It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer for Fort Kent nurse says she "WON'T" abide by quarantine

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Kaci Hickox, Nurse in Ebola Quarantine Standoff, Goes for a Broom Ride

Happy Halloween!
edit on 10/31/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

That must be her way of saying Trick or Treat! heheheee

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Yeah she probably vomited on the candy right? Ugh ignorance in cartoon form. I'd go trick or treat ther or even make out with her if I wasn't far from Maine and gay. She does not have Ebola......
edit on 31-10-2014 by tavi45 because: auto correct mistake

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

................She does not have Ebola......

That you know of. I hope she does not. It would be best for her to remain in quarantine for a few weeks longer to be sure.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Yeah she probably vomited on the candy right? Ugh ignorance in cartoon form. I'd go trick or treat ther or even make out with her if I wasn't far from Maine and gay. She does not have Ebola......

Well, according to the CDC we will know whether she does or does not have it by Nov 10.

According to others that might be more like Dec 3.

Maybe it's your own ignorance you should be concerned with, k?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

As long as we're doing cartoons...

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

So does this imply we can only worry about one thing at a time?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

So does this imply we can only worry about one thing at a time?

No it implies that we don't appear to be worried much at all about things that are killing thousands and thousands of Americans right now, but look, there's 50 threads on this site alone freaking out about one death of ebola in the U.S.
Plus, it implies that we just don't want to deal with the best way to reduce gun deaths, because that might infringe on "my damn right to bear arms!"

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Why wouldn't we worry about it? It's what's in the news. It's what's on peoples' minds. Our minds have priorities and get influenced by outside forces, sure. But worrying about this does in no way mean that we aren't also worried about other things as well. It's disingenuous, in my opinion, to attempt to use this as some sort of debate point or argument in a thread on a topic about a particular thing.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

You can't say 'she doesn't have Ebola' until AFTER the quarantine period is finished. As for you saying you'd go make out with her, that would be your choice. Do you enjoy chasing the bug? People taking thrill risks with their life is what REALLY is ignorant, but whatever floats your boat.
edit on 31-10-2014 by Jainine because: spelling

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

You know she is not sick, her test will come back negative, she is a PR for the CDC to challenge states travel new guidelines.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45
Really more info than we need to know...just saying.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

You know she is not sick, her test will come back negative, she is a PR for the CDC to challenge states travel new guidelines.

She had 2 tests that have come back negative. She does not have Ebola.

I am with kaylaluv on this. Why not have a mandatory 21 day quarantine for anyone buying a gun, just to make sure they do not kill anyone. After all Gun shots have a 33% fatality rate:

In 2010, guns took the lives of 31,076 Americans in homicides, suicides and unintentional shootings. This is the equivalent of more than 85 deaths each day and more than three deaths each hour.1 73,505 Americans were treated in hospital emergency departments for non-fatal gunshot wounds in 2010.2

Statistics on Gun Deaths & Injuries

Where does this insanity end? Before the Ebola hysteria most posts here were about infringement on rights and how the government is evil. Now we have this Ebola hysteria, 1 death and 2 nurse that have caught and cured it, and we want house arrest?

Ebola Quarantine is not about saving lives it is about quelling your irrational fears.
Ebola and Quarantine

e should be honoring, not quarantining, health care workers who put their lives at risk not only to save people suffering from Ebola virus disease in West Africa but also to help achieve source control, bringing the world closer to stopping the spread of this killer epidemic.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45
FWIW, I don't think she has Ebola, either.
However, she has become an overnight public figure, one that has ignited controversy. Parodies are gonna happen as comic writers and cartoonists make us laugh, frown, or think. These cartoons work on several levels, including social commentary, as they show both sides of the issue, imho.
Cheers

edit on 31-10-2014 by drwill because: need more coffee

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Court orders movement restrictions on Maine nurse over Ebola fears

A District Court judge in Maine has authorized an order restricting the movements of a nurse who recently returned to the area from West Africa over fears that she might spread the deadly Ebola virus.

In response to a request filed earlier this week by state officials, District Court Chief Judge Charles LaVerdiere wrote that the nurse, Kaci Hickox, must stay at least three feet away from all other persons effective Friday, as well as adhere to a half-dozen other restrictions pending further instruction expected to come in the next 10 days.

