It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia bans immigration from afflicted West African countries

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Source

I think it's worth noting I couldn't find this on any American news outlets.

Happened yesterday.

Australia has closed the door to people seeking humanitarian entry from Ebola-affected west African countries. Immigration Minister Scott Morrison said the temporary suspension meant his department was no longer processing any applications from countries including Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea. The department is also cancelling and refusing non-permanent or temporary visas held by people from Ebola-affected countries who have yet to leave for Australia. Permanent visa holders from these countries are being required to submit to a 21-day quarantine period prior to departure for Australia.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JG1993

Common sense prevails.

Can you hear, can you hear the thunder?

Lets hear it for the land down under!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Just wait until Obama hears about this.... He is going to be pissed .
How are the Aussies supposed to get ebola, doing this?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well done Australia, everywhere else should be banning them also.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Yep that sounds about right well done Australia, is England doing this? They should I may just move to Australia...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I think we should just ban everyone from entering the country unless they are willing to sit in an enclosed quarantine cell for 21 days. Screw their rights! And Screw you're rights too!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Can you tell me where you got this article from . I live in Australia and with a quick search i found nothing . Also heard nothing on radio television and print . Something like this would normally be a major news story .

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
Can you tell me where you got this article from . I live in Australia and with a quick search i found nothing . Also heard nothing on radio television and print . Something like this would normally be a major news story .

I saw it on numerous news sites and on the evening news last night, here is some more links

Herald Sun-Link 1

Cnn-Link 2

Reuters-Limk 3

For what its worth I think it is a good idea, I feel a bit safer knowing this!
edit on 28-10-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I read it on the front page of todays paper in Brisbane. The Courier..

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

Agreed that it is a good idea . Odd that i would not have picked it up today as something like this would usually get my attention . Maybe it just not newsworthy enough in South Australia .

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Maybe it just not newsworthy enough in South Australia .

Everything South Australian is not newsworthy ;-p

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

Yeah like i am going to be upset by that comment . Victoria puts us down way better than that .

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Yeah like i am going to be upset by that comment . Victoria puts us down way better than that .

Well I did live in Victoria until i turned 23 ;-p

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Slow learner .Sad .LOL

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Hey hutch. You shoulda seen the flack I got from these Queenslanders from being from Victoria. I've had to put up with thier crap long enough! But since I've been living in QLD for like 8 years or so it'snow time to give a little to those damn Southerners!

Threads been thoroughly hijacked I think. Perhaps we should Parley like pirates do?
edit on 28-10-2014 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Agreed that it is a good idea . Odd that i would not have picked it up today as something like this would usually get my attention . Maybe it just not newsworthy enough in South Australia .

Yeah, hasn't been covered so much today on headlines or even top headlines here in Perth weirdly but its definitely happening, which is good.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Try going to Darwin from anywhere then .

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Maybe it is because Ebola really isn't big news here . Our she will be right attitude means that reporting this just wont bring ratings . Now if you footy teams best player was going somewhere else ,now that's newsworthy . Perhaps our devil may attitude will bring us down one day but i doubt it .We are an island with generally speaking seal-able borders .

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: JG1993
I think it's worth noting I couldn't find this on any American news outlets.

Before jumping the gun, you probably need to await for the sun to rise in the US before saying they are not covering a bit of Australian news.

However, just so you don't think it's all a terrible conspiracy, I have just looked at it is being covered on CNN... edition.cnn.com...

To topic. While I am distressed by this terrible disease, I cannot help thinking that Australia are using this as a pretext to stop more asylum seekers reaching their shores. I am not going to comment on the rights of that position.

Regards

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

edit on 28-10-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join