It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Candida Diet

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom
add 6-8 drops to a tablespoon of coconut oil and rub the skin or nails. Do not ingest Tea Tree Oil

Tea tree oil
Oil of oregano
Neem oil
Peppermint oil
Rosemary oil
Clove oil

Garlic and apple cider vinegar are also very effective.

Although you will find many sites advising the use of corn starch for athlete's foot or other fungal infections of the skin, DO NOT DO THIS! Corn starch will feed the fungus and make it worse.

To treat systemic fungal infections, you can use many herbs and supplements in a variety of forms including essential oils, teas, tonics, and in some cases, gelcaps.

Garlic
Apple cider vinegar
Aloe Vera
Clove Oil
Coconut oil
Tea tree oil
Oil of oregano
Olive Extracts
Undecylenic Acid
Grapefruit seed extract
Diatomaceous Earth
Probiotics
Black walnut
Pau D'Arco
Wormwood
Barberry
Goldenseal
Coptis Chinensis

Black walnut, Pau D'Arco, and wormwood should not be used when pregnant or lactating.

Coptis Chinensis, Barberry, and Goldenseal are not to be used when pregnant, and limit use to 7 days for adults--3 days for children (followed by 3 days off).

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I so misread the title of this thread. I thought it said the 'Canada diet' and I'm thinking, 'what the hell is that, Molson, bacon and maple syrup'?

You forgot poutine.

On topic...
I have had a nasty rash in my belly b for a few months now. At first I thought it was just dry skin so I stopped showering as frequently, but I think that may have exacerbated things. I tried looking up Candida. I might just buy some cream and give that a go.

edit on 10/29/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: MOD NOTE: YOU Are Responsible For Your Posts

(post by HUMBLEONE removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Seriously?
Jerk.

So, you are willing to make someone else feel like crap just to help your sanity? Maybe you already lost it. By the way I'm a happily married woman to a bad ass husband. We will actually celebrate our ten year anniversary as soon as we are done with this. Learn to read.
edit on 29-10-2014 by woodsmom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Wtf?

My son has a damn infection in his belly. We are trying to cure it with a combo of meds and diet.

ETA, sorry I read the post below yours first and was a bit touchy. But really?

edit on 29-10-2014 by woodsmom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

I appreciate the herb list! I will have fun researching those tonight when kids are in bed!
I love tea tree oil, I make a salve with that, calendula, vitamin e and some other goodies. It clears up anything the boys come up with pretty quick topically.

We are fighting a belly infection in my son. He's had a very resistant yeast take over his gut flora. The lab tested it against nine meds and only one will clear it. That med also needs the diet to help starve the yeast at the same time. In its weakened state, it will be killed off easier.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Walnuts lightly fried make a VERY tasty snack...if he'd be allowed nuts.

I personaly don't eat meat but certainly eat fish-Mackerel has lots of lovely,healthy calories,which he'll need.

Low carb means low concentration and fatigue until the body adapts...it may take a few weeks.

All the best!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

Those sound wonderful! Thank you, the little things will make a huge difference!

Thank you too for the reminder of the extra fatigue, it's already a problem for him. Something to keep in mind too when we all start feeling icky.

Fish is wonderful! Luckily both of my sons will eat as much as I give them. I actually have a deep freeze full of red salmon fillets we caught ourself over the summer, supplemented with some halibut that we also caught. It will be more important this year than ever.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE
It's not about gyno conditions!!
It's about an infection my son has in his stomach. My husband is not overly macho, just a great husband. It's rude how you come in here and tell me to not be a slut.

I only posted this to get some community support. I'm having a stressful time trying to heal my son, and then someone comes in and personally attacks me? I'm testy because I don't need insults, I need help, someone to talk to. You're still a jerk.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Have you tried organic QUINOA? Do the research, its a seed like grain. It's naturally pest resistant, which is one the reasons it has never been commercially encouraged. It has many of the fundamental amino acids we all need. It is also alkaline-forming, the majority of present day health problems is due to the acidic nature of the 'dead processed' foods we ingest.

Apple cider vinegar,(BRAGG organic) we think its acidic which it technically is yet throughout modern human evolution, vinegar was consumed which helped our stomachs and kidneys break down animal fats, ditch the antacid and take a shot glass of apple cider vinegar instead, much more effective and healthier for your stomach.

