It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft Cloaking Technology

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Murcielago covered what I was going to say except that I will point out that if the engine were to exhaust out of the bottom of the fuselage it would be a nice christmas present to SAM operators.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
the rotors are relatively thick on the RAH-66, does that reduce the RCS?

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dima
the rotors are relatively thick on the RAH-66, does that reduce the RCS?

Maybe they were made from radar transparent materials.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Murcielago covered what I was going to say except that I will point out that if the engine were to exhaust out of the bottom of the fuselage it would be a nice christmas present to SAM operators.

Remember what technology the F-117 has with the tail being 'heat reduced' ? I am pretty sure that if you have an aircraft that is able to be transparent to the human eye and silent as the wind, im pretty sure that they would insure the technology behind hiding the heat signature most jets give off.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
www.nuforc.org...

National UFO Reporting Center Sighting Report
Occurred : 2/1/2005 03:10 (Entered as : 02/01/2005 03:10)
Reported: 2/24/2005 8:26:44 PM 20:26
Posted: 4/16/2005
Shape: Formation
Duration:15 seconds
Invisible craft hovered, disturbing bushes and grass, annd then left.

This is really hard to explain. I was actually on an alarm call (I am a police officer) in a large industrial area.

I heard what sounded like the noise (wind, exhaust, but not an engine) of an aircraft. Not alarmed at first because there is an airport a couple of miles away. But I turned around to see that the noise was right over me, and though I could not see a "ship" or "craft" I could tell that something was distorting the view of the sky. Kind of like a cloaking or camoflauge of some type. I also observed it to hover low, less than 100 ft, and appear (based on the noise and movement of the grass and bushes) to circle the building I was at.

This building was an abandoned telephone office complex that is close to a Lockheed Martin facility. As far as I know, this place only builds aircraft metal parts such as cowlings for the B52 bomber and other pieces. The adress of the building I was at is 1222 MCI Drive, the old MCI building that has been vacant for several years.

I don't know what else to say, other than you could not see the object, but I KNEW it was flying and hovering and could tell when it departed. It went due south and out of the area.

When I went back to my police cruiser, the engine was dead. I always leave it running, as it was chilly on this night. I also had to restart my MDC (Mobile Data Computer) as it had shut down. It would not work the rest of the shift and had to be turned in for repairs. I have not heard what was wrong with it, but I DID NOT tell anyone about the incident.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
How often do you see a roadrunner? Those suckers are fast! Now, imagine one with a foghorn on constant press. Now, I'm no rocket scientist, and I may be asking for a hail of gunfire here, but what the hell is the tactical advantage to visible stealth for modern jets anyway? I mean, lets say you can turn an F-22 invisible to the naked eye. You could still track the danged thing on radar. And lets say you could make it invisible to radar to boot, your still gonna hear it comming!

Visual stealth would only be useful in a tactical situation if you have already designed an aircraft:

1: capable of extraordinarily fast speeds for deployment purposes, but also capable of maintaining a stationary position in the air (i.e. hovering).

2: capable of radar stealth.

3: capable of near to complete silence while in operation.

4: capable of IR and EM cloak.

5: capable of cloaking jet stream emissions (which I understand has been done with some craft)

Basicaly, equiping a high-speed attack jet with visual cloak is almost a complete waste of time. The most of what it will accomplish is keeping the pilots from finding it before take-off!
Remember how ridiculous Wonder Woman's invisible jet was?

It seems like visual stealth in the case of attack jets is borderline retarded, kind of like spending millions of dollars on racing stripes for a car that has a crappy coat of paint to begin with. I'm not saying I don't believe we are experimenting on this technology, because we are, and it has numerous military applications for land-based and infantry units. But jets...so what if the paint looks sky blue or cloud camo...you're still going to see it and hear it comming.

Now an attack helicopter on the other hand...

~imovestars

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Hmm, this sounds similar to reports of an Unidentified Aircraft that was being tested near Antelope Valley CA. This aircraft also have some kind of advanced cloaking technology on it. One minute the aircraft was easy to see, the next minute the aircraft litterly faided away into thin air. This aircraft that I have a report on also demonstrated other unusual capabilities, such as going slow flight (less than .5 kts.), and complete silence, and hovering. One eye witness reported that giant flying wing fallowed him for almost 2 miles, as he went for a very early morning run (Between 2:30 and 3:00 A.M.) before going to work around 4:00 that morning! the limited data I have on this craft suggest that it may be a new type of ultra-stealthy spy plane that can be used to visually track small targets (such as individual terrorist leaders, without being seen or heard!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

The color of a given surface changes in such a way it can match the terrain below it. Looking from above, the surface appears to match the terrain. Fly over forest, and the surface takes on a green like hue. A cloudy day, add clouds to match what sensors see underneath and the aircraft becomes a chameleon and disappears.

This may sound like Science Fiction, but then think of the LCD display of notebooks and it may not seem so far fetched all of a sudden. Recent breakthroughs in chemical polymer technology have made it possible to create polymer (plastic) color displays. In other words, mold the polymer in any shape you like and with the additional control electronics you can make it virtually invisible from any point of view.

This is not a new idea, in fact several military fiction writers have already come up with the idea, in one particular instance having the aircraft continually modifying top and bottom like a magician's mirror box making the aircraft totally invisible.

