It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is So Bad About Western Societies That Individuals Freak Out Into Terrorists???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Thanks for your reply.

I'm just puzzled why the U.S. - the richest country in the world and still a Superpower (just barely) - has so many young people with "everything", who still want to run off and join foreign civil wars. Maybe that's part of the appeal of Superheros I noted in a post above: A desire to be noble, heroic and involved as a Force for Good.

edit on 23-10-2014 by MKMoniker because: clarify

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Thanks for your reply:

"Honestly, I don't know. I think its a combination of brainwashing and education."

That's certainly the place to start. Plus an understanding that a "shadow government" of Elitists has been jerking our chain since VietNam, and nothing Team Obama does makes any sense.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Thank you for your reply!

"In today's world of misguided secularists and atheists as well as a growing Agnosicism in society, the supporting mental scaffolding that held there society together is being torn down by them, and this leaves the greater majority of people totally rudderless and prone to being tempted by persuasive cults."

I agree with your assessment of our "rudderless society", due to our religions under vicious attack by the Atheists. Like they say in Psychology, "You can't tear out a base support, without putting something in as a replacement." I've had very intelligent and cordial debates on-line with atheist scientists, who cannot accept "supernatural forces" or just "faith" to explain how the universe works.

BUT they are raising their children with spiritual sense of morality and ethics, and the understanding that "all actions have consequences", which aligns with the scientific idea that "every action has an opposite reaction." And they DON'T go out of their way to bash others' beliefs or religions.

But most of the Atheists are homosexuals, who consider atheism to be their personal "get out of jail free" card. I've debated them on-line, and they have totally dismissed even the idea of Good and Evil, thinking all actions are just "momentary opinions." And they are always - LOUDLY - bashing all religions and belief systems, since they can't handle the idea of Personal Responsibility, or eventually atoning for all your actions - whether from a Just God or in future lifetimes.

All this messes with kids' heads too. And since evil is usually the easier path in life, that's the way they start to drift.

edit on 23-10-2014 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I find it ironic that in movies like Star Wars and Red Dawn we root for the rebels or the under dogs that fight against the powerful establishments in place. In real life, however, we fail to see our participation in these power structures and demonize those that actively fight against them.

To those that hate the West, it is viewed as an evil "empire" -- and they see themselves as nothing less than rebel-hero's fighting for their way of life.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: seabhac-rua
The OP's question reminds me of that woman screaming "why do they hate us???" on 9/11.

There are many answers to this question, obvious answers.

Look at Western society in general, do you like what you see?

Then think about the effects that radical religious ideas and themes have on young impressionable minds.

I could go on.

That's the answer that's been forced on us by the .gov in the name of patriotism.

The classic "they hate our free way of life!" mantra. It's baloney.

To quote River Tam... We meddle. People don't like to be meddled with.

Our foreign policy is responsible for terrorist attacks in the U.S.

There's a good reason you don't see them attacking other "free" westernized countries. If it was really about our ideals and our "freedom," they'd be attacking Amsterdam daily.
edit on 10/23/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker

Thank you for your reply!

"In today's world of misguided secularists and atheists as well as a growing Agnosicism in society, the supporting mental scaffolding that held there society together is being torn down by them, and this leaves the greater majority of people totally rudderless and prone to being tempted by persuasive cults."

I agree with your assessment of our "rudderless society", due to our religions under vicious attack by the Atheists. Like they say in Psychology, "You can't tear out a base support, without putting something in as a replacement." I've had very intelligent and cordial debates on-line with atheist scientists, who cannot accept "supernatural forces" or just "faith" to explain how the universe works.

BUT they are raising their children with spiritual sense of morality and ethics, and the understanding that "all actions have consequences", which aligns with the scientific idea that "every action has an opposite reaction." And they DON'T go out of their way to bash others' beliefs or religions.

But most of the Atheists are homosexuals, who consider atheism to be their personal "get out of jail free" card. I've debated them on-line, and they have totally dismissed even the idea of Good and Evil, thinking all actions are just "momentary opinions." And they are always - LOUDLY - bashing all religions and belief systems, since they can't handle the idea of Personal Responsibility, or eventually atoning for all your actions - whether from a Just God or in future lifetimes.

All this messes with kids' heads too. And since evil is usually the easier path in life, that's the way they start to drift.

There's so much wrong with your post, I don't even know where to begin.

Instead of addressing it line by line, I'll just say: you're what's wrong with religion.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: MKMoniker

Simple, like all society's our societys where founded mainly by people of faith and there is a deep human need for something to believe in and for a religion to adhere to as it gives a person and there society a framework that allows them to know where they are in relation to a greater purpose (if only an idea where they stand), it also give's them a moral power above even there highest superior in a society and acts to tie a society together.