RT

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: blargo

As we as said earlier by many people, a person isn't 'ebola free' until after the 21 day quarantine period. Having a test on day 5 or 10 come up negative means nothing. The Ebola can develop later and only show up in a blood test when that happens.

If having a blood test come up negative the first week was all that was needed to be considered 'ebola free' then there would be no need of any quarantine period. Obviously there is a need.

We can not say she has or hasn't got Ebola until the 21 day incubation period is over.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Jainine
I agree. And I don't think she has Ebola, either. Her confident statements make me feel confident that she isn't infected. If I walked into the local pizza parlor and saw her, I'd be fine. I'd stay. I'd Trick or Treat at her house and eat the candy. However, I wouldn't invite her to my Halloween party because I try to stay away from litigious people, if possible. We all have opinions. Based on her actions and statements, I formed an opinion. And my opinion is that this nurse isn't behaving with dignity or compassion.

The Florence Nightingale Pledge

I solemnly pledge myself before God and in the presence of this assembly, to pass my life in purity and to practice my profession faithfully. I will abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous, and will not take or knowingly administer any harmful drug. I will do all in my power to maintain and elevate the standard of my profession, and will hold in confidence all personal matters committed to my keeping and all family affairs coming to my knowledge in the practice of my calling. With loyalty will I endeavor to aid the physician in his work, and devote myself to the welfare of those committed to my care.

nursingworld.org...

www.nursegroups.com...
edit on 31-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: blargo

As we as said earlier by many people, a person isn't 'ebola free' until after the 21 day quarantine period. Having a test on day 5 or 10 come up negative means nothing. The Ebola can develop later and only show up in a blood test when that happens.

If having a blood test come up negative the first week was all that was needed to be considered 'ebola free' then there would be no need of any quarantine period. Obviously there is a need.

We can not say she has or hasn't got Ebola until the 21 day incubation period is over.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

I agree, except for some the incubation period may last as long as 42 days.

Re. the court order, I am very happy. It's about freaking time. I'm glad the judge put CDC Nurse Kaci in her place.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
CNN just said that the nurse's roommate in W.Africa contracted Ebola...and doesn't have a clue how she was infected!
An order for mandatory quarantine has been filed by Maine against Nurse Kaci. In a sworn affidavit, the Maine CDC stated the above.
The Maine CDC tried to contact Kaci as she was on her way from NY to Maine, and Kaci did not return the call.
Apparently Kaci did treat patients who were "very sick."

Source: CNN Live
and
article.wn.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Temporary and for now? That's BS.For now should be until at LEAST Nov 10 if not Dec 3 (whatever 41 days is). But it is the law in Maine, so this would have to go higher. And at least it's a start in the battler against whiny.

Judge Orders Maine Nurse Kaci Hickox to Abide by CDC Recommendations

A judge in Maine issued a 24-hour order yesterday restraining the movement of Doctors Without Borders nurse Kaci Hickox—but the order only requires that she follow guidelines that for the most part match the recommendations that the CDC has already issued for individuals who have had Ebola exposure but do not show signs of the disease. From the Portland Press-Herald:

She is "some risk." NOT "high risk" as Slate is reporting.

Look at the chart in the last link,

Interim U.S. Guidance for Monitoring and Movement of Persons with Potential Ebola Virus Exposure

under the "some risk" portion, asymptomatic.

The public health authority, based on a specific assessment of the individual’s situation, will determine whether additional restrictions are appropriate, including:
Controlled movement: exclusion from long-distance commercial conveyances (aircraft, ship, train, bus) or local public conveyances (e.g., bus, subway)
Exclusion from public places (e.g., shopping centers, movie theaters), and congregate gatherings
Exclusion from workplaces for the duration of a public health order, unless approved by the state or local health department (telework is permitted)
Non-congregate public activities while maintaining a 3-foot distance from others may be permitted (e.g., jogging in a park)
Other activities should be assessed as needs and circumstances change to determine whether these activities may be undertaken
Any travel will be coordinated with public health authorities to ensure uninterrupted direct active monitoring
Federal public health travel restrictions (Do Not Board) may be implemented based on an assessment of the particular circumstance
For travelers arriving in the United States, implementation of federal public health travel restrictions would occur after the traveler reaches the final destination of the itinerary

That damn judge making it a temporary order....grrr. She's had enough 15 mkinutes. Maybe this will shut her up for a few hours. Naw...wishful thinking.
edit on 10/31/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join