It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Pill Would Search Inside Your Body for Signs of Cancer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
www.wired.com...

Google is attempting to develop a pill that would send microscopic particles into the bloodstream in an effort to identify cancers, imminent heart attacks, and other diseases.

Andrew Conrad, the head of life sciences inside the company’s Google X research lab, revealed the project on Tuesday morning at a conference here in Southern California. According to Conrad, the company is fashioning nanoparticles—particles about one billionth of a meter in width—that combine a magnetic material with antibodies or proteins that can attach to and detect other molecules inside the body. The idea is that patients will swallow a pill that contains these particles, and after they enter the bloodstream—attempting to identify molecules that would indicate certain health problems—a wearable device could use their magnetic cores to gather them back together and read what they’ve found.

Known as the “Nanoparticle Platform,” the project is part of a wider effort inside Google to develop new technologies capable of improving healthcare. “Google X’s job is to take on big problems, to try to find clever solutions to big problems, and one of the problems we decided to tackle was healthcare,” Conrad said. “The way in which we envision doing this is inverting the paradigm in medicine—which is currently reactive and episodic—to a new paradigm that is proactive and cumulative.” As Conrad put it, this involves building “gizmos” that can monitor your health in new ways.

This is a fascinating development and possibly a game changer. I wonder if they plan on using this same technology to perhaps target and kill cancer in the future.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Vdogg

Somehow I suspect said pill would do more than search for Cancer.

This is a possible mark of the beast scenario if ever there was one.

edit on 29-10-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
and track you're every move F#'£ off google

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

What's the bet the pill is blue in colour?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Many people have an ingrained pathological fear of technological advancements, instantly labeling such technology as the 'mark of the beast!" as has already been posted before me.

That's sad because I feel that this way of thinking might hold humanity back from reaching it's fullest potential.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Many people have an ingrained pathological fear of technological advancements, instantly labeling such technology as the 'mark of the beast!" as has already been posted before me.

That's sad because I feel that this way of thinking might hold humanity back from reaching it's fullest potential.

"Might"?! We're still about a thousand years behind because of the dark ages that sort of thinking brought us.

I totally agree with you but I think the momentum is too great this time. Human advancement has way more momentum this go-around.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I dont tend to trust anything that comes from google, microsoft or apple

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

I never understood this kind of thinking either. All technology can be used for bad purposes. A hammer is a very useful tool, but hit someone over the head with it and well... I think that the benefits of preemptive cancer detection and treatment far outweigh any possible issues that may arise from surveillance, etc. This will of course need to be regulated but other than that this type of research has my full support.
edit on 29-10-2014 by Vdogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Let's find the source of the problem which is cancer, we don't want to treat or manage. We want to prevent, avoid.

That is ADVANCEMENT.

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR sure Google will data mine your whole body if it can. People will swallow the pill and love it!

I can already tell who on ATS. Don't worry if something goes wrong they will never tell you and it will be the cancers fault.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I have an ingrained pathological fear that multinational corporation's such as Google seldom have humanity's best interests at heart. Now profit and control, that's another matter all together.

Think of the Metadata these so-called pills could generate regarding possibly billions of people? This kind of technology taken to it's logical conclusion only equals control.
edit on 29-10-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

probably send advertisements to your liver

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
If Earth was my body, Google would certainly be a cancer.

Go back to making search engines please.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

Keeping with the theme of your analogy, the cancer in Earth is the collective of people who destroy it for personal gain. Google on Earth works very much like the Google pill will work in the body; it simply documents the cancer, both on Earth and in your body.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Believe it or not ...I read about this back in 1989!

Although obviously not Google it was a piece in "Computer Shopper"
about the nano bots repairing cells in the body.

Making humans living to 500 +

I'm not surprised about this.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Keeping with the theme of your analogy, the cancer in Earth is the collective of people who destroy it for personal gain. Google on Earth works very much like the Google pill will work in the body; it simply documents the cancer, both on Earth and in your body.

Will the results of my body search incarcerate me inasmuch as a real world Google search might?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Will the results of my body search incarcerate me inasmuch as a real world Google search might?

If a Google search is enough to incarcerate you, that is not Google's fault. It doesn't provide the information that would incarcerate you; only you can produce that.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yeah right...

Is that Agenda 21 I smell?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

If a Google search is enough to incarcerate you, that is not Google's fault. It doesn't provide the information that would incarcerate you; only you can produce that.

That may be true on the surface. But the search history of a user can labeled as evidence. If evidence can convict an individual, then a hung jury can certainly be swayed with the content of a Google search, even if the user never had clicked on any links after viewing the results of the search.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I already believe there is multiple cures for different cancers but theyre clearly not brought too light because big pharma & corporations would lose money and cancer is a $$$$$ maker, like this for instance, they will make ALOT of money off this, if there was a cure for cancer there would be no market for this kind of thing we would already have the cures for various types and ther pill would be no use too us.. But Cancer and Disease make money at the end of the day so they stick with that.

Advances in technology are great i embrace them its when its used to manipulate people that i don't like.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

That may be true on the surface. But the search history of a user can labeled as evidence. If evidence can convict an individual, then a hung jury can certainly be swayed with the content of a Google search, even if the user never had clicked on any links after viewing the results of the search.

I know we are getting close to drifting off-topic but I wanted to respond to this. It sounds like your complaint is that there are, in society, more reliable witnesses available. Google is simply a collection of data provided by others. A hub. A hub that could sway a "hung jury" to convict a cop that just shot an unarmed person or to get angry about Wallstreet bailouts or to organize the righting of injustices.

It's a collection of data, nothing more. If faced with a choice between enlightenment that came with transparent societies versus ignorance that came with anonymity... I think society will pick enlightenment.

We can't have both. My desire to know is stronger than my desire to hide.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join