It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo Manipulation/Editing Request

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This may seem like an odd request. I am capable in photoshop myself but given the nature of the project I don't think I'll ever be able to get the results I am after. I have always wanted to stylise this photo of my mum it happens to be the only one I have, she was murdered in 1999 and my sister only salvaged a few photographs. These photos of her photos are the only ones I have. The one on the right to me lends itself to being blown up and to take pride of place in my new home. So that my children can see their Granny. Ive had a few ideas sepia, black and white, i like the idea of the stars but they could be removed, touched up alot so its a clean photograph. i hope you guys appreciate that Im too attached to try with it again. I think the artists on ATS are some of the highest calibre and also have the compassion and understanding to treat it with care.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Scotscorps84

If nobody bites on it I'll see what I can't do for ya bud.

Not necessarily my forte; but I think I can achieve what you're after.

I'd rather have someone who does this a little more regularly jump on it, but again - if nobody does, I'll help you out as soon as time permits.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Why not have her portrait painted - then you have it forever and it can pass down the family?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Seekeye2

I never thought of that at all. Might be worth looking into. Thankyou for the replies so far

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Sorry to hear about your mom.

The first thing you should do is take the photos somewhere and have them physically scanned in very high resolution with a drum scanner or whatever places are using these days. The highest resolution you can find at a local company so you don't have to mail them somewhere.

Then you can put the originals in a safe place and have the digital images to work from. The files are going to be big. You could use an online drop box service to send them to people willing to help you (I might be if I wasn't so busy).

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Condolences on the loss of your mother. I think it's a wonderful idea to display photos of her for your children.

When you say "stylized", do you have something more specific in mind than just changing the tone (sepia, b&w, etc)?

Would you like the noise removed, color adjusted, resolution adjusted?

Also, do you have a size in mind for an enlargement?
edit on 10/27/2014 by halfpint0701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: halfpint0701

I had in mind noise removed so it's alot cleaner and crisper, perhaps soft focus behind. It'd have to be hi-res and perhaps size 8 x 16. I really dont know how to explain what i had in mind other than to make the photo pop, and be really clean

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Sorry for your loss as well....Ill give it shot too. Just to be clear? Those shots can be separated into several different ones or in a collage.
Any preference???

Best MS

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I have a big preference for the one on the right that I cropped out.
It's hard to get across what i want when ive sat with the same photo open in photoshop myself many times over the years and just never been able to get anything near what i want and i dont even know what that'll be until I see it.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Here's a basic noise removal, increase to 300 pixels/inch, and basic color adjustment. Right direction or wrong?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: halfpint0701

definitely going in the right direction. i think the colouring is gonna be hard to keep as is due to my images being photos of old photos

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Is there any way you can scan the photo to a high degree of resolution? Perhaps at the library?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

i dont personally have the photo here and havent ever, my sister has these, i could ask her

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I don't know if you have a Reddit.com account but I know that a making one is simple and then you could post asking for help on there,. This is the subreddit that will be able to help you if no one here can..

www.reddit.com...

I hope I did that right.
PS:I made an account just to help you!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I can adjust the color in numerous ways. Do you want bright, old-timey, muted, etc? I can play with some different color styles if you'd like.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I've worked with it for hours, and cannot do much because you just don't have any resolution to work with. But I thought I might try and do a nice photo - like with your mom dressed up nicely - but it will still have the same type of problem, no resolution..

If you want me to keep trying in the same vein as this photo here, then just tell me?? ::

I can do a small one like this.. it might not be perfect, but I can get it to look like her in the end, if you tell me a bit more about her...

That is only if you want me to! If you don't like this at all then just say no!

I'm not the best though, I'm sure there are people who could do much better than me!

Edit to Add:

I just wanted to apologize in advance if I did something wrong in doing this picture. I just wanted to try and help in some way.. I know what its like to loose everything.... So, I'm sorry for any unintentional misrepresentation here...
edit on 27-10-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

This one is closer to the original coloring and softened the backlighting a bit

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
That photograph was terribly red, in real life his mom probably didn't have so much red... here is a slight color fix to that photo..

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I appreciate all the efforts made overnight, i cant however see the last 3 images posted. Thankyou for the sugestion on reddit. I do think that I should look into having her painted, and getting my sister to scan the image in high resoloution. These suggestions may seem obvious but I hadn't even given it a thought and thankyou all for your time and suggestions. If i can look at the 3 images previous to this post I will reply and see where i want to go with it. I do think for my home I am better with a high res image or a portrait. Something small may be nice to have to keep and a reminder of the kindness and talent of ATSers

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

files.abovetopsecret.com...

try the direct link..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join