In todays world of misguided secularists and atheists as well as a growing Agnosicism in society the supporting mental scaffolding that held there society together is being torn down by them and this leaves the greater majority of people totally rudderless and prone to being tempted by persuasive cults and other world religions such as Islam with it's indoctrination from childhood and it's army like penaltys agains those who would desert it, even though it is at heart an evil doctrine far inferior on the humane scale to the textual doctrine of christianity it has found many ready converts amond the rudderless mass of society left floundering by this secularis/atheist attack on society and society's new spiritless and souless nature of greed is good.

I am a christian by the way but Buddhism and Hinduism also have there problems with the former being the only religion beside christianity (though it is actually a spiritual philosophy rather than a religion dependant upon interpretation) that I think has merit.

You're actually implying that atheists and agnostics have created Islamic terrorists?

Are you mad?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
whatever OP...a little reinforcement, huh?

they aren't freaking out...they are just following orders, just like you are just following orders.

they are choosing to go out guns blazing instead of taking a few tranquilizers and sinking slowly into a warm bath.

the people you are reading about ARE the criminals that were committing crimes against humanity elsewhere in the world and in the west.

its all they do, all they time, all the same people. and even still they are trying to convince someone that they are really good and that this is all someone else's fault even though they are the ones running around shooting and killing and being shot and killed and encouraging others to do the same.

and they always find others that are willing to hurt themselves and get nothing at all in return for it.
edit on 23-10-2014 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Exactly, well said. We are raising children who are empty.

I see over and over from members on this forum that parents of faith ought not raise their children in their faith but let the children make their own way. The obvious hope these individuals have, of course, if that the children will grow up absent of faith and perfect little atheists, but clearly, in some cases, these children grow up to fill themselves with other things like radical Islam and of course, some go into their parents' faith and others fill their lives with causes as though the cause were a faith.

But human beings do have a deep-seated need to believe in something greater than themselves. This is why so many government the world over work so hard to control what their people believe religiously and why America was such a unique place in allowing the people freedom of belief.

edit on 23-10-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

The problem is the massive line in the sand. Islamist are shown to hate infidels and the US and allies are seen as infidels even in a free society. I'm don't follow any religion but I know not to trust my government and don't agree with our foreign policy, how do you think a recent convert to islam with a previous criminal record feels about the US and its allies?

Do you think its crazy that a man would rush any capital in the name of Islam?

What i don't get is how people living in places like Canada and seeing places controlled by sharia law can actually want that type of lifestyle... people are crazy
edit on 23-10-2014 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

You do know that most of the young people leaving modern non-Muslim countries and joining the Jihad in the ME aren't from the US right?

This topic, like many others believe it or not, doesn't revolve around America. Other countries beside the USA have suffered at the hands of Islamic terrorism, look it up.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker

It's twisted BEE-ESS like this which makes people flee your country or go insane in their mind.

You insanity claiming Atheists are homosexuals who use Atheism as a "get out of jail free" card is as insane as what's going on in some ISIS member's heads. Ironically, you use sort-of the same irrational twisted argumentation like radical Islamists do. Do you even realize that?

YOU, yes YOU are the prime example where I can see it happening that a person like you has children, and the children literally becoming nuts in their heads and rebel as soon as they can and join such radical groups. Nothing comes from nothing.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
Many Western terrorists are also recent converts to Islam, and may, in their honeymoon period, become easily influenced by extreme factors and interpretations.

Behind all these nutters are people drip, drip, dripping the poison in. Some people believe everything they are told. Whether this is by some imam peaching hate at the local mosque, or the pernicious impact of hours glued to the dross on Youtube. The impact is the same - a warped worldview.

Weak people who are influenced and persuaded to do evil acts.

Regards

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
It's part of a cycle of violence. When someone grows up and sees the military of a country that claims to be free blow up everyone they knew or loved, destroys their country's infrastructure and just all around makes a mess of the place; you are going to be more than a little pissed off about it regardless of what the country stands for and provides to its people. This is why anyone who tells you that we need to make war to have peace is lying through their teeth. The only peace obtained through war, is temporary.

Give this one a bump because I don't know what more could be said.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I find it ironic that in movies like Star Wars and Red Dawn we root for the rebels or the under dogs that fight against the powerful establishments in place. In real life, however, we fail to see our participation in these power structures and demonize those that actively fight against them.

To those that hate the West, it is viewed as an evil "empire" -- and they see themselves as nothing less than rebel-hero's fighting for their way of life.

WHat you're missing is the perspective of "good v. evil." In a moral relativist worldview, it's easy to see any smaller force fighting a larger one as the default force to fight for without weighing how they fight. I'm not sure why anyone would want to sign up to fight for a group of people who behead folks and are actively working to eradicate minority religious groups like the Yahzidis by killing the men and raping the women.

