It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawrence Lessig: The Man You Have Never Heard Of Who Should Be Running In 2016

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

If you need 30 rounds to hit a target, maybe a gun range is a better option than a larger clip.

With that logic, the military has no use for 30 round MAGAZINES (not clip) either.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

Sorry what do you use assault weapons for?

The military uses assault weapons and large clips because they fight wars. Are you at war with someone?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

The military uses assault weapons and large clips because they fight wars. Are you at war with someone?

If they got it together and followed the teachings of their fore fathers, yes they would be right now.

It is taking them a while to get off the dime.

Their Government is the enemy and many know this as fact.

The Government is a target rich environment so large magazines come in handy.

P

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
That argument is the equivalent of "you can take my Hellfire missile from my cold, dead fingers."

Gun nuts don't need more time on the shooting range; they need a rattle and a fresh nappy.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

The 2nd amendment is also about a well ordered militia. The NRA propagandized that out of public memory. Where are the well ordered militias that make fun ownership valid?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Heff, I watched the last election from my armchair in Australia.

It was full of deceit and tricks. The Media were complicit in stopping one particular candidate.

Elections in the US are no longer capable of fixing the problems. Those that cause the problems have control over the process. Even recent events in Chicago have demonstrated this quite clearly.

The fact that the Feds and others want illegals to be able to vote is just one of many clear indicators.

In my view, the last real election in the US elected a President that was assassinated because he was about to take the power away from the power brokers.

There are few options remaining.

Recent events are troubling. I think that the power brokers want a collapse of the economy before the 2016 Elections. That is my take on the current situation.

P

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

The 2nd amendment is also about a well ordered militia. The NRA propagandized that out of public memory. Where are the well ordered militias that make fun ownership valid?

The 2nd is simply the right to bear arms, end of story.

The whole purpose of the second is to stop a tyrannical government.

P

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
It makes no sense why some people would say they don't want tyranny in government, then in the same breath, give them more power by disarming themselves.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

OK so start the revolution buddy. What are you waiting for?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Nothing yet.

Not yet.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Did you also have a problem with Bush being handed the presidency illegally over Gore through judicial manipulation and voter fraud?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
A second Constitutional Convention is long past due.

Jefferson told us:

But I know also, that laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths disclosed, and manners and opinions change with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also, and keep pace with the times.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

What do you need an automatic weapon for?

For people who don't want me to have it.

link   

Seriously. Go do it. I can't wait to see the news story about the one man revolution.

link   

Did you also have a problem with Bush being handed the presidency illegally over Gore through judicial manipulation and voter fraud?

He's from Australia. Do you even read?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I skimmed. He mostly talked about America

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

So you need an assault weapon to engage in a revolution? You scream about the government trying to take it and being tyrants. Why not start it now? What are you waiting for?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

So you need an assault weapon to engage in a revolution? You scream about the government trying to take it and being tyrants. Why not start it now? What are you waiting for?

We don't go to the revolution. The revolution comes to us and we participate. The government taking it and trying to take it is two different things. America doesn't need a revolution right now. But, if it ever does, I'll be ready. You won't. Which is fine. Maybe you could get a job washing our boots. I need a gun for what ever I need it for. You're not me. You can't tell me what I do and don't need. I'm a free person. So, you should mind your own business. If you don't want a gun. Don't get one. I do. So get off my back and quit supporting the Nanny State and making up excuses for the government to be more powerful than the people. That's despicable.

And guns are multi purpose tools. Maybe I need it for a revolution. Maybe I need it for a pack of coyotes. Maybe I need it for a hog or a bear. Maybe I need it for a gun fight on my property by a thief who is well armed and taking good cover. Maybe I need it for an invasion by a foreign enemy. Maybe I need it in my city to defend my property from protesters who loot and riot. There are a lot of reasons to protect yourself and be prepared. There's not a lot of reasons to disempower yourself and fight to disempower others and choose weakness. People that do that are inherently weak, probably cowards, definitely liberals, unpatriotic, despicable, overly sensitive, among other things. So you can be a wimpy little powerless man girl if you want. I'll be a man with a gun.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

If no one starts a revolution how does it come to you? Does a ghost start it? Magic? God? People start revolutions so if you want one start it.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

So I think I should get a nuke in case an alien portal shows up on my property. I might need to sneak in and blow it up from the other side to save the human race. I'll sacrifice myself for humanity like a boss. You'll see. I'm just waiting for that alien portal so i can show you all what a big tough guy I am.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join