It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK, Europe on collision course over €2.1bn bill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

Despite the fact EU trade agreements are worth 240 billion annualy?, and that it is infact David Cameron who wants to do this?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

UK is currently borrowing over £10 billion each month, just to keep going. Some people in UK talk about the cuts and of austerity, truth be told there ARE no cuts in overall UK finances of any kind whatever. The problems which drove UK into recession won't be cured by Brexit, that £8 billion charge you send to the EU gives British companies access to a market of nearly 400 million people. Withdraw from EU, see that market disappear and UK manufacturing will collapse. The City of London will relocate to Munich. As a result of that, the UK service sector will crash and burn.

Within 12 months of Brexit, unemployment will reach unimaginable levels, perhaps 5 or 6 million idle, tax revenues will plunge, there will be huge pressures on the Exchequer to increase spending on welfare, you can't cut the NHS, you can't cut pensions for the aging population, defence cuts will be unpopular (there's not much left to cut anyway, the British armed forces have been pared to the bone already)

... So you tell me how you'll balance the books if the Brits exit the EU. Because all I hear from you is the usual UKIP rhetoric, show us the detail.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LeBombDiggity

Its ok mate, we can just print, i mean "borrow" more money to make all our problems go away. Cant have big Dave and his Etonian school chums in the poor house, someone has to pay for all these champagne and caviar dinners.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

Despite the fact EU trade agreements are worth 240 billion annualy?, and that it is infact David Cameron who wants to do this?

Since when does a trade agreement equate to being ruled by and dictated to by the EU?

Since when does a Trade agreement allow the EU to set law in the UK?

Since when does a trade agreement mean we should pay UK benefit to foreign nations?

I am all for a trade agreement if it exactly that an agreement on trade of goods!

And besides do you honestly think EU based businesses could afford to pull out of trading with the UK??

Korg.

edit on 26-10-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeBombDiggity

UK is currently borrowing over £10 billion each month,

Far less now than of a few years ago....

And if you havent worked it out yet..... we don't borrow money from the EU.... The money comes from the BANK OF ENGLAND!

Korg.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

And besides do you honestly think EU based businesses could afford to pull out of trading with the UK??

Yes, quite easily.

As for being dictated to by a foreign power the same could be said for any citizen in the UK itself that is bound by the law of the land.

Maybe I do not agree that a senile old women in fancy dress or a bunch of pedos dressed like wizzards can dictate laws to me, so wether it be someone in Brussels or Westminster making these laws up as they go along it makes very little difference.

This is just nationalist rhetoric because David Cameron knows he is going to loose the next election and has decided sensationalist headlines makes for good governance. He truly is a scumbag.

Far less now than of a few years ago....

Doesnt matter our debt to GDP is increasing every year.
edit on 26-10-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Yes, quite easily.

As for being dictated to by a foreign power the same could be said for any citizen in the UK itself that is bound by the law of the land.

You mean the people who democratically voted for the government in their own country? What an idiotic thing to say.

And nope businesses wouldn't just give up a chunk of their market to spite because we pulled out of the EU! To suggest it means you have no idea how business works!

Korg.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LeBombDiggity

Hahaha, withdrawing from the EU won't lose us the market.

The UK is one of the biggest importers and exporters in the EU, do you really think the other countries would stop trading and stand to lose so much?

The fact that the UK has the 5th largest economy in the world and the second largest in the EU says to most people with half a brain, that countries in the EU wouldn't stop trading with the UK if they knew what was in their best interest.

Also Let's not forget, that there's a whole world out there to trade with. Worst case scenario is we lose all EU trade (not going to happen) and we start strengthening trade with India, China, Australia, New Zealand, the US, Canada, Korea, all of south America, etc. The list goes on.

Stop fear mongering.
edit on 26-10-2014 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Doesnt matter our debt to GDP is increasing every year.

Actually you will find it's the opposite, our economy is growing steadily and outperforming any economy in Europe.

Do more research before you push your Labour Views!

Korg.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

You mean the people who democratically voted for the government in their own country? What an idiotic thing to say.