The other very important action to take which I noticed hasn't been mention is exercise. Walking at least 6000 steps a day plus non strenuous sit ups (legs raised and resting on a stool, raising and lowering the upper body only a couple of inches off the ground, 20 times a day). This helps the stomach to re-adjust and re-size itself triggering normal metabolic functioning and less intense food cravings.

The trick is to not eat or ingest any sugary substances, this includes fruit for a 'minimum' of half an hour after a walk, this triggers your body to actually use the stored fat in your body, which again triggers 'normal' metabolic functioning.

The last advice is for you and your husband to chew some food for your child and then get them to eat it. This in our modern world may appear to some as grotesque yet it is how all animals that chew their food transfer enzymes to the next generation(well some eat there parents poo, but I don't suggest that). Modern food processors have replaced this action for humans resulting in the many unnecessary immunological diseases due to children not receiving the gut enzymes they need from their parents to achieve a functional metabolic system.

Do some research in what is in human saliva and how critical it is to our own digestion and then you may understand the suggestion.

Good luck, your children are lucky to have parents who care to question and research alternatives.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
SALIVA
Saliva dissolves some of the chewed food and acts as a lubricant, facilitating passage through the subsequent portions of the digestive tract. Saliva also contains a starch-digesting enzyme called amylase (ptyalin), which initiates the process of enzymatic hydrolysis; it splits starch (a polysaccharide containing many sugar molecules bound in a continuous chain) into molecules of the double sugar maltose

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ericthedoubter
Low carb means low concentration and fatigue until the body adapts...it may take a few weeks.

I've never found that to be true, at all.
Lowering or eliminating carbs always gets rid of sluggishness for me....and more energy was a common plus on low carb forums I have visited.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: subtopia

I have, we use several quinoa products actually, and I buy my Bragg's by the gallon.

Thanks for reminding me though, I will need to go get some straight quinoa. That may help us to eliminate some of the whole grains, thereby helping to starve the yeast faster! You are awesome! I also have chia seeds, and hemp protein powder, both of which will help with the nutrients and calories while we are doing this.

I will keep that in mind about the saliva. It makes sense. It might be fun just to gross him out, and small paybacks for the constant fart jokes I have to endure. And thank you, we really should have figured it out sooner. I'm only grateful that we have found an excellent naturopath.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

You give me hope! I felt better once we went completely gluten free, but I also have celiac disease. My energy levels have done nothing but improve over this last year. I should ask my doc if he can take some of the same herbs that I do for just that. I have come to love my Eleuthero root.

Some more food for thought, and another page started in the notebook. Thank you all for bouncing ideas around!! It's helping to make some sense of the overload.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
You might check out some ketogenic diet recipes.
It looks like your restrictions may be similar to some of the Ketogenic diet restrictions.

If you are concerned about nutrition while on a restricted diet you might check out moringa.

edit on 29-10-2014 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Caprylic Acid (from coconut oil) combined with probiotics works wonders for my tummy troubles. Caprylic acid kills candida Caprylic acid

I had read somewhere that candida can actually chemically stimulate sweet cravings, and satisfying those sweet cravings just further the candida growth. It's telling your body to crave what it wants to eat, basically. I was having constant sugar and carb cravings, followed by lots bloat and discomfort. Since I started taking caprylic acid before each meal, my sweet cravings are practically gone and tummy troubles much improved. When I ran out a couple of weeks ago I just stopped taking it - lazy about getting more - and after about a week symptoms started returning. So it really does seem to help. Now I'm stocked up again on caprylic acid.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

That's a great idea. Thank you!

a reply to: eeyipes

I will have to see if I can get that from my doc. Thank you!
I always used to hate coconut as a kid. Now in this last year it has come to be a staple in our home in a few different forms, coconut oil being one of the most used. It is a good fat for him too.
edit on 29-10-2014 by woodsmom because: Added another reply

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I just get mine at Vitamin Cottage ... it's not prescription.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: eeyipes

My doc is a naturopath and carries a good number of high quality herbal supplements. I sourced some of my herbs cheaper than he can offer, but some are so obviously better quality from him that it's worth it. I have given up on the traditional medical establishment already. They had years to figure out these issues, and it took our naturopath one appointment each for my son and I to make a difference in our health.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join