It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus vs. Yahweh - The Future of Mankind Hangs in the Balance

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

All of the ones that weren't specifically done away with. Not that we can currently enact most of them, since we're still subject to the laws of the land, nor should we take those matters into our own hands vigilante style.

I get the sense that you're trying to pigeonhole me here, and I wont back down when it comes to the Bible, so if that is the case, why not come right out and ask which laws, specifically, you think that I believe are still, just and righteous laws, that should be followed, or still "apply". I sensed that you had a few in mind from your first post to me in this thread.
edit on 26-10-2014 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: graphuto

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
So what laws do you believe apply from the OT?

That is what I'm asking. Only so I better understand your position on what the Bible says. You agree that many people interpret it differently. I'm not trying to get you to back down or anything. I know from past experience with you that you don't back down. While we disagree on many things (I'm sure there are things we would also agree on) I can't fault a man for standing up for his beliefs.
edit on 26-10-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I don't know man, there are a lot to list. Do you really expect me to go through the Bible right now and find all of the commandments? That's gonna take some time. Like I said previously, unless they were specifically done away with in Christ, they stand, in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Yeah fair enough. I understand you a little more which is all I was after. For all I knew you believed all those laws applied. There are people that do, and do follow them. The tassel thing for example. An old radio program I listened to was hosted by a guy like that. He was even called out on it in court. He stood up and revealed the tassels lol. His name was George Gordon. Influential fellow.
edit on 26-10-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Well, I'm glad I could offer you some insight into what I believe. The people that are still following those ordinances just don't know much Bible, in my opinion. On the other hand, if there ARE people that do them, the verse still applies, I believe, in the negative :

"Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:"

So we shouldn't hate them or judge them that do those things, we're just to show them what the Bible says about it and move on. Although yeah, it's silly. But it has nothing to do with a persons salvation, either in the positive or the negative. Know what I'm sayin'?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
OP, I'm sorry for going so off topic in your thread, but I just don't have it in me to just read over what I believe is something that someone says falsely about God or the Bible.

As far as your actual thread and OP, it honestly sounds a little too esoteric and deep for me. 2 different God's in the OT, and calling the Holy Spirit a woman? I just don't know... You make lots of threads and it's alot to comprehend.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I don't tell people they hate God because they disagree with me. They disagree with the Bible. The Bible plainly says

So, disagreement is equal to hate?

If disagreement = hate, then that must mean that agreement = love.

This would mean that your god did not "so Loved the world" and that your god is not Love, but that your God hates the world and is hatred.

Again, it isn't "my interpretation."
It's what the Bible says.

Every bible believing christian says the same thing, even when they disagree with each other.

It's impossible for anyone to obey all of God's laws and commandments. That was kind of the point of Jesus coming.

So you believe that it was destiny for your god to kill his own son for the forgiveness of sins and for humanity to be sinful and for the majority to go to hell. That isn't love. So many contradictions.

And based on your past few posts, it seems like you're cherry-picking from leviticus. That's hypocritical.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

I don't tell people they hate God because they disagree with me. They disagree with the Bible. The Bible plainly says

So, disagreement is equal to hate?
No. The Bible says that they hate God. Did you just decide to break my post down and reply to it without even reading it? In your haste to respond to me here, you didn't even quote the verse that I quoted in that response. You just cut it off and, like a child, said "So, disagreement is equal to hate?"

No. You just don't have basic reading and comprehension skills. The point of my post that you so brutishly cut off, was to explain exactly who, are the haters of God.
The haters of God are : Those who hold the truth in unrighteousness. They know who God is. They've been told. They can look at the world and know that there is a God. They are without excuse. They have the Bible. They've had the Gospel of Jesus Christ preached to them.

But they don't glorify him as God. They've become vain in their imaginations regarding God. Professing themselves wise, they became fools. They changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image like corruptible man. They changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever and ever, amen.

If disagreement = hate, then that must mean that agreement = love.

This would mean that your god did not "so Loved the world" and that your god is not Love, but that your God hates the world and is hatred.

This doesn't even make sense.

Again, it isn't "my interpretation."
It's what the Bible says.

Every bible believing christian says the same thing, even when they disagree with each other.
I've never seen disagreement between Bible believing, faith on Jesus Christians. Show me

It's impossible for anyone to obey all of God's laws and commandments. That was kind of the point of Jesus coming.

So you believe that it was destiny for your god to kill his own son for the forgiveness of sins and for humanity to be sinful and for the majority to go to hell. That isn't love. So many contradictions.
You don't get to define what love is. You also have no understanding of free-will.

And based on your past few posts, it seems like you're cherry-picking from leviticus. That's hypocritical.
What are you even talking about? I didn't even bring up Leviticus, another poster did. I just addressed his points regarding it. How is that "cherry-picking"?

