It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft Cloaking Technology

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
First off I would like to say that I am happy to now be on the Above Top Secret Forum.

The first thing I would like to open up with is a very interesting topic : Aircraft Cloaking Technology.

A while back, a friend and I were outside pointing out shooting stars because the power was knocked out and you could see everything in the sky. Well, as I was laying down, I noticed a type of "blur" type object scooting across the sky at about an average speed of 400 km (estimated). I quickly pointed and said "look do you see that" and suprisingly he got a quick glimpse of it before it finally went out of site. The description was a basketball shaped object with a nucleus type black "dot" in the center of it. The location it was heading for is classified by me but it was heading east I can tell you that much, if you would like to know where I think it was heading you are welcome to ask me at [email protected]

I was wondering, anybody have any opinions or any feedback on this ??...Has anybody seen anything like this before ?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Sounds like an object that was in very high frequency, this is common for UFO's sighted by NASA but they are not visible by the naked eye...IIRC...

The US is developing optical stealth systems for it's next generation of aircraft but is nothing like the HF technology often ascociated with UFO's...

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
yes, in the future, there will be visual stealth

it involves electrochromic polymer sheets that are being developed in Florida, these thin sheets cover the aircrafts skin and sense the hue, colour, and brightness of the surrounding sky and ground.The image received is then projected onto the aircraft's opposite side.When charged to a certain voltage, these panels undergo colour change.Another similar skin is being tested at the Groom Lake facility known as Area 51 in Nevada.this skin is reputed to be composed of a electro-magnetically conductive polyaniline-based-radar-absorbent composite

the system also utilizes photo sensitive receptors all over the plane that scan all around the area, subsequently the data is interpreted by an onboard computer which outputs it much like a computer screen making the aircraft virtually invisible to site.

yes, the technology is very interesting, can't wait for it to actually be used, there are rumors that it is going to be tested on an F-22 in the future

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
OK I agree with the the cloaking thing but to get a plane cloaked you would need millions of cells that recreate the surroundings of the area also they would have to nano cells to not create a blurred distortion. Also the computer and receptors would have to reconfigure every nano second of air the plane travels.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
i know, but considering that the avionics suite on the F-22 is equivalent to TWO Crey supercomputers, it should be a enough, these panels are very thin, so they wouldn't add weight, or much weight to the structure, but the thing i'm worried about is the heating up of the metal, because u have to apply a specific voltage the electrochromic panel so that it changes colour, well, wouldn't this give of a high IR signal, the R-73 would lock-in and destroy, seriously

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The F-22 might have visual stealth, but it may not be what some of you think,For instance, I believe it was the last Bond movie with the Aston Martin, it wont be like that, all it will be able to do is change to the color of its surroundings, and not project things from one side on to the other side.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
i think u're misinterpreting this, the F-22 might be capable of doing this, but they might want to add another supercomputer in it, i'm worried about the effect that it will have on the aerodynamics of the aircraft, because it will increase the weight for sure, and add to the IR signature

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dima
yes, in the future, there will be visual stealth...

The future is NOW for the USA. Visual stealth is here, today.

Look up the Bird of Prey.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Yeah but Q thought it up first !!

I dont see how it couldnt transmit pictures of the other side onto the car, seems very feasable.
Bird of prey? We aren't tlking star treck are we?

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
dima but these sheets would be what like impossible to be detected by rader? and what if these sheets fail to work and the US have blowen away like 40billion dollars of reserach

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Yeah but Q thought it up first !!

I dont see how it couldnt transmit pictures of the other side onto the car, seems very feasable.
Bird of prey? We aren't tlking star treck are we?

I think he was talking about this aircraft, even though i don't see what it has to do with active stealth besides it being "suggested" that it has it by unoffical sources... I have read that they are working on active stealth but they are also working on stuff like teleportation (making some progress too but they are no where near beaming anyone up yet) and what not, so like all things that are just theory i remain skeptical until they actually show one working.

www.boeing.com...

[edit on 10-12-2004 by Trent]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
the bird of prey is old 2002 it was released to the public. Also the F-22 is fitted with with the lattest ECM and ECCM system to keep missles of its tail. Also to keep it really cloaked you would need to think about engine exhaust you cant put any cells on that now can you. So either have a passive type engine that doesnt have an exhaust ( anti grav hehe).

