It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Presses States to Reverse Mandatory Ebola Quarantine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

No,

Fight it there AND Don't be willfully ignorant enough to import it into our own cities.

You can do both easily.

The Left is trying hard to make this a partisan Democrat / Republican issue which it is not. Hell even Cuomo has enough common sense to do what needs to be done.
edit on 26-10-2014 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2014 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I am not a healthcare worker but, if you are willing to go to a highly infectious area, work there, finish your tour, and think you can jump on a plane and just come home and walk about, that's pretty naive.

This IMO should be a no brainer. It's quite obvious after observing Mr Duncan's case that the possibility of acquiring the virus and being asymptomatic when boarding a flight and being asymptomatic upon reaching your destination, doesn't mean you cannot become symptomatic.

One would think that a self quarantine would be something initiated on the part of anyone working in affected countries, similar to what the nurse did in Spain.

edit on 26-10-2014 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
As much as I can sympathize with the concern voiced over a possible shortage of volunteers, I would rather no one volunteer to go help then to risk infecting a much larger population. Im sorry but if you have the right to go try to help some sick people, I have the right to expect you not to get me sick because of it.

This outbreak has gone from one extreme from another. From an infected man being dishcharged due to mis diagnosis, to full hazmat gear required, to now gloves only in NYC that can be safely thrown in a regular garbage can. Its about time someone take active precautionary measures. Ive seen alot of people say that this outbreak hasnt even caused enough deaths to be a "real epidemic". If you feel that way fine, but it it worth the risk of it becoming the next plague of note in our history? Or do we take these measures to ensure that one day we can look back and say "boy, we really coulda dodged a bullet there ehh?"

Our federal government has proven to be inept in regards to this issue. First it was the risk of anyone becoming infected was little to none. Within 2 months we had a reported case within our borders. The chance of anyone becomung infected by that man was slim. Within two weeks we come to learn that the nurses that treated him are ill. Oh the chances of anything like that happening again are negligible they said. Now theres a doctor in NYC that decided going anywhere he wanted while possibly sick was a great idea. It seems theres a trend here with the Feds and the CDC. Ill let Cumo and Christie try for a bit, they haven't proven to be failures on this issue like some other people we know....

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

No,

Fight it there AND Don't be willfully ignorant enough to import it into our own cities.

You can do both easily.

If you understand how the virus is transmitted then it's not ignorance.

The Left is trying hard to make this a partisan Democrat / Republican issue which it is not. Hell even Cuomo has enough common sense to do what needs to be done.

No, it's not common sense. Common sense is washing your hands and avoiding people when you're sick.

Flu season is coming. Thousands of Americans die each year from flu. I'm preparing my mind and body for the influx of people fearing that they have Ebola when they actually get the flu. Next spring, I imagine a thread, on these very forums, coming up declaring thousands actually died of Ebola and it was a conspiracy from Obama himself calling those deaths flu related.

Repeat after me:
You're not infectious if you're not sick.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Go to west africa with your little soap box rant ...and dont come back!

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

So im assuming that the doctors and other health care workers who have been infected didnt understand how the infection works but you do?

Screw Ebola Czar we have the Ebola Link right here.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

i don't understand all this whinyness... if I knew I was exposed to Ebola, screw that I'll stay in quarantine for 3 weeks, big deal. It's better than running around spreading it - especially since most diseases can be spread without the necessity of being sick yourself or having any symptoms.

I don't understand what the fed is up to... makes no sense unless you are happy and wanting to spread this disease

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
All of this makes me SPITTING MAD. I don't know WHY Obama and company want this in our Country so bad and I don't know if I want to know, but those states need to stand strong against him.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Of course. He has his mighty pen and phone and will do whatever he wants.

I mean his Science Czar John Holdren wrote a book about depopulation and said he thinks sterilizing people en masse through medicated water supplies is needed to do the job. Why wouldn't he be advocating the spread of Ebola?
Even the new Ebola Czar job description seems to be more about pr than coordinating the containment of the outbreak. What else would we expect from these people.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It's nice to see that governors of New Jersey and New York are exercising tenth admendment rights. Quarantining highly exposed persons , like doctors and nurses who helped fight Ebola is completely logical in my opinion. And Mr. Obama can only ask to let her go but can't force the states because it's probably 100% legal what they are doing. Protecting their state and it's citizens.

Another thing , the nurse , she is planning to sue the state and lawyering up. She also has a rant out on the Internet, saying she's being treated like a criminal. She and CNN said she should be treated like a heroine not a criminal. She also said Christie (nj governor) should not be making health decisions since he has no medical training. ....

So we should leave the health decisions to people like Ebola czar , Obama , and cdc executives , people who also don't have medical training and are more experienced in dirty politics.

This nurse is so smug, and her "I'm better than you because I'm a nurse" and "I know more about Ebola because I listen to what te cdc says" kind of attitude is probably exactly what people in power think. And is probably why they are disconnected with the public and have no clue what's going on.

