It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC to issue new guidelines for healthcare workers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
As someone on the front lines I have been watching this with interest. At present the CDC guidelines allow hospitals some flexibility in how they provide isolation gear and what is required. The new guidelines eliminate that plus require 100% coverage with no exposed areas, and require a "manager" for doffing the gear which IMHO is critical. In my role however, it will simply be impossible to fly in the chopper or the aircraft with this gear on AND maintain 100% isolation so unless the CDC has anymore of their nifty G-III's lying around going up in the air is out of the question.

Also as far as I can tell no hospital in Northern California is ready now let alone with the new requirements. I would be interested in other Health care types if that's the same in your areas?

CDC to issue Ebola guidelines for healthcare workers as soon as today

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

From what I've read, only a few hospitals are actually set up to handle diseases such as Emory Hosp. in Atlanta

That was why the problems in Texas, because they were unprepared and not equipped to handle the case

One example I read which made a lot of sense was in comparing it to a Burn Unit
Having hospitals that specialize with burns, well that's pretty much the same thing with Ebola

General hospitals just aren't ready for something like that yet

The lady in Spain that got it only had 30 minutes of training....need more than that evidently

We'll see how these so-called guidelines go before they alter them some more
Hopefully there will be no more cases here...hopefully

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Have you guys wondered why Fema camps where created and named ebola on the paper they made?

join