It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks Obamacare for my 68% premium increase!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
A little back-up story for the thread:

The Affordable Care Act was supposed to make health care more affordable, but a newly released study of insurance policies before and after Obamacare shows that average premiums have skyrocketed, for some groups by as much as 78 percent.

Average insurance premiums in the sought-after 23-year-old demographic rose most dramatically, with men in that age group seeing an average 78.2 percent price increase before factoring in government subsidies, and women having their premiums rise 44.9 percent, according to a report by HealthPocket scheduled for release Wednesday.

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
One brave soul has taken upon himself to go against the Obama Administration's request to NOT release 2015 health insurance premiums until after the mid-term election next week.

He's still adding increases on a state-by-state basis daily. Maybe your state is now updated.

Go To: www.ValuePenguin.com and click on "Health Insurance" and then on your state.

-cwm
edit on 10/31/2014 by carewemust because: word correction for clarity

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra
Yes, my premiums has been sky rocketing for years before the new system, which is why I changed over. And the insurance company kept offering a lot of other crap to make it seem like a good deal, stuff I didn't need.... discounts to this store or that store, travel discounts... things that had nothing to do with plain and simple health insurance. One year I made $400 and change over the annual income limit and instead of the price going up in a ratio, it went up over a third to about 28% of my income. We all know its flawed as is but at least its something to tweak instead of just relying on "Market" values determined not by competitiveness to lower costs but almost a collusion in everyone raising costs to the people. Just today a friend who is 78 said her insurance supplement along with her Medicare had gone up and she asked me how people with worse finances dealt with it. She owns her own one bedroom house, has no car, and lives on social security but squirreled at least some money away. I just said they don't. They make hard choices. The prescriptions they need vs the food they need vs the utilities they need and taxes that must be paid.... while millionaires and billionaires still collect their unneeded social security instead of donating back into the system to help out the less fortunate. Its a lopsided economic society and we should have access to decent health care even if it means some supplemental taxes on those that can very very easily afford it. I work for the millionaires and billionaires and in their homes of which they might own 10. I am not saying they shouldn't be able to buy what they want, though I do question their choices, but they can afford to help out others more than they do when they get so bored with their money they just buy another of something they already have anyway. How many yachts are enough?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Yes and welcome to hope and change!

Hope you will at least have some change for a can of beans when its all over that is!

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Slightly off topic:

On the first page of this thread *insane* fees were mentioned. Hundreds of dollars per month, skyrocketing to close to 1000$ or even above?!!

So in the USA health care is THAT unaffordable?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Haven't you caught on yet?

The illegal aliens are by the regulation prevented from buying insurance from the ACA exchange so to cover the loss from these overly fertile disease bearing invaders you and everyone else who buys insurance has to pay for them.

They still get the heath care but you and me pay for it and they never see a bill, they would not pay it even if they did.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I had no insurance before obamacare/AMA and I was ineligible for it afterward it was passed.

My new employment now provides for me and my spouse but I don't make enough to pay for my children to have insurance. So they are on medicare for the time being.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Insurance companies are the banks, banks are insurance companies, Health, Auto, Life they all use the money to finance.

you need to locate the connection of banks and insurance companies to see who is really behind this and making the most money off of it.

by the way, has everyone noticed that Gas and fuel prices dropped but food prices increased? what's up with that?

edit on 25-11-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Tried to sign up today. Picked my plan, same plan really, but can actually use the marketplace for a subsidy, unlike being tricked by the insurer direct last time.

Lost my email registration secondary proof goes invalid , says call an operator. Automatically goes to a recording saying leave number and confirm number again, this is a place holder for a phone call in up to 5 to 7 days. Pick AM or PM for this call. WTF? Now I have to carry my cell and my info with me everywhere and hope I got a signal wherever I am at.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: hibbity

And hope if you have to go to an emergency room, there's no signs that say "no cell phones allowed".

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra
My plan isn't a Cadillac plan. It covers me, my wife and 2 boys with an 80/20 plan with unlimited doctor visits at reasonable co-pays. I almost fell over when I saw the premium is going to be raised from $520 a month to $877 a month.

$877/month for 4 people? That's $10,524/year (or $2,631/year per person). I didn't see - is that after your employer pays a share?

Not great, but it could certainly be worse - think back a few years ago.

Prior to the preexisting condition crap going away with the phase-in of Obamacare, I had classmates back in college who were for one reason or another unable to get normal health insurance due to preexisting conditions (type 1 diabetes, asthma, etc) . Some could get catastrophic insurance coverage - at a cost of $400/month or more... for him or her alone.

That era was sick and messed the hell up. Not that I'm a fan of Obamacare, but realize that you were getting cheaper insurance before because insurers only wanted to cover people unlikely to really need insurance - minimal cost and mostly profit for them.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
JULY 6, 2015

The upcoming 2016 premium increases are going to be a doozy too. Even the group premiums are going to increase by more than 10%. It's insane what ObamaScare has wrought!

The quote of the day has to come from a Texas Insurance official who said that the 32% premium increase expected in that state proves that there is a lot of pent up demand for ObamaCare. More Demand = Higher Costs. Economics101.