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dima
yes, in the future, there will be visual stealth

it involves electrochromic polymer sheets that are being developed in Florida, these thin sheets cover the aircrafts skin and sense the hue, colour, and brightness of the surrounding sky and ground.The image received is then projected onto the aircraft's opposite side.When charged to a certain voltage, these panels undergo colour change.Another similar skin is being tested at the Groom Lake facility known as Area 51 in Nevada.this skin is reputed to be composed of a electro-magnetically conductive polyaniline-based-radar-absorbent composite

the system also utilizes photo sensitive receptors all over the plane that scan all around the area, subsequently the data is interpreted by an onboard computer which outputs it much like a computer screen making the aircraft virtually invisible to site.

yes, the technology is very interesting, can't wait for it to actually be used, there are rumors that it is going to be tested on an F-22 in the future

From what I have picked up while I've been working with my current employer, your information is surprisingly accurate and Raytheon is deeply embedded in this effort .
Rumors are that the Raytheon employees whose plane crashed last year over the Nellis Test Range on their way to the Tonopah test range or Groom Lake were working on this project.

PS:
American Mad Man,
If the Bird of Prey you are referring to is the Boeing BoP then I don't think that's an accurate statement. BoP was a technology demonstrator for the X-45 drone.

Below are the BoP and the X-45, note the family resemblance. Positioning of wings, and to a certain degree the shape of the wings. The air intake's placement on the fuselage and the shape of the inlet. The shaping of the exhaust area to reduce both IR and radar signature. Also note the shape of the nose areas. I am fairly certain that currently the Boeing BoP resides at the Wright-Patterson Air Museum.

Below: Boeing Bird of Prey

Below: Boeing X-45 UCAV

[edit on 10-12-2004 by intelgurl]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
here is an interesting link I found on cloaking and holoprojection

www.orbwar.com...

and another I found on the patent on cloaking

www.chameleo.net...

[edit on 10-12-2004 by Kriskaos]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
that an idea is going to come to fruition, or any time soon. It may be that it is technically feasible but not financially viable. Look at how many billions of dollars of research have gone into ideas in the past, that were eventually canned. Aspects of that research will help other areas to proceed, as is often the case, but often the original concept is not what is created - if created at all.

It does make sense that this is the next area of "Stealth" to be explored, but I think that it is more likely to be used first on a UAV or UCAV, than on an F-22.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Not only will the concept fb-22 have active visual stealth, It will have pods for stelathy external ordinance, reworked engines to go as fast and high as the F/A-22, redistribute its engine heat all over its skin to reduce its infared signal, and will feature some mission adaptive spots on the plane so it can start out with a bulge to hold more fuel in take off but will go to flush when it needs togo stealthy.

Go tho Aviation weeks website and search for fb-22 and find it for your self if you dont believe me.

If this is unclassified, how far have we come with mission adaptive skins in the black world

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by roniii259
Not only will the concept fb-22 have active visual stealth, It will have pods for stelathy external ordinance, reworked engines to go as fast and high as the F/A-22, redistribute its engine heat all over its skin to reduce its infared signal, and will feature some mission adaptive spots on the plane so it can start out with a bulge to hold more fuel in take off but will go to flush when it needs togo stealthy.

Go tho Aviation weeks website and search for fb-22 and find it for your self if you dont believe me.

If this is unclassified, how far have we come with mission adaptive skins in the black world

Working to reduce visibility in the infrared spectrum and working to make an aircraft invisible in the visible light spectrum are not the same thing; and I'm surprised that you think that they are. I know what the FB-22 is.

What was being talked about before was something similar to what was used in James Bond. Someone correctly stated that this would have to be achieved at the nanoscale, such tech is still in the lab stages. Meaning that we are talking decades before deployment, if at all it can be done.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
the thing that i'm worried about is that since the electrochromic panels are the most feasble idea, that will cover the RAM and paint coatings, won' this make the F-22 give off a larger RCS? Intelgurl, u're really smart, so please answer this

thanx

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kwikblade
Working to reduce visibility in the infrared spectrum and working to make an aircraft invisible in the visible light spectrum are not the same thing; and I'm surprised that you think that they are. I know what the FB-22 is.

What was being talked about before was something similar to what was used in James Bond. Someone correctly stated that this would have to be achieved at the nanoscale, such tech is still in the lab stages. Meaning that we are talking decades before deployment, if at all it can be done.

The technology being discussed for the proposed FB-22 was indeed stealth in the visible light spectrum. The article in question is for subscribers only, but it made it quite clear that this was visual stealth, not IR low observability which is one of the 5 essential elements of stealth design anyway.

As the Lockheed officials termed it in the article, "...changing aircraft skin colors for visual daytime stealth."
This process is accomplished with electrochromatic panels, it is not imagery projection to create the illusion of invisibility but rather hue and luminance sensing and matching - which does not require nanotech...

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
hey intelgurl, do u think adding the electrochromic panels above the RAM and coat apintings will reduce the stealthiness of the design? and increase the IR signature because u're charging the panel with electricity, wouldn't that alone give off a high RCS?

hope i'm not overloading u, but one last question, do u think that the two Crey supercomputers inside the F-22 will be able to match the surroundings of the area by analyzing the density and luminosity every nano-second?

i'm not really familiar with how powerful the F-22's avionics suite really is

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join