It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute amazing UFO's seen during solar eclipse

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
One thing that occurs to me is that the plane is very fast , and the whatevers are very slow , so although the whatevers may be ballons thats a long shot because of the formation and size perspective.
I am sure someone will come out with proof of weather balloons soon enough and I will grin and nod and still believe.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2
I am a balloon engineer and expert.

These are nothing more than jet propelled balloons with translucent swamp gas used for buoyancy.

Hope that helps.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The person who recorded the UFO's is apparently going to test the balloon hypothesis by trying to recreate the video using balloons tied off at the altitude they would have been at were he observed them.

Although it won't be until after this weekend, so we'll see then if the balloon theory is correct or not.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

Dude...

What I'm saying is: something is visible between the observer and the disc of the sun. The location of the object(s) is either in our atmosphere (50 miles thick?) or outside of our atmosphere in space (93 million miles). If you didn't have the thought bias of "everything is a balloon because there's no such thing as aliens", which of those two areas would you assume the object to be in?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
They're moving in the wrong direction to be satellites in a geosynchronous orbit!!!!

I'm pretty sure geosynchronous is not what you think it means.

If an artificial satellite is in geosynchronous orbit, that means it's rotating around the earth at the same speed the earth is rotating. That means it never moves position, it is geosynchronous, get it?

That's why satellite TV is able to broadcast programming from the same satellites 24/7.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: iNobody

If an artificial satellite is in geosynchronous orbit, that means it's rotating around the earth at the same speed the earth is rotating.

As you have stated, the geosynchronous satellites rotate around the earth, so therefore it will appear to move across the sun.

I think skyblueworld knows what it means.l

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Ok, that makes sense, not the Satellites themselves moving across the sky, rather the appearance of their rotation across the sun, yeah, it would be at the same speed the earth is rotating, which is what? I think 1,000 miles an hour.
edit on 27-10-2014 by iNobody because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: iNobody

Yeah. From what I gathered from OP and other posters (I don't know much about this subject), the motion of this "UFO" moves in the opposite direction of apparent motion of a geosynchronous satellite across the sun. I hope someone else who is an expert will chime in soon.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tombaccei
The balloon theory is not reasonable, in my opinion. If enough wind was present to move individual "balloons" in the clusters with the relative speed recorded, than all of the balloons in a cluster would have had to move. If the two clusters were not connected, and such a turbulent wind were present, then the relative position of the two clusters would not have been so stable. If the balloons were not connected, then how can you explain the distinct clusters and the steady inter-cluster distance?

Another thought. It would not be very hard to do some calculations to determine their speed across the disc of the sun at various estimated distances from the observer, which can be correlated to the apparent size as compared to that of the aircraft. Also what was the angle of the sun above the horizon at the observers location at the time of the eclipse? This would allow and additional correlation of altitude to the estimated distance to the objects. I will take a crack at graphing the size, altitude and speed of these objects over various estimates of size this evening if I have time.

Another relevant piece of data would be to note the placement of the moons shadow relative to the horizon, which could determine, to some degree, the direction of movement of the objects.

The similarity of the movement of these objects is subjectively very similar to several recent "ufo" videos, as noted. The movement of shapes in those videos also did not seem to be consistent with swirling or shearing winds either.

I agree, no way that's balloons. The upper group is moving while the southern group is spinning a bit. The northern group is spinning to, the smaller fragment orbiting a larger, plus both groups are emitting obvious heat trails like something would that was orbiting the sun yet of a nature that allowed to withstand the temperature, like a burning ember, if you will.

No, to me this looks like something massive, a comet remnant of some kind f metal that can withstand high temperature caught in a solar orbit. Moving very fast due to its high speed when the suns gravity caught it. That's my take, anyway. Its not spaceships or anything. You can see the irregular outline of the objects fairly clearly. It must be a comet core caught in a decaying solar orbit. Its burning up, but slowly, as evidenced by the heat trails.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

If those objects traversing the sun so closely were manned with ETs then how could they survive such great tempuratures and radiations in such a small object? I don't think anything could survive going so close to the sun.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
What ever it was most likely in Earth orbit, or the object size would have changed as it approached the edge of the Sun's disk. It could have been a convoluted, ionized tail of a meteorite. They are known to twist and change shape rapidly in the high atmosphere (remember, the Orionids were still going on). Also, could have been part of a jet contrail or even a flock of birds, at a far distance because the Sun was on the horizon.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Balloons would be fine if I hadn't seen
so many high altitude night vision videos
of Triangles with 3 -5 dots of light .
Which is exactly what one of the objects looks like.
if I'm wrong I'll eat a Space Command Special Access Project Budget request.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
My speakers don't work-does he say where he is filming?

There was balloon sent up:

www.spaceweather.com...

On Oct. 23rd, just as the New Moon was about to pass in front of the sun, the students of Earth to Sky Calculus launched a helium balloon carrying a Nikon D7000 camera. Their goal: to set the record for high-altitude photography of an eclipse. During a two-hour flight to the edge of space, the camera captured 11 images of the crescent sun. The final picture, taken just a split second before the balloon exploded, was GPS-tagged with an altitude of 108,900 feet.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Pauligirl

It seems he is somewheres in florida however the sun is still acting up and I prefer to think that someone is trying to fix it .
Im going to stick with that for now untill I can see a picture of this balloon contraption and I would also offer up the notion that that still sounds absurd to me but I cant find that story of the student yet.

GIANT SUNSPOT CRACKLING WITH FLARES: AR2192 is the biggest sunspot in nearly 25 years, and it is still growing. The active region now covers 2750 millionths of the solar disk, an area equivalent to more than 16 planet Earths skinned and spread out flat. It is so large that sky watchers are seeing it with the naked eye when the sun is dimmed by low-hanging clouds or, in this case, dense fog:

www.spaceweather.com... Oct. 27 2014 on the drop down menue
edit on 27-10-2014 by bluemooone2 because: To add last line

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I would think alien technology is way beyond heat trails as propulsion so I think we should assume we're not looking at heat trails.

a reply to: GnosticWay

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
OK I see a photo and would like to find out more as you may have nailed this one

Then I will rip that apart if possible also if possible because it just is too dang coincidental for my liking and I am very stubborn sometimes.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
"a" balloon. singular. that's not what we are seeing.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Hey thanks! The students wish to thank AutomationDirect.com for sponsoring this flight. Their $500 contribution paid for the helium and other supplies necessary to get the balloon off the ground. Note the Automation Direct logo in this picture of the payload ascending over the Sierra Nevada mountains of central California:

www.spaceweather.com...

I guess someone will need to check the prevailing winds and such , but I do love this picture and I am In a mood for comedy.

I am saying it would be a longshot still.
edit on 27-10-2014 by bluemooone2 because: To add link

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma
a reply to: bluemooone2
I am a balloon engineer and expert.

These are nothing more than jet propelled balloons with translucent swamp gas used for buoyancy.

Hope that helps.

Great, now I have to explain to my partner why I woke her up with loud snorting laughter in the middle of the night!

You deserve a custom tag! No balloon engineer deserves to be a mere "Member" on here!

edit on 27-10-2014 by NoNameNeeded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

It was filmed right near the Barrier Islands in Florida.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join