There's a way to verbally "spin" everything isn't there!

-cwm

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Too many people getting a free ride on the system. So those of us that work and do not qualify for free or subsidized health care get to pay more. You should be honored to care for your fellow humans. Your family doesn't need that money anyway.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra
a reply to: ausername

LOL! National POS....That is exactly what Obamacare is. I too had the nightmare a year ago. I can't afford to pay for my doctor's and meds and the ridiculous cost of the insurance. With deductibles and premiums, I would have to pay for all my meds and doctors anyway as a result of the deductible being so high. I can't do both no way. So, I am without. I also got an exemption from paying the fine for financial hardship as a result of O-care really. One of my docs went from $95 to $175 a visits a result of O-care not paying doctors as much.

The only people helped by O-care is the government/IRS and the insurance industry. I have been offered 4 jobs in the insurance industry recently. It is a TRAVESTY for the majority. With 300 million people in the size of the US mainland, a socialized healthcare system like the smaller EU countries have will not work and people are seeing it now. Just imagine if Obama got his other $1.2 Trillion in taxes passed through Congress.

The writing is on the wall folks. There is a Russian PhD which I can't recall right now that believes the US will split up into 4 countries. Perhaps he knows something we don't, but the Progressive states like California are broke and jobs leaving for states like Texas will be what their policies do to the US as a whole.

edit on 6/7/15 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

My husband's plan was hit with an over 100% increase in 2010 BEFORE we had a kid or anyone knew we were going to have one.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
The writing is on the wall folks. There is a Russian PhD which I can't recall right now that believes the US will split up into 4 countries. Perhaps he knows something we don't, but the Progressive states like California are broke and jobs leaving for states like Texas will be what their policies do to the US as a whole.

I don't understand why people keep saying jobs and people are leaving California. Some people and jobs are leaving, but it almost all wage laborers and small businesses. Do billionaires want to live in Texas? As far as I can tell they don't. Where is Mark zuckerberg's main residence? Where did Steve Jobs live?

California Has More Billionaires Than Every Country Except The U.S. And China

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sophie111609

Just truly sad that it has come to this
What happens if we really get sick???

Well..I would suggest that you do everything possible to avoid getting sick. Or hurt. And if you were born with a penis but really wanted tits, I wouldn't hold my breath too long. Those who rule us will get around to covering (making everyone pay to support) this disease before too long, and I hereby predict that to protest otherwise will become a 'hatecrime'; but in the interim, it might be prudent to just earn your own MD in plastic surgery. As such, you will certainly be able to afford Obamacare premiums. Probably get all kind of scholarships too if you specialize in genitalia 'reassignment'.

Since our existential being is an open system, this means that we have a certain amount of influence over our health, by virtue, for instance, of what goes into, and out of, our mouths. But that's just one aspect of it. It also means you'll have to take up the slack of everyone on the road who plays Captain Kirk with their collar, especially the texting addicts, and those with miniaturized e-devices, in order to lessen the odds of yourself becoming physically injured. They are blissfully unaware of just how many meters fly by their windscreen per second. Until it's too late. I'll bet some of them die while trying to erase their text history, right after calling paramedics.

Just assume that there are cops everywhere, itching to mobilize on a human, on anything that so much as breathes, literally, and that everyone but you (cops included) is playing with themselves behind the wheel, while looking for a person to rape into total submission and sado-masochistic bondage (especially cops) and that anyone of them might be seized with an uncontrollable climax, or desire to shoot at you multiple times, or to plow head on into your windscreen, front or rear or side, and at any time, and that many of them, dependent on their 'minutes' plan, are capable of multiple orgasms as well. Assume Everything is Being Watched and Recorded but none of it will help you except until after the purge, when it becomes apparent that you are assigned your places, based on whatever group that seizes power, seizes this system we have allowed, decides, from said records. Maybe then we'll get flying cars.

So, limiting your horseplay, and recognizing it in others, are hereby de rigeur. Don't take shortcuts in the machine shop. Take no chances with those limbs. Check everything twice and wear those safety glasses! Btw, scrap does not belong under a die being set up in the presse. I'll add that it's probably a good idea to not litter, or anything else you know to be wrong. It's part of the 'plan'.

Now I realize that 'not getting sick or hurt' isn't for everyone. So why should you listen to this?

The short answer is because those who are relying on anything but this travesty of legislation in order to remain whole, are essentially paying, paying into the whole bureaucracy, by point of gun, for those who do. I love saying stuff today, that will be illegal tomorrow. And I would love to know, for every dollar spent on a patient, how many thousand went into a bureaucrat's pocket. This part will only become worse and worse. Cancer does one thing and one thing only. It grows. That is why even a cent extorted from those who do not participate in the scam, a cent that is guaranteed never to become more, is nonetheless a penny too many. It starts out as a BB pellet, and soon becomes an ACP 45.

The long answer isn't possible. Tried this before. Whatever the topic. Machine freezes, and bad.

# 470
edit on 6-7-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join