Mystery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Need Help With A Time MysteryMy husband and I are so confused.
About two weeks ago (can't remember how long it's been) someone (he can't remember who) told my husband we needed to set our clocks back an hour for Daylight savings time that night. He set the bedside clock back when we went to bed and the next morning we were still unsure if we had the time right and he needed to be to work in two hours. I looked up the USgov atomic clock time and sure enough our Analog Clocks were all wrong by an hour and the computer clock was off to an hour.
SO
We hand changed 3 analog clocks in the house to match the .gov clock and my husband changed his truck clock, I changed my computer clock and they agreed after changing with the time on the weather channel.

Now my husband continued to go to work and show up right on time and my clocks below the TV matched the weather channel clock all this time!

Then he learned at work yesterday was the day to set the clocks back! Wow! Then how was our clocks correct? Now we set them all back an hour AGAIN and this time the computer changed on it's own but again we matched the .gov clock and the weather channel clock....all Still were correct this morning after setting them back an hour a second time.

SO how did we continue to have the right time on both computer, analog clocks and our auto update atomic clock when we set the clocks back a couple of weeks early?
edit on 2-11-2014 by Char-Lee because: sp

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

A glitch in the matrix. Two divergent realities merged into one. No biggie. ;p All of my clocks everywhere are ten minutes fast. It gives me the head start I need to deal with the noise in this world.
edit on 11 2 2014 by Nechash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

That is weird!

I had to do nothing. Our phones and laptops changed the time automatically.

How old is your computer?
If you don't mind me asking. The newer ones all change the time automatically.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue

That is weird!

I had to do nothing. Our phones and laptops changed the time automatically.

How old is your computer?
If you don't mind me asking. The newer ones all change the time automatically.

It is old, 2002 windows XP and it did update this time, but I remember last update Spring Forward it didn't update and I had to change it by hand.
My Father-inlaw is a businessman and all he talks is numbers profit/loss and my husband was afraid to ask him about this because he does not tolerate strange or outside the box...anyway he called him because he is so confused by this and asked him what he thinks happened. He actually said he will think about it and try to figure out what happened...that is weird too! Glad for my husband though that he could get a good response we would like to know what happened, how this is possible.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
check the timezonelocation of the machines, if it thinks its in the UK for example it will of changed time a couple of weeks ago, also if its a pirated version of certain copies of windows it likes to set itself in russian timezones as well

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Since the 60'S all home electronics have hidden back doors for the military to expironment on citizens without there consent .They can be used to drive the target (you) insane or make you do somthing you would not normally do.That is the simple truth not many people know.They are testing A.I. systems that will one day make your smart phone control YOU.Since cell towers operate at BRAIN frequencies it will be instant when the day comes and they flip that preverbial switch AND WE ALL WILL BECOME DIFFERENT but yet we cant put our finger on what happened.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: supergravity

Since the 60'S all home electronics have hidden back doors for the military to expironment on citizens without there consent .They can be used to drive the target (you) insane or make you do somthing you would not normally do.That is the simple truth not many people know.They are testing A.I. systems that will one day make your smart phone control YOU.Since cell towers operate at BRAIN frequencies it will be instant when the day comes and they flip that preverbial switch AND WE ALL WILL BECOME DIFFERENT but yet we cant put our finger on what happened.

What about the travel clock with battery we keep it set for power outages and it was changed also, it seems to tiny and simple to have any added stuff? We are the only ones in our neighborhood that they put the new power box on actually the only ones in miles I have not seen another, they came one day and just said we are replacing your meter. i am starting to feel picked on! lol

No really I can't see anyway for anyone to have messed with just our time.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
check the timezonelocation of the machines, if it thinks its in the UK for example it will of changed time a couple of weeks ago, also if its a pirated version of certain copies of windows it likes to set itself in russian timezones as well

Thanks, the thing is we changed the time set it back on a clock with time zones, a simple electric clock no frills a travel clock and the Truck and computer so most of those have no time zone selection.(checked anyway and the computer and one clock have the right PDT)

Feeling like we got hit by the Twilight Zone.
edit on 2-11-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I commented here in a thread yesterday about the time zones being out of sink across the world , it did flash across my brain that America was the week before the UK but not being there i did not give it a second thought until i read your thread char-lee .

Like you i was scratching my head lately and had to come to ATS for answers only to find many people are saying the same thing and i was awake at the time and walking to the next village , it is still bugging me

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good luck trying to figure it out char-lee s&f

edit on 2/11/2014 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
I commented here in a thread yesterday about the time zones being out of sink across the world , it did flash across my brain that America was the week before the UK but not being there i did not give it a second thought until i read your thread char-lee .