If she wants to be a real hero then, stay in Quarantine , shut up , then go on news and urge other high risk persons to be overly cautious because a doctor in nyc got it without knowing. Then she's a real hero.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Obviously, if they start quarantining everyone who says Yes to "have you been in Africa recently?", they will just learn to say no.

If the airports start requiring proof of quarantine for 20 or 30 days, people will just look for alternative routes out of the country like ferry, road or train.

Legislation will always end up causing the opposite of what the legislation was intended to do.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well...seems that once some lawyers got involved suddenly quarantine became 'voluntary' and that you could travel.

The Blundering Rise And Epic Fall Of The Christie-Cuomo Ebola Quarantine

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dryad2
She also said Christie (nj governor) should not be making health decisions since he has no medical training.

Yeah...and that same logic applies to Obama and group saying not to quarantine people and our Ebola Czar who is nothing but an Obama supporter looking for a title.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Oh, dear, is all about the money, see US itself has spend millions bordering in billions in the research of vaccines for ebola, they need to have a way to get their profits back, even if is at the expenses of the tax payers that had funded those million dollar research.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Ooops forgot about this thread. Trying to keep them all updated.

Seven states toughening up now?

Listen to Christie in the video. He makes sense.

Why There's So Much Controversy Surrounding Ebola Quarantine Orders

A day after New York doctor Craig Spencer was diagnosed with Ebola after traveling home from treating Ebola patients in West Africa, the governors of New York and New Jersey announced that they would enforce mandatory quarantines for all travelers who had close contact with Ebola-infected people and were arriving from Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone -- the three countries hardest hit by the current epidemic.

Later the same day, IllinoisDepartment of Public Health also announced a mandatory 21-day home quarantine for high-risk individuals who cared for Ebola patients in the same countries.

"This protective measure is too important to be voluntary," Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn said in a statement. "We must take every step necessary to ensure the people of Illinois are protected from potential exposure to the Ebola virus. While we have no confirmed cases of the Ebola virus in Illinois, we will continue to take every safeguard necessary to protect first responders, healthcare workers and the people of Illinois."

Late Sunday night, the governors of New York and New Jersey stressed that they would allow home quarantines with twice-daily monitoring from health officials. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said mandatory hospital quarantines would only be required of high-risk individuals arriving to New York and New Jersey who are not from either of those states.

Florida, Maine, Maryland and Virginia also announced tougher rules for travelers returning from Ebola-affected regions with the possibility of home quarantine.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I almost posted this as a new thread, but will go ahead and put it here.

Nobel Prize Winner Endorses Quarantine

"...In fact, in a study published online in late September by the New England Journal of Medicine and backed by the World Health Organization, 3,343 confirmed and 667 probable cases of Ebola were analyzed, and nearly 13 percent of the time, those infected with Ebola exhibited no fever at all.

Why, then, does he think the CDC would so emphasize Ebola is not communicable in patients without symptoms?

“There’s some imperative to prevent panic among the public,” says Dr. Beutler, “But to be honest, people have not examined that with transmissibility in mind. I don’t completely trust people who’d say that as dogma.”..."

With all due respect to the minimizers, is the word of a Nobel Prize Winner /Texan good enough? When JSC decided quarantine was needed, that should have been a heads up to any person with half a brain - not to say we all shouldn't be entitled to our own opinions. But if you deliberately put our troops or citizens in harms way, then there's an issue.

JSC Recommends Quarantine

Something's very wrong and it doesn't take a conspiracy theorist to recognize it.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Surprise...Obama and our government are lying to us all. Ebola isn't only spread by "close, intimate contact". It can be spread by a sneeze, cough and on surfaces including walls and ventilation systems. So why is our government going out of their way to allow ebola entry to our country, why do they oppose quarantines when even a nobel prize winner (no...not Obama) supports them and why are they trying to "change the mind" of governors who support quarantine?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Ignorance and fear is the foundation of tyranny.

It is amazing how many people are cheering the right of government to imprison people without cause.

That nurse in Maine has been tested twice for Ebola and turned up negative and has showed no symptoms.

Quarantines of this length and severity are nothing more than politicians pandering to public fears with no scientific basis, but that is nothing new.

They also, without question, are unconstitutional.

But most importantly, they do nothing to stop the spread of Ebola, but rather discourage health workers from travelling to West Africa, and thus will cause the disease to grow and spread more quickly from it's root.

It is not the Fed. Gov. that thinks that Mandatory, extended quarantines are detrimental to the effort to combat Ebola...it is the scientists and doctors who study the spread of diseases, like...

The Infectious Diseases Society of America
New England Journal of Medicine
The World Health Organization
The Center for Disease Control
The Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America
Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology
Infectious Diseases Society of America

And everyone else who studies the spread of diseases as their life-long profession..

I would trust them over any politician pandering to public fears any day ...More so when that pandering includes unconstitutional imprisonment.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join