It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Silence the Third Party

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

Badger, man, I understand your point. I do,and maybe it will happen,but I don't know if a disillusioned, rather large segment, approximately 48 percent, of the population will ever buy into the system as it currently exists. I just don't know if it will ever happen.

edit on 30-10-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Keep saying it all you want. It didn't make sense the first time and it will never make sense. Those who do not vote are doing exactly what the politicians want you are puppets and that is all. They don't even try to lie to you anymore because you are beaten. It is like you do not even exist you have given in. Go ahead and sit it out and let those like myself make all the decisions just don't complain to me if you don't like the results you gave up any credibility when you left the decision to me.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Yeah, I know,
but they're not dead yet.
If we all give up on them then they won't learn anything.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

Well, there's always the hope there will be some grassroots movement by the independently minded, but I don't know. Independently minded people tend to be anti status quo and not very participative in the foibles of society. Let's face it, the current elections system is assuredly a foible of current society.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
We need an entire political reform. Here in Pennsylvania, 2,000 votes puts a Rep or Dem on the ballot. It takes 16,000 votes for a third party candidate to be put on. Seriously, WTF? No wonder nothing ever changes for the better.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: amtracer

Precisely!! Hell, in 2012, they even arrested third party candidates!! WTF!!??

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I don't think it would be good to vote a third party. Maybe after 20-30 years it might start to make things better but until then it will be very difficult. Lets say a third party wins against the wishes of the power establishment. Corporations are going to execute mass layoffs, the banks are going to raise interest rates and the media is going to blame it all the long awaited third party. It happened here in B.C, Canada. The NDP was a third party and finally got the province. For their entire term B.C was a ghost town. There was not a delivery truck on the road or a crane in the sky until the NDP were finally replace and quite easily since nobody wanted to go through 4 more years of that.

We always blame our politicians but they are only facilitating the real monsters and that is the media, banks and large corporations. They decide who wins and if they don't get their way they make life as difficult as possible so that next time people vote in their favor.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Well, then voting really is a bunch of bull# if that's the case. Of course, I already think it is, so no big surprise to me. Voting isn't going to accomplish anything. Nothing whatsoever. Certainly not when it comes to the federal government. Locally? Maybe and I even have my doubts about that quite frankly.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join