Sorry what?, who voted for the Queen?, who voted for the House of Lords?

I dont remember voting for them.

The conservatives got what?, 30% of the vote?, had to form a coalition with the Lib Dems?!?!

"Democratically voted"

LOL.

Actually you will find it's the opposite

No, it is not. You are wrong, just plain wrong.

UK Debt to GDP

2007 - 43.7%
2008 - 51.9%
2009 - 67.1%
2010 - 78.4%
2011 - 84.3%
2012 - 89.1%
2013 - 90.6%

You need to wake up mate.

David Cameron

"The Economy is back on track"

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Sorry what?, who voted for the Queen?, who voted for the House of Lords?

I dont remember voting for them.

The conservatives got what?, 30% of the vote?, had to form a coalition with the Lib Dems?!?!

"Democratically voted"

LOL.

Actually you will find it's the opposite

Let me guess... you are either on job seekers allowance or are in a low paid job. You voted for Labour last time or didn't bother to vote at all.

You do not own your own property and chances are won't ever get on the property ladder.

You belong to what was once known as the Working Class.

Korg.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

hahahaha, so basicaly what you do is post a lot of nonsensical rhetoric based on some sort of personal biased you have accumulated from years of brainwashing by tabloid papers and when questioned about the things you say that are just plain wrong you resort to insults.

LOL.

Got ur number pal, cya.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

UK Debt to GDP

2007 - 43.7%
2008 - 51.9%
2009 - 67.1%
2010 - 78.4%
2011 - 84.3%
2012 - 89.1%
2013 - 90.6%

David Cameron

"The Economy is back on track"

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Am I....

Read it and weep!

Korg.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Yes that proves my point exactly, our debt to GDP is increasing every year, thanks!.

You said it was decreasing lol, do you need help?

United Kingdom national debt

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

Actually I agree with everything Korg has said on this thread as I'm sure do others.

Labour put this country through hell by opening our borders to every Tom dick and Harry, Labour (Gordon Brown) stated the UK would never have "Boom and Bust" when he was in government and sold our Gold at the cheapest rate possible and then came along 2008.

The labour leader Ed Miliband lost the labour vote to become their leader and only got the job due to the Unions. Labour has caused more woes for this country than the Conservatives have done in this Parliament session. Labour created a million public sector jobs and who's going to pay for this? It's private sector jobs required not public, and it is Labour who signed the UK up to the Lisban Treaty.

Labour will not win the election next year with that sneering leader Ed, and whilst he is leader of the party you can expect UKIP in a coalition government next May.

edit on 26.10.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

edit on 26.10.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
if the uk had that amount of spare cash, it would be put to better use by using NI numbers as lottery numbers, pay out 20 prizes of 1 million each week, for those born in the uk.

The more people have, the more they spend the healthier the economy is.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Yes that proves my point exactly, our debt to GDP is increasing every year, thanks!.

You said it was decreasing lol, do you need help?

The idea when looking at data is to take into account all the relevant parts... as in the second graph which shows our economy growing and in fact outstripping pre 2008 values.

Nevermind.. perhaps asking you to do that is asking too much...

Try this graph that actually does the simple calculation for you.

Get it yet??

Korg.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Actually I agree with everything Korg has said on this thread as I'm sure do others.

Again i shall post this link to help you, much like Korg you may need help understanding the debt situation in the UK.

United Kingdom national debt

Now where Korg might have went wrong, and you may also, on the graphs on the right hand side, when the colours go up that means an increase, not a decrease.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Budget and debt to GDP are two entirely different things. This may be helpful reading.

BBC News Knowledge economy

Its a good place to start.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

So by your own understanding of the UK debt and the fact the UK has food banks, you must also agree that the EU asking the UK for another 2 billion euros to subsidise European Farmers etc is an insult, when countries like France and Germany are getting a rebate to the tune of a billion euros each.

I don't need "understanding" of the UK debt, I'm more than aware we cannot afford to pay £55 million a day to some EU experiment that is beyond repair.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join