I'm done talking to you.
edit on 27-10-2014 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I lack comprehension and reading skills and yet you don't understand MY post. Oh well. I guess it's useless to carry on this conversation. If you want to leave the narrow path to follow an imperfect false god of destruction then that is your choice. I just pray you don't deceive any souls to follow that same dark path.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Wow. You don't even understand how or why you don't understand.
I understood your post completely. It was just garbage, and plainly wrong, with nothing to back it up. You just said a bunch of things, with a few non-sequiturs, even.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Sorry man, I actually believe the Bible.
The only reason anything is true, or just, or fair, is based off the Bible.
Not our own understanding.

Well you can believe whatever you like...

At this point you've actually crossed the line from "bible believing Christian" into Fanatical assumptive Westboro Baptist Church style idiocy... simply trying to casually insult other posters

SO it really doesn't matter what you say or believe anymore

As I've said before... Stick with your saviour Paul...

You don't have half the understanding of these issues needed to deal with me... and I have no more patience for you

Good luck

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Would you be surprised if I told you that the feeling was mutual? Seems like any thread I'm in, you're always there.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

God saves.
The Law of Moses, or what we call the Old Testament, represents a principle of how God goes about saving.
That sort of thing does not just go into oblivion with the advent of the New Testament.
Jesus did not break the Law so much as to become condemned by the Law through the doings of the people who were themselves supposed to be those who were to uphold the Law and to properly interpret it.

Fair enough... Except the people of the OT did not know God...

The sheep are lost without the shepherd...

IF Jesus broke the law he is condemned by it, and guilty of transgression... but we know he was sinless so that can not be...

HE did not break the royal law... He loved all...

HE did however, break the laws of moses, which were not laws given by God but by man... in which case there is no transgression according to God...

Thus as I've stated, he was not talking about the laws of Moses when he said "not one jot or tittle shall in no wise pass from the law"

As it is written, upon the two commandments hang all the law and the prophets...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Wow. You don't even understand how or why you don't understand.
I understood your post completely. It was just garbage, and plainly wrong,

By calling my post "garbage", you are calling my God garbage. I'm pretty sure if I called a post where you're talking about your god "garbage" that would be unacceptable on this forum.

I do not believe in your god and I believe your god is a false image but I don't call your post "crazy" or "garbage" because I know that is against the rules. I simply explain why your "god" is against God (who is Love).
edit on 27-10-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Not in the least... I get it from many of your typical Christians

Most of which get banned eventually because they can not control their anger...which says a lot about who they are

Unfortunately for you, that statement doesn't make a lick of sense considering your posts in the past few pages

Sorry man... You're lost... but again it is my hope that you see the light one day and flee from the darkness that you exude

edit on 27-10-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

I wouldn't say that I'm feeling angry, nor do most of the others. Extreme frustration. We believe people are going to hell. We take it very seriously. When you show someone again, and again, and again, and again, and again.... It gets really frustrating.

You can't fault someone for very badly wanting that someone might ask God to save their soul...

I mean you can, but it shows a pretty big lack of empathy.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

You might as well have called Him garbage. Hateful, fake, unmerciful, etc.etc.etc...

I thought garbage was a pretty nice word for it.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Amazingly enough I feel the same way...

I can't stand to see Christians stuck in their delusions... My Girlfriend is one of them and it breaks my heart!!

SO much so that I have been following her down this rabbit hole of delusion in the hopes that one day she may see the reality of "the bible"...

So please... don't speak to me of Frustration

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

You might as well have called Him garbage. Hateful, fake, unmerciful, etc.etc.etc...

I thought garbage was a pretty nice word for it.

I didn't call your jealous god "garbage" for a reason. Not just because it's against the forums rules but because God uses Hatred as a learning tool. When people live from hatred they experience the fruits/consequences of their actions (revenge/wars/violence. God is Love and wants people to learn that He is The Truth and The Life. Hatred, jealousy, wars, violence all leads to destruction.

They can learn the easy way by choosing Love/God NOW...

Or they can learn the hard way by not living through Love/The Spirit but instead cause drama, violence, and destruction.

You can't plant thorns in the ground and think you're going to get grapes.

edit on 27-10-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

That's terrible man. Actively trying to lead your girlfriend astray. By the way you say "I've been following her down this rabbit hole" leads me to believe that all the research and study and spirituality that you've done has been for the express purpose of trying to lead your girlfriend to hell.
That's rough man. Just let her believe on Jesus Christ. I'm sure she's still a good/decent person, right? What does it matter to you? She must be doing what you want from humanity, or you wouldn't be with her...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join