It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guide Goes On Videotaped Racist, Expletive-Laced Rant To Tourists Aboard Chinatown Bus In San Franci

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

A tour bus ride through San Francisco took an ugly turn when it got through Chinatown. It was just last year that Chinatown was named one of the best neighborhoods in all of America, but one tour guide made it pretty clear she didn’t agree with that.

The guide was filmed during a racist and expletive-laden rant about the neighborhood and its inhabitants, and even garnered applause from tourists.

Guide Goes On Videotaped Racist, Expletive-Laced Rant To Tourists Aboard Chinatown Bus In San Francisco

Now, they say she lived in Los Angeles, CA. I have to ask, did she live her entire life in a Gated Community? Did she not ever see an illegal family with two or three families to a house like they have here?
Did she not ever have to repeat herself at a fast food restaurant or at a Convenient store. I think she's full of it.

Or maybe she just never left her Neighborhood when she lived in L.A.!

“I hope that we learn that they didn’t understand what she was saying if they were not native English speakers,” said Chiu.
At one point, she offers a stern warning to anyone considering moving to the neighborhood:
“We have a Chinatown in my hometown of Los Angeles that is way cleaner, way better restaurants, not as many people. This is a horrible place to live!” she says. “If you are considering moving to San Francisco, although this is the cheapest neighborhood, do not live here! I have learned my lesson! These people wake you up at 6 in the morning!”

Same Link
That was it, she stayed in her home neighborhood.
If she thought Chinatown was bad, come to Phoenix, AZ. Anywhere South of Camelback road and 15th ST. to 107 Ave. just go south and you Really, Really need to learn Spanish.

I'd like to add a Language Warning for the Video.
edit on Fri Oct 24 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: used different section of article

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

One of my professors mentioned rumors of Neo Nazi Sympathizers in Orange County. He mentioned that many of them are bankers and local officials. I wouldn't be surprised if the lady was one of them.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Another blue ribbon performance by somebody that I doubt will be voting for a Republican this year!!!

A jealous rage indeed.

ChinaTown in SF and LA are great !!!

Been to both a few times myself.

Hey Ms Guide..... don't understand? Then learn a few words in Chinese

And I like frog legs and turtles !!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I think she had a little too much of that beer.
Looks to be from Deschutes Brewery, Oregon. Possibly the Mirror Pond Pale Ale.

edit on 24-10-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I love Chinese restaurants, gift items, kimonos, some of their music...

You'll notice we don't have to press one for English because of them.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Kimonos? Thought those were japanese
a reply to: Night Star

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Its not racist.....she's not the right skin tone for it to be racist.....

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I've never seen someone so mad over ginseng...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Now now, black people are republicans too, the GOP even made an ad saying so.
We are not that far removed from that stock photo
She is even toeing the party lines of assimilation, GOP is big on that aren't they?
Do it legally and assimilate after that?

I am confused why OP felt the need to turn this into a south of the border immigrant issue....

This is a women being racist, so lets point out that she isn't being racist enough or to the 'right' people?

Chinatowns are ok, high volume spanish areas, no bueno apparently

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

These people wake you up at 6 in the morning!”

6 am. oh the poor thing. I don't think I can sleep til 6am on my days off.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Blacks can not be racist, especially black women. Professional "occupy" agitator Bella Eiko went on a tirade explaining why at occupy SLU/Ferguson just the other day during her live stream. She is the biggest racist I have seen in years. the woman in this video reminds me of a tamer version of Bella.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Like how that guy is..

"I hope they didn't understand her, that they was NOT FROM! umm.. Not, Not, Native english speakers!"

LOL who could he be talking about?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The guide needs to travel in the US a bit more. I am born and bred American. .. and I eat turtles and frogs.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I love Chinese restaurants, gift items, kimonos, some of their music...

You'll notice we don't have to press one for English because of them.

Hi Night Star agree with everything except the Kimonos which is a Japanese thing..but yeah she is an ass and I hope the company she worked for docked her last paycheck.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Id love to see her shouting stuff like that in my Chinatown, but then again, she did it on a bus full of tourists because she knew she could get away with it.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Huh? She sounds just like a tea party republican to me.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

You think a black woman is a nazi symphatizer?

In my experience black people are way more racist than others while white people often walk on egg shells to not be interpreted as racist.

Liberal apologists are probably the biggest reason blacks largely get away with their racism.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
No, black people are not "way more racist" than anyone else. Racist is racist. Love when people pull the "we aren't racist, but those people are!" gems. Like it's all some playground contest.
She is most definitely racist, and any white person who would say such things would be too. But I'm sure it would totally be downplayed by the conservative crowd on here if it was a white person.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 24-10-2014 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Benoit84

Racism is not restricted to skin colour.

I have been a victim of racism in both Europe and South America.

I have found the US as the most welcoming place I have been.

Sure ... once the racists in certain countries were informed that I am an Australian - just here to see the best of their country, the tune changed.

They assumed I was British or German !

Not my problem. But it was !

Travel is good for breaking down racist stereotypes !

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join