It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Presses States to Reverse Mandatory Ebola Quarantine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Really?

Does it seem that this administration WANTS more cases of Ebola in the U.S.

They do not have logical arguments against travel restrictions and quarantine. 2 Healthcare workers have already jumped on planes and ran around the city when they knew they may have been exposed and still acted like idiots.

One guy, just one with it shut down the Dallas healthcare system. This disease cannot be allowed to spread in US cities, it will be a disaster.

Extreme Caution is completely rational.

The Obama administration has been pushing the governors of New York and New Jersey to reverse their decision ordering all medical workers returning from West Africa who had contact with Ebola patients to be quarantined, an administration official said on Sunday. But both governors, Andrew M. Cuomo of New York and Chris Christie of New Jersey, stood by their decision, saying that the federal guidelines did not go far enough.

Mr. Christie was dismissive of the concerns voiced by both the administration and public health officials. “It was my conclusion that we needed to do this to protect the public health of the people of New Jersey,” Mr. Christie said. “I have great respect for Dr. Fauci, but what he’s counting on is a voluntary system in which folks may or may not comply.”

Hell, they should be quarantined overseas BEFORE returning to the U.S. and if they then develop symptoms, fly them back in a controlled environment for treatment.
edit on 26-10-2014 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The Obama administration has been pushing the governors of New York and New Jersey to reverse their decision…

States rights of self determination should supersede any pressure from the fed. We now who's really behind the pressure though, the airlines.

They ain't honest when they say the white house is pressuring and the white house should know about states rights anyway.

I'd tell em to piss off.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
" White House Presses States to Reverse Mandatory Ebola Quarantine "

Well of Course they are.

God forbid they themselves missed the opportunity to create a new way of enforcement.

Now it's all about the jealousies and grudges.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
No symptoms, no quarantine.
No quarantine, still sicK?
I'm not sick, but I'm not well.
Schrodigers virus.

The Obola theme song folks.

And for the New York Bowling doctor.

edit on 26-10-2014 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
State officials are our best bet right now. Those governors fear for the lives of themselves and their families.
If the virus starts running rampant in D.C. President Obama will go somewhere safe and take his family with him.
The governors are sticking by their states. Good for them!

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I have to agree with intrptr, states rights of self determination should supersede any pressure from the fed. ILL, NY and NJ have it right, there should be mandatory Ebola quarantines. Now the nurse that has been quarantined in New Jersey has filed a law suit claiming her rights have been violated. Really? Where are the rights of the public and businesses in this country?

It's not like they're in prison! They can watch TV, sleep, talk on the phone, play on their computers have their dinners made and brought to their room. They're still getting paid for doing nothing! This nurse came back saying she was exhausted from doing her work in Africa and now she's being quarantined. Not a bad gig to have a few weeks of relaxation after an exhausting time in Africa and still get a pay check. What's the problem again?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I guess big pharma is just no too happy that ebola could be contained without vaccines, can you imagine all those millions of dollars that has gone to the new and readily available vaccines coming to our health care system in ev every city in Jan 2015, if is not enough scares and no pandemic is not profits from vaccines.

I guess the ebola hack job, I mean the ebola Czar doing too much hiding ebola while pandering to the population scaremongering before the mid term elections

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Ebola hugged an ... No wait.. Hahah Obama hugged a recoverd Ebola patient... Therefore we have nothing to worry about.. The CDC has got everything including the rat population of major western cities including New York under contro... End the foolish quarantine...

I dont think so

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

Wow,

I just checked, Rats can get it.

What a disaster that would be.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Wow,

I just checked, Rats can get it.

What a disaster that would be.

And maybe doggies.
But they don't get sick.
Just carry it around, drool on stuff and lick the kids.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Link to tell OTHERS?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Here's a video on that. It downplays it saying that it would be unlikely for rats to spread Ebola, but that word unlikely is quickly losing all meaning.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JessicaRabbitTx

Unlikely?

LOL,

Lately that word with this administration means "not right now but in a few weeks when we do nothing to prevent the cause".

edit on 26-10-2014 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

It's her right to have sex that she feels is infringed upon.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
F* the WH.

What the hell are they doing? Seriously. They do WANT this crap here.

IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're just as whiney as the freaking NJ quarantined nurse. And jealous they didn't have the balls to do this themselves.

It is NOT illegal. www.ncsl.org...

The federal freaking government cannot interfere unless ASKED by the states.

I think I just hit my limit with this BS.

Stand firm, Cuomo and Christie.
edit on 10/26/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

States rights. New York, New Jersey, and now Florida should have the right to run their states as they see fit in this matter. They are being careful. The feds are doing everything wrong and the people who should 'self quarantine' are running around bowling and going on shopping trips. The states should tell the feds to get lost.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Can you imagine what the Obama admin would look like if these states actually stopped someone with Ebola from contaminating who knows how many others !

Like the damn politically correct FOOLS that they are !!!!!!!!..

How dare New York and Jersey interfere with Obama's base building.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

"We have let the governors of New York, New Jersey, and others states know that we have concerns with the unintended consequences of policies not grounded in science may have on efforts to combat Ebola at its source in West Africa," the Obama administration official said in a statement.

"We have also let these states know that we are working on new guidelines for returning healthcare workers that will protect the American people against imported cases, while, at the same time, enabling us to continue to tackle this epidemic in West Africa," the official added.

Not grounded in science? Allowing this to fly around the world is not grounded in science.

Efforts in West Africa? Let them stay in West Africa.

Working on guidelines? Get bogged down in the legalese, there, Mr. Ebola Czar?

Grrrrrrrrr............

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Fear mongering wins the day again.

I could tell you all, as I've done time and again, about how dangerous Ebola is not to the average American. You've already made your decisions though; 'Ebola's too dangerous!', 'These governors are right!'

They're not right though, it's the illusion of safety. It's a lot like putting a camera in a store but never hooking it up (some cameras in ATM's don't actually work). Australia screened 1.84 million people during the SARS outbreak in 2003, 794 were quarantined, can you guess how many actually had SARS? Zero. Not one.

Now we're getting reports from doctors who are saying if they have to be quarantined on their way back from volunteering they won't volunteer at all?? Are we just stupid? Are we really thinking the best solution is to just cut ourselves off from the world and hope it just stays 'over there'? This is political madness at its finest.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I'm so aggregated with the upper tier of government stupidity my head is going to spin around in true Exorsist-Halloween fashion.

I don't think I've ever seen a more disorganised system of politicians in history. I just thank dirt our state officials are airing on the side of caution and doing what they feel is necessary to keep people safe, if still unfounded.

Is there any way to fast forward the next two years?
There has to be something we can do. I hope, given the utter display of incompetence, that nothing extremely serious happens that needs fast actions to correct. I have 0% confidence in the White House right now and all connected to it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join