More technologies are currently under development and will be closely monitored to be found here. But likewise the F-117, we may not hear about that until the first smart-bomb coming out of nowhere has made a successful hit!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
You have been here long enough to know that you need to cite your sources, StealthSpy. As such, please make an attempt in the future to credit the sources you use by posting a working link to them.

The future of Stealth

seekerof

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
You have been here long enough to know that you need to cite your sources, StealthSpy. As such, please make an attempt in the future to credit the sources you use by posting a working link to them.

The future of Stealth

Alright, my mistake .

I usually quote my sources, but just forgot this time

I think it was pretty harsh on your part for fining me 50 points for such minor thing. Look i've alredy been warned and been docked 250 points for that.
ATS points are of no use but still this by far must be my worst ATS session.

I know ATS is a conspiracy discussion website, but now all the mods seem to be plotting a conspiracy on me

[edit on 13-5-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Heed the Terms and Conditions of this site, Stealth Spy and you won;t have to worry about your self-alleged mod conspiracy theory.

A topic thread was shutdown today because you and others failed to discuss and opted to do what all of you know is not warrented or allowed within ATS. Notice has been made by a number of us "mods" and because you and others can't seem to play right, we have to babysit you all a bit more.

seekerof

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Will someone give me the list of the powers posessed by Mods, and "Super" Mods on ATS ?

IMO Mods should be elected by ATS members. Members with a certain number of points should be declared eligible of contest for the same.

Currently some mods are doing more harm than good by restricting free discussion and incessantly irking members.

Some mods(names not mentioned) are assuming arbitary powers and misusing the same to execute their vile intentions. These mods are persuing their insane propoganda's against members they are prejudiced towards.

IMO it should be possible for members to impeach moderators by voting for/against the same.

The Admin, simongray must ensure that posts by all mods are devoid of prejudice, propoganda and patriotism. It should be mandatory for mods to be prudent and consistant in their actions towards all members.

NOTE : This post is not intended at anyone specifically.

I can bet that some "vile" mod will pull me up for this post with a flimsy reason and warn and fine me(hopefully not a ban), but i don t really care about it as there's no use of ATS points.

[edit on 15-5-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy
Currently some mods are doing more harm than good by restricting free discussion and incessantly irking members.

Stealth Spy if you are having issues with a staff member simply submit a complaint/suggestion. This way all staff members will have the opportunity to review your comments.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
If you have question oh member Stealth Spy, my best and humble advice to you would be to file a complaint/gripe for staff review.

Thank you.

BTW, another thread was shutdown last night/early a.m. that involved you and chinawhite. Interesting, no?

Again, please and by all means, if you, or others, feel that your being 'targeted', file a complaint/gripe for staff review.

seekerof

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Complaint....naah....that'd be too childish.

Nothing serious, really.

No fine/warnings......surprising.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by creamsoda

Hey, new guy here. First post. Created account because I had same experience. I was in Oklahoma, 20-miles from Tinker AFBase and was camping in the open. About midnight, Spring, around 2004, I heard jets... not unusual but then heard a total of three. As i was watching for them I saw movement above me, it looked like that thing Arnold saw in that Predator movie (SP?) It wasn't round, more square or with wings. The stars rippled as it passed and the other aircraft could have been masking it's sound. It was fairly low, think holding your thumb out arm length.

Also, my brother worked at Tinker from the early 70's and told me about chemtrails back then.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
If you had an "invisible" aircraft, aside from something say that flew "low&slow" and without any noise, what would be the benefit?, I mean, aircraft used for surviellance or attack or air superiority usually perform at such high speeds and energies that they have to be acquired, tracked and targeted by some form of automated systems using radar. Even if the platform were opticaly invisible, what;s the benefit?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmosKid

Front Range Colorado person;

It's called the Military Industrial Complex. It needs no reason except sending a Senator to a resort, some booze, and a call-girl. Then you get the contract.

It's cool technology.

Check out: www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

type the lat lon into google and you can still see this. Notice the edges of the fusalage (SP) and how I think it works is a translucant magnification of light, fiber optics at it's best.

Look outside on Saturday and tell me what the morning sky shows you with regard to contrails.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by zipcode80013

Looked at the link. Looks like a B 757, it's from google earth, so I really can't attribute the unusual optical characteristics displayed. to anything more than digitasl artifacts from a system whic hreally ty isn't designed to
track moving objects above the earth, like TEAL EMERALD.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Visual stealth cannot be achived by taking a literal picture of the background and then displaying it on the top of the aircraft, for one very simple reason. The background is different depending on which angle you are seing it from. In order to project the right image, the projecting object must know where the observer is, and what if there are 2 or more observers?

The most plausible visual stealth I have seen mentioned, was a uk project in the 60's, looking into stealth for armoured vehicles. The conclusion after research, development and trials was that simply matching the the light intensity of a background was enough to make a tank invisible until very close using eyesight, but would be detectable using binoculars. There were a multitude of problems though, as lights pointing in one direction could light up other areas, moving vehicles needing different lighting etc. It wasn't deemed practical.
edit on 5-4-2011 by aaa2500 because: spelling corrected

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join