Like you i was scratching my head lately and had to come to ATS for answers only to find many people are saying the same thing and i was awake at the time and walking to the next village , it is still bugging me

Good luck trying to figure it out char-lee s&f

Thanks so much,(just read your story) my husband is a straight no nonsense kind of guy and so are his whole Family normally he would not even say anything to anyone but we together went to the time on the .gov site and saw we did need to change our clocks and then we both checked with the weather channel so we both know we changed the clocks and hour one-two weeks ago, he might know the day I can't remember.

This is truly upsetting because no explanation fits unless the Weather Channel and the >govTime site all had their clocks wrong...and also my husband was not early for work all these days. I was about to investigate dimensional shift, was we in a parallel universe where they indeed were supposed to change the time weeks ago, and came back just the day we needed to change it here for Nov 2.

I

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
dbl

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

(checked anyway and the computer and one clock have the right PDT)

When did you check? You are now on PST.

Did you ever check the clocks against your cell phones?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

I just checked I actually just said PDT but it says Pacific Time (Us & canada). I didn't check the day we changed all of the clocks because we just changed them all manually set to the .gov time site and the Weather channel clock for the livingroom, don't know if my husband checked his cell phone (will ask him) but I doubt he could go two weeks with the wrong time on it without noticing. he did change the clock in his truck...both times.
The new time was right on the computer this morning though so it had to have changed from when I set it back last week or two ago.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Well I don't know if it is anything like what happened to me but there are many people who have weird things happen.
poster on this site which has some interesting ones.
mysteriousuniverse.org...

Daniel Bigham • 5 months ago
I have a strange tale from my childhood when my family was living in Nevada (one of a few such incidents) that was similar to this one. My Dad took us on vacation to Las Vegas, and around the town of Ely, my sister and I became nauseated. We stopped at a drugstore that was quaint, looked old but was cheap. The owner gave us "coke syrup" for about 50 cents, sent us on our way with good cheer and told us to stop by on our way back to let him know how we were doing. The syrup helped us, and after our visit to Vegas, we tried to find this place again... but it was not there. Confused, my father asked the townspeople what happened to the store. They chuckled and told us that the place had burned down 100 years earlier! Some of them also mentioned that our story was rare but not entirely unique. I have puzzled over this for more than 30 years, and this article comes really close to explaining (or at least offering) some kind of reference to what might have happened.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I was shocked at how any people are saying this kind of thing around the internet sites when i looked into it , i do remember a story in the back of my head about some village in Italy that everyone's clocks in the whole village were off by hours i tried a google search but it turned up nothing .

What did strike me about the story was the explanation they gave a solar storm or something stupid which my brain would not take in going to do some digging around now char-lee as i know i have commented on the USA & UK setting our clocks at different weeks and wondering why .

ps just noticed the story above as i was typing this
edit on 2/11/2014 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5
Good story here
mysteriousuniverse.org...
the best stories are the chat below the story..wow this is all so common!

You know I did have an unusual experience this last week. I had a guy come to my door, he said he wanted to let me know the power company wanted the trees trimmed along our driveway and was that ok...every few years I get a note on my door about the trimming and assume they do it but never see them.

Anyway, this guy maybe in his 60's like 10 years older than me was smiling at me a really weird familiar smile, a look in his eyes the kind of look a guy gives someone he knows intimately. He looked past me into the house expectantly like I should invite him in, and just kept standing there with the strange expectant smile and said "ok then" and closed the door on him.

Our place is really private with a tall fence all the way around and only the gate to get in at the end of a long driveway it was just weird.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

that is a few i dug up here will look for what i remember reading here

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

Yes he said he changed the time on the cell both times.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Just read your account here.

i just found a watch we keep in a drawer it is exactly one hour off says 10.15 and it is now 9.15 so there is nothing to suggest anything odd we can fall back twice and all is good no problem Ha!!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Unless I misunderstood what you wrote, You said you set your clocks back 1 hour on the wrong date. You then state

I looked up the USgov atomic clock time and sure enough our Analog Clocks were all wrong by an hour and the computer clock was off to an hour.
SO
We hand changed 3 analog clocks in the house to match the .gov clock and my husband changed his truck clock, I changed my computer clock and they agreed after changing with the time on the weather channel.

So I'm thinking you reset your clocks to the correct time, no? At which point you carried on with your daily tasks until the correct day came about to set your clocks back, which you did, and they are still correct.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join