It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's about time, officially a member =D

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Hello all!

Finally excited to join this website! Similar to many other people, I have been a long time lurker and finally decided to bite the bullet and create an account. Well, just wanted to tell you all a little bit about myself, I'm a fourth year medical student. I can tell you all as an aspiring physician, I am amazed to learn more about the people I come in contact with. Rotating through many hospitals, living in many places, such as NYC, Miami, and the UK, I have seen that many physicians have lost their humanity. Anyhow, I am excited to join the ATS family and I really appreciate the creators of this website. I do not want to make this a rant regarding the unjust healthcare system of the USA, just wanted to give everyone a brief introduction. May you all be granted longevity and a healthy life.

Nadius

P.S. I have learned in medical school to question everything, and I am happy to be amongst you all. My mind has been opened!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Nadius

hiya and welcome

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Welcome to the community! We are happy to have you!

Have fun and stay questioning.

I hope to see you on the boards.

I am glad to see an aspiring physician with a willing struggle to keep his humanity. Nice.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Hey welcome aboard

Medical student eh? Well you know about our "topic we name not" policy right?

The word starts with E and rhymes sorta with Riccola (you know that cough drop thingy)

cheers

Either way glad to have you here, have fun!
-Joking about the topic we name not thing btw ...

edit on 17-10-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: thishereguy

Thanks a lot mate! Hope all is well, time to start navigating through these forums!

link   

Welcome aboard fellow former lurker!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Welcome to the ATS family! Glad you decided to take the plunge and become a member

Looking forward to seeing you around on the boards

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

Haha, the unspeakable virus, the deadliest known to man, yes indeed! After doing an infectious disease rotation, I can assure you that the CDC is lying about its mode of transmission. It is true that it is spread with infected bodily fluids, but what they are not telling the people that it is AIRBORNE. There is no absolute way 4,000+ people have been infected in a short amount of time if it was not AIRBORNE. Any infected bodily fluid, including nasal secretions, can transmit the virus. I cannot stress it enough.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Save that info until you get enough replies on your first post to create a thread, (I think that's how it works) Don't waste what you have to say on introductions as they often get looked over.
Actually I think You have to make twenty posts? Damn. Beer time..

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

How bout them Royals? (I rarely watch baseball)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nadius
I do not want to make this a rant regarding the unjust healthcare system of the USA, just wanted to give everyone a brief introduction.

What?
No rant?
You're no fun.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

I shall leave that for another post! =D

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Hah I wish I watched baseball, I am more of a soccer fanatic, nothing gets better than a good game of futbol!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Me-Golf.
All it takes is one good drive (250+yards) and you're hooked.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Hi Nadius.

Rotating through many hospitals, living in many places, such as NYC, Miami, and the UK, I have seen that many physicians have lost their humanity.

Interesting point. I know you are the real thing. Have you ever seen "Patch Adams"?

its just a movie but what you said brought it to mind. Worth a look.

Enjoy learning, I know I have.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I had a few friends who have recently started golf and they say its probably the most peaceful sport out there. I should try to go for mini-golf one day, sounds pretty epic.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Hey mate, I have not seen the movie, I am definitely going to check it out, what is the movie about? Yeah, its very unfortunate nowadays, the physicians come in, charge the patient for an MRI that they do not need, and put an unnecessary amount of money into their own pockets. Hence, the healthcare system here. Its horrible to see the medical profession succumb to money. Heartbreaking might I say.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Hello and welcome to ATS!

How can you be a med student and have time to post on ATS? THAT is the question of the day.. lol

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
WELCOME to ATS

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Hi Nadius,

Welcome to ATS.

For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Using the new features and and functions of ATS.5/3

ATS Guidelines, Etiquette, and more

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Signature Guidelines

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Enjoy your time here.

Blaine91555
Forum Mod

new topics

top topics