It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Candida Diet

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
My son has been diagnosed with a severe yeast infection in his belly. In order to clear this infection we will be following the candida diet to help his medicine work. So basically we will be starving the yeast at the same time the meds are killing it off. We will be following the diet as a family. It needs to go on for two months, and we decided that was just unfair to him over the holidays if we ate normally in front of him.

This is about the most restrictive diet that I have ever come across. We are basically limited to meat, veggies and olive oil freely. My son has also been given the freedom of whole grains so he doesn't lose any weight. Coconut is a safe food as well as nuts. My dilemma is coming up with two months of menus. It's basically winter here now and my gardens are done for, so produce will be expensive.

We start on Monday, and my shopping list is getting large fast. So far I have figured out how to make gyros to fit the guidelines, but that's about it. Salads, shish kabobs, and roasted meats will be our basic staples. I need to come up with three meals a day for two months, and two major holidays, and I have two already picky boys to feed.

I put this out there to ATS, does anyone have previous experience with this diet? Or maybe some good recipes to fit it? I will add in any recipes that I can come up with that are actually good. Here's a couple of links I have found so far.

www.mindbodygreen.com...

elanaspantry.com...

Here are the recipes that I have come across to make the gyros, enjoy!

Tzatziki dip

Homemade gyro
meat

Coconut flatbread

I don't think baking soda or baking powder are allowed in this diet, so I think I'm going to try sparkling water to add in some lift to the flatbreads, luckily they don't need much lift. I have not tried this yet either, it will be dinner on Monday.

Thanks ATS, I needed to throw this out there. Short of my husband, I can't even find anyone to talk to about any of this. If anyone has been contemplating this, maybe we can even support each other through it. Thanks again, and wish us luck!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Check out low carb recipes. No need to feel deprived and the added bonus is that you'll loose weight ( not saying you need to lol) you'll lower cholesterol (again not saying you need to) . Emptying the cells of excess sugar improves health all around. You'll have to eliminate cheese too unfortunatly. Suzanne Sommers has some great sugar free dessert recipes that kids will love. a reply to: woodsmom

edit on PM0000003100000010104436312014-10-29T12:36:53-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Grains are converted to sugar, which feeds yeast. Those are one of the last things you'd want him eating right now. Coconut/coconut oil, diatomaceous earth, both can help fight candida.

Look it up

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Meat huh? May I offer a lighthearted response?

Monday: Bacon
Tuesday: Bacon
Wednesday: Bacon
Thursday: Bacon
Friday: Bacon
Saturday: Bacon
Sunday: Bacon

Seriously, though, I am going to follow this thread as I have digestion issues also.

edit on 29-10-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Losing a few pounds is always a bonus.
That's another reason why we thought we would go all in together and become healthier as a family, a kind of gift to us all. Luckily, we are still allowed hard cheeses like cheddar and Swiss, but only once in awhile. I will have to juggle the occasionals, like butter, cheese and whole milk. I'm grateful that our doc gave us the ok on whole grains because that gives us back an easy breakfast.

Thanks for the tip about Suzanne Sommers.
edit on 29-10-2014 by woodsmom because: Clarification

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I am on a similar diet to the one you are describing. My daily meals are as follows:

Breakfast

Scrambled eggs (2) in extra virgin olive oil with Cumin seeds to flavor
100g almonds
A handful of sesame and sunflower seeds
Black coffee

Lunch

Salad consisting of spinach, watercress, cherry tomatoes, red pepper and extra virgin olive oil
A tin of Sardines in spring water or brine (100g)
Black coffee

Dinner

A fillet of oven cooked Rainbow Trout or Salmon served with garden peas and a raw carrot
Green tea

Supper

100g almonds
Chai, nettle or peppermint tea

I've been on it for several months and feel great! Prior to that I was following a Paleo diet of sorts. Best of luck with it! If you have any questions feel free to ask me

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I so misread the title of this thread. I thought it said the 'Canada diet' and I'm thinking, 'what the hell is that, Molson, bacon and maple syrup'?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
You could go with stir frys - not over rice and soups/stews minus the starch elements. Cutting carbs is hard but doable. Best of luck and I hope your son gets better soon.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I so misread the title of this thread. I thought it said the 'Canada diet' and I'm thinking, 'what the hell is that, Molson, bacon and maple syrup'?

I like this diet, I might try it.

link   
a reply to: Hushabye

I know, no starches whatsoever typically. My son is already underweight though, and some whole grains are just going to be needed. I've been reading until my eyes cross. We are also under direct supervision of our doc, I'm guessing that the meds will be strong enough to still kill the weakened yeast, which is actually tougher than candida. Luckily, we are also already a gluten free family, so much of my flour is actually coconut and almond.

ETA thanks for the tip on the diatomaceous earth, I've used it as a gardener, never for a people supplement though.
edit on 29-10-2014 by woodsmom because: Thanks

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

We also have to give up anything processed at all, but, we just picked up a meat slicer to slice up some fresh pork butt. We are just going to pretend its full on bacon. That was the first thing we found a way around, haha!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Fazza!

Thank you!!!
The support is an invaluable offer!! You make it look so simple.
It's also nice to hear someone say that it's working.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hahaha! I wish! It's been almost a year now since I have been able to have a real beer, and now they are taking my bacon and maple syrup away. Life's just not fair sometimes. Haha!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
When I have stomach troubles I eat Kimchee as it is a great source of probiotics, I did a search and probiotics are recommended for candidia.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LevelHeaded

Stir fries are actually on my list too, I just forgot to list them. Thanks! They are so nice, and versatile.
Soups will be big too, it's an easy thing to prep and simmer most of the day. Of course this is the year that I didn't make broth. Looks like I might be pulling the canning stuff back out.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

I was hoping for such things, but anything processed, pickled, fermented etc is off limits. At least I know I won't run out of my pickles and relishes before I can make more next summer. We are lucky to have access to some raw milk, and he actually has been given a probiotic to take for the next three months.

Slightly off topic, I used to live next to a Vietnamese lady, and man the whole neighborhood knew when she dug that stuff up. It was excellent, but noxious when first unearthed.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

I wish you and your family lots of luck and patience.
Think how good you'll all feel by year's end with all the sugar out of your systems!!!

It is a severe diet... a friend of mine had leaky gut and this diet was the only think that got rid of it.
If I come across any old locarb diets.....I'll be sure to share.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Thank you! Anything is worth it to get him better! Patience some days is the harder part. Some days I wonder if I have taken on too much, then I step back and realize that stressful or not, I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm rather lucky that I homeschool them so I can make sure we do this right the first time.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

Make sure you use the food grade DE if you try it with your son. The stuff you use in your garden will hurt us. The food grade has the consistency of flour.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

Oh yes! I actually had that conversation recently with a friend about using it on her horses. I didn't even know they made it food grade until then. Thank you for the clarification for everyone!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join