It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White steam/haze emitted during Grandma's passing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

My grandma recently passed and my mom saw something strange. She said she was sitting in a chair looking at my grandma while my grandma was in her hospital bed. She said she saw a whitish steam or haze that had a slight rippling effect (like heat) come from my grandma's forehead (or maybe it was mouth? I'll double check when I get home tonight!)

Anyways, my mom isn't religious by any means and thinks there must be a rational explanation to this. I told her I'd ask on a forum if anyone has had a similar experience.

So, anyone ever see something like this during the death of a human or animal?

Thanks!

PS - I personally think she was in an emotional state of mind and could have misinterpreted a perfectly natural phenomenon, but she's never mentioned anything like this before so I thought I'd ask.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Julio

Condolences on your and your moms loss. Horrible news when people leave us.

In a recent thread there was discussion of an old experiment in which a scientist, or a janitor or something, weighed the entire beds of people who were going to die, and when each one died a bit of weight left as well (more than could be accounted for by the breath).

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

sorry about your loss...

there are a lot of gases released after someone dies...perhaps it was something like this..

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

i remember that experiment and it looked awful...absolutely awful....how do you weigh people that acurately...if you find the link to it send it cause id like to reread that again just for fun

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

It was one ounce. It could not be accounted for in any way at all.
Fascinating experiment.

I have heard people here and there discuss the mist rising from people who die. It is not as rare as you might think. Of course, definitely not prevalent either. Rare, but not so rare as to be dismissive of what your mother saw.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

It was one ounce. It could not be accounted for in any way at all.
Fascinating experiment.

I have heard people here and there discuss the mist rising from people who die. It is not as rare as you might think. Of course, definitely not prevalent either. Rare, but not so rare as to be dismissive of what your mother saw.

21 grams. I have heard many times that the soul exits through that third eye chakra thingy upon death.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I think it certainly was a natural phenomenon. That being the departure of the soul from it's bodily vessel upon death. I don't think that religious belief and belief in the soul are mutually exclusive.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Many nurses and hospice care givers report having similar experiences.

Whether there is a logical explanation or not, it doesn't seem to be that unusual of an occurrence.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
White steam coming from a dying person is a big motif in Stephen King's book Doctor Sleep. Maybe she read that?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Toromos
White steam coming from a dying person is a big motif in Stephen King's book Doctor Sleep. Maybe she read that?

And where did Stephen King get the idea?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss....prayers for you and your family...especially your mom. It's hard losing a parent.....the night shift nurses at the nursing home where my grandmother was, said they saw a ball of light zip down the hallway and into my grandmothers room. The 2 nurses were stumped and both went to see what it was, and before that could get to her room, 2 balls of light exited and zip back down the hallway and disappeared. Then they discovered my grandmother had passed. ...so...I believe.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

This is quite common, many people see or feel the soul leave the body, now cameras can not capture it because it is the soul of the observor that detects it not the physical eye's ( you see because your soul has eyes as well as your body but while you are incarnate you use the phyical one's and only see sometimes a little with your soul's eye's or so I would guess ).
My family have experienced similar but we are religious, so I believe that was probably your nan's spirit going up and if it was white she was probably a good person or at least a decent one as they can also show up like shadow's that look like smoke and they are usually not nice people.
God bless her anyway and may she be young and beautiful again.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I've heard of the same studies many of these members are talking about. I found it really interesting.

I firmly believe everyone has a soul and when the body dies, the soul no longer resides inside. Take for example what dead people look like.

Most all of us have seen a dead body before. Some of us have seen a recent dead body as well. When you look at that body you can tell nobody is home. Even if it's only been a minute or two. There is a change in the body, and even in our own bodies/minds that tell us they are no longer present in that vessel.

It should in essence just look like one is sleeping if death occurred minutes before and it wasn't violent. They could have even passed on while sleeping just a moment before... But no. For some reason they do not look like they are "just asleep". You can't pinpoint exactly what is different... But something is different.

I believe that we "see" the life within people even though it doesn't register as a color, or any other visual aspect. Something in us sees something in others. When the spirit departs that something inside of us can detect it.

I am not sure if that made sense or not. Hopefully it did. I believe your mother saw the departing of the soul.

And I'm sorry for your loss. Losing anyone is painful. Take care of yourself while you do some healing and acceptance. You deserve it and it's healthy for you.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 10/29/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
Your last sentence is the most gracious I have ever read here.
Thank you.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

may she be young and beautiful again.

that's how i saw my grandma

young again & hair was shiny

for the past few years
i've been seeing this heat-ripple effect thing coming off trees O_o
(sinking feeling)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
Sorry for your loss....prayers for you and your family...especially your mom. It's hard losing a parent.....the night shift nurses at the nursing home where my grandmother was, said they saw a ball of light zip down the hallway and into my grandmothers room. The 2 nurses were stumped and both went to see what it was, and before that could get to her room, 2 balls of light exited and zip back down the hallway and disappeared. Then they discovered my grandmother had passed. ...so...I believe.

Hours before my grandmother's passing I watched my grandmother enter my bedroom. She was giving a white glow. She came to my bed and told me "Everything is going to be ok." The next morning the phone rang and we learned grandma had passed. I could never tell if it was a dream or if I woke to see her entering my room. However, I to believe there is more for us after we pass. My family is very religious and this has helped me keep my faith when I start to question. She also kept telling us before her passing of her getting to see a beautiful light and talking with her brothers. It could have been many things she was seeing due to her losing her battle with cancer, but I always feel at peace knowing she stopped to say goodbye.

top topics

join