It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer for Fort Kent nurse says she "WON'T" abide by quarantine

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Per the newly improved (Oct 29) CDC guidelines she'd probably still be just at "some risk" and not "high risk."

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

I'm talking more about Americans in general. There's far too much rage and fear about. Most are not HCWs.

What Americans don't care about Africa rhetoric? It's true. Most people don't care about the third world unless there are terrorists or dictators to blow up. It's just reality.

I'm using overgeneralizations about Americaas a whole. That's the problem with overgeneralizations, there are exceptions.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

I've actually seen very little rage and fear, despite the best efforts of some. I think people are mostly concerned.

Why It's OK To Worry About Ebola, And What's Truly Scary

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

I'm talking more about Americans in general. There's far too much rage and fear about. Most are not HCWs.

What Americans don't care about Africa rhetoric? It's true. Most people don't care about the third world unless there are terrorists or dictators to blow up. It's just reality.

I'm using overgeneralizations about Americaas a whole. That's the problem with overgeneralizations, there are exceptions.

I just don't agree with you. "Americans in general"? No. America is usually the first country to offer help during disasters. If you look at the money and supplies that are donated, I would feel comfortable saying the majority is donated by people that are not rich. If you consider that 'us poor folks' don't have much to give, a whole lot of us must be giving to make up the sheer volume that we give. So 'generally speaking' we do care and donations prove it.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
CNN's headlines are wonky at the moment. This is weird.

No wonder people are confused.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Really? Tons of people calling her selfish and a danger to society. Tons of people calling for travel bans or quarantines of whole nations. I see plenty of rage and fear. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think so. The Ebola thing is massive. Just look at here or twitter or MSM or YouTube. I see it in real life too, even from children. There is an "I'm afraid of Ebola" conversation from the children i work with once a week at minimum. It's very tiring to constantly have to tell people to calm down.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Force her to do so for the good of everyone. Ask her if she wants to be comfortable or locked up in a hole. Her choice. You don't put innocent people at risk because of your ego. Tell her the reality of the situation and I do mean TELL. There's no room for ignorance when lives are at stake.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
Force her to do so for the good of everyone. Ask her if she wants to be comfortable or locked up in a hole. Her choice. You don't put innocent people at risk because of your ego. Tell her the reality of the situation and I do mean TELL. There's no room for ignorance when lives are at stake.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

I will agree that people express their emotions online, and that most often this is due to poor communication and fear.

And of course it's massive. A BSL4 virus is no small thing.

And you probably know this already, but I agree that's she's a selfish, spoiled brat. Even the courts pretty much said she should as a professional understand that fear is very real.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Court documents here: www.courts.maine.gov...

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Yes. Americans do give money and time to the cause du jour. I won't deny that.

Sadly Band-Aids don't do much for mortal wounds. Out government and corporations need to care and they don't because we don't care what they do as long as we get out tiny share of the pie. Keep the prices low so we can have our ultra comfortable lives. You can use all the slave labor you want. We give them our old clothes at Christmastime.

Americans mostly give to feel good about themselves. The majority don't actually care about other groups or nations. Just look at the immigration issue. People most often say "Latin America isn't our problem. Deport them all". Actually it is out problem.

Our selfish policies keep the world in poverty. It's not you Khaleesi. It's not me. It's not most people. But we let the ones at fault do these things because we want our happy little bubbles undisturbed. Keep prices low even if children die for it. That's paramount. We need our wasteful dinner parties and an IPad for everyone.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

She wouldn't have caused a fuss if Cuomo/Christie didn't use her for political theater. She would have gone to her home and self monitored just like everyone else.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

More: Maine Judge Charles C. LaVerdiere rules Kaci Hickox should continue daily monitoring for Ebola and coordinate travel with state officials, but says movement should not be restricted because she's not infectious - @AP

edit on 31-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

She wouldn't have caused a fuss if Cuomo/Christie didn't use her for political theater. She would have gone to her home and self monitored just like everyone else.

We disagree on this too.

She just happened to be the first one caught up in what I view as very wise, and legal, steps by the state governors. All 11 or so of them of every party so far and counting.

She could have reacted a lot more graciously and a lot less dramatically. They didn't feed her? BS.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Shuuuurrrrrrrr......

"Special Agent" Hickox is *Always* in the right place at the right time.

Miss.CDC.007

edit on Oct-31-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

Is this a change from the "some risk" CDC guidelines or not?

Also, got a link?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: MrLimpet

Is this a change from the "some risk" CDC guidelines or not?

Also, got a link?

In other words, how old is this. Did he reverse the court order/decision here? www.courts.maine.gov...

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

About 20 minutes ago.

source

You and I are going back & forth.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Wait...I get it. I think.

The first was a temporary.

Now he's had time and rejected it. In other words, someone called him because he just overturned both the state's statutes and the CDC guidelines.

They should appeal.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

CNN hasn't, to my knowledge, circled back to the earlier report about the roommate (could this have been a violation of privacy??), but Fox is chiming in. I am attempting to upload my little video on Photobucket--not to prove that anyone has Ebola, but to calm my own doubts that I heard the report on CNN.

We are also learning that Hickox’s roommate in Sierra Leone had been treated for Ebola, but the court says any risk from that has passed.

Source: insider.foxnews.com...

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join