It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia bans immigration from afflicted West African countries

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
More from CNN and Reuters...

[Source CNN]

(CNN) -- In the fight against Ebola, Australia has said: No thanks.
Immigration Minister Scott Morrison announced "strong controls" on arrivals from West African countries affected by cases of the deadly disease.
Telling Australia's parliament during a question time session Monday that his ministry was currently "not processing any application from these (Ebola) affected countries," he said that the government was also suspending its humanitarian program.
He added that holders of permanent Australian visas based in these countries would be subject to a mandatory, three-week quarantine process prior to their departure. Visitors approved to travel to Australia will also face further screening and followup checks upon arrival.

Very interesting video here too with Annan. Let the healthworkers go there but quarantine them KINDLY when they come back.

More at Reuters: U.S. isolates troops, Australia slaps visa ban on Ebola-hit West Africa states

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Australia stoped the illegal boats over a year ago .

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I'm sure I saw it slipped into a news.com.au article this morning and thought 'finally' either that, or Brisbane times, on the article about the young girl up here until quarantine at RBWH

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JG1993

Only through this announcement I learned that Australia has a West African refugee import program going on where by West Africans can come to australia without having to spend money on a boat fare.

When governments do things behind the backs of their people you know they are not servants of 'we the people.'

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
They seem to be keeping this news on the down-low around my parts as well.

But I'm happy they are doing this. I was telling my wife the concerns I have last night.

We live in a rural city with a population of around 70k people.

Our city has a multicultural thing going, with 2% of the population being from African nations.

It's not hard to imagine this popping up in anyone's backyard.

I think they have been down playing the whole ebola thing in Australian media,
Compared to the "terrorist threat" anyway.

I personally consider ebola is the bigger threat atm.

edit on 28-10-2014 by Shaded27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JG1993

I heard about this to but im yet to see an official release so im skeptical that its actually happened... if has happened it would be nice if they let us in health know about it.

Anyone got an official statement?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: JG1993
I think it's worth noting I couldn't find this on any American news outlets.

Before jumping the gun, you probably need to await for the sun to rise in the US before saying they are not covering a bit of Australian news.

However, just so you don't think it's all a terrible conspiracy, I have just looked at it is being covered on CNN... edition.cnn.com...

To topic. While I am distressed by this terrible disease, I cannot help thinking that Australia are using this as a pretext to stop more asylum seekers reaching their shores. I am not going to comment on the rights of that position.

Regards

Why does that issue always come up?? Like we are trying to get out of helping asylum seekers when our government has been actively helping them for soooo long, alot more than other countries do aswell, you obviously haven't seen how much taxpayers money goes to them, even above our senior citizens!

We have plenty asylum seekers here, if you don't believe me come to my neighbourhood, they all come from African countries aswell. The government are NOT doing this to get out of taking in asylum seekers they are doing it to protect us and its about time too, and id we cop $#+^ for it then too bad id rather everyone criticizing us and be safe than keep the world happy and keep putting our nation in danger from Ebola. Now all they need to do is work out a safe way for Aussie Aid workers to return where they can quarantine in a comfortable environment before coming back in to the population that would be great.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Lol. It was posted 16-17 hours ago in Australia. I am American.

The sun was out all day here bud, funny US CNN waited til night time to post a headline.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join