But in a morally relativist worldview, it's all a matter of perspective. Isn't it?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

The problem is the massive line in the sand. Islamist are shown to hate infidels and the US and allies are seen as infidels even in a free society. I'm don't follow any religion but I know not to trust my government and don't agree with our foreign policy, how do you think a recent convert to islam with a previous criminal record feels about the US and its allies?

Do you think its crazy that a man would rush any capital in the name of Islam?

What i don't get is how people living in places like Canada and seeing places controlled by sharia law can actually want that type of lifestyle... people are crazy

When US is used as a mercenary squad kill people for profit for Saudi Arabian interest in the middle east this is what happens. Salafi/Wahabbi spreading from Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. US is creating the Salafi/Wahabbi mess by making moderate Sunni become more extremist and fundamentalistic. And citizens are too ignorant of who the players are to see that they are in fact making the problem worse with their action and that if US wanted to fix the real problem their actions would have been very different. It is house of Saud who tells US what to do not US who is the boss in this case. The petrodollar blackmail have US by the balls and your politicians cannot do anything but push the problem towards the future instead of dealing with it.

Our Allies in the ME Funded and Nurtured ISIS

Sometimes even politicians go to far telling the real situation and have to apologize for revealing the truth.

Face it Saudi Arabia and Turkey are using ISIS and sometimes even supporting them directly since the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Turkey wants the gas pipe line thru Syria and no matter who many people dies from ISIS in Syria Assad must be removed from Turkeys point to suit the economic interest of Turkey as a hub for gas distribution to the EU.
edit on 23-10-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: seabhac-rua

You do know that most of the young people leaving modern non-Muslim countries and joining the Jihad in the ME aren't from the US right?

This topic, like many others believe it or not, doesn't revolve around America. Other countries beside the USA have suffered at the hands of Islamic terrorism, look it up.

I'm well aware of both points.

Terrorists tend to attack countries and allies of those countries who have meddled in Middle Eastern affairs for the better part of a century... that was my point.

It's not the western way of life they want to attack, it's the western tendency to interfere and meddle in the affairs of others that upsets people so much.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I don't know if that is correct.

Most if not all jihadis travelling to the ME to take up arms are doing so to expand the so called 'caliphate' that ISIS have established.

There are a multitude of videos online of these young men expressing their wish to conquer the 'West', that means everybody, not just the US and her allies. Yes they issue threats to the coalition countries, which BTW is now over 40 nations, but they also eventually want world domination. Obviously coalition countries are ISIS's main military targets, but where will they stop? There is no treating with them. We can also see different Islamic militants around the globe aligning themselves with ISIS and carrying out their own violent acts, yes this has been going on for years but now the phenomena that is ISIS seems to be galvanising these extremist groups, the black flag of ISIS is being toted in many places.

The subjects of democracy, secularism, free-speech, homosexuality, equal rights for women, freedom of religion, apostasy, atheism, music, alcohol etc. are all concepts they wish to eradicate by violence.

ISIS represent an expansionist totalitarian system, their mandate is to dominate. If it was a case of just leaving them alone, that would be great, but that's not the case unfortunately.

Edit: And yes, ISIS and their ilk are the product of, and the reaction to, another totalitarian system, that is the foreign policies of the US, the UK and other western countries since the end of WW2, and back further if you wish. This doesn't make them right though, this doesn't make their cause a worthy one.
edit on 24-10-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
double post
edit on 24-10-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

"You're actually implying that atheists and agnostics have created Islamic terrorists? Are you mad?"

I neither said nor implied that. What was being discussed was a general breakdown of religions and spiritual paths, based on the onslaught of loud, obnoxious Atheists and Agnostics (who are mostly homosexual). Young People today see religion or religious thought being made fun of constantly in the media, and strange, obsessive people trying to stomp out all sense of ethics, morality and even the reality of Good versus Evil.

I know the CIA has a long history of meddling in "regime change" all over the world. THIS is why Third World countries hate the U.S., because they end up with lesser leaders who are beholden to the U.S. But these Third World countries are also have stronger religious bases from which to rally and rail against U.S. interventionism and meddling. And in a superficial sense, Western young people see them as believing passionately in SOMETHING, which is the total opposite of the U.S. being whip-lashed by an irresponsible, hysterical lamestream media, and "teams" of the greedy and corrupt non-leaders running Washington DC these days.

And then there's the theory that homosexual child molesters (who are powerful and rampant in most MidEast countries) are at the root of Jihadism. Old men "adopt" pretty-boys and molest them for decades. Grown up and gender-confused, these young Middle Eastern men are outcastes and filled with rage. They can't attack these old molesters - who are mostly dead by then - so they turn their fury on the most overbearing and paternalistic power on the planet - the U.S.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join