It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sources: ISIS training to fly warplanes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

(CNN) - ISIS has three warplanes in northern Syria, and former Iraqi military officers are training members of the Sunni Islamist militant group to fly them, a Syrian opposition group said Friday. The planes are at the Al-Jarrah military airport east of the contested city of Aleppo, the London-based Syrian opposition group Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reports, citing sources in Syria.

Warplanes? Great, terrorist flying warplanes. You gotta be kidding me...

All still unverified, hopefully it's untrue.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

The planes are at the Al-Jarrah military airport east of the contested city of Aleppo…

Do tell, CNN. Like if that were the least bit true that runway would be cratered and the planes bombed to dust long before the media ever got wind of it.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

The BBC has mentioned this as well.

I don't think they would last very long if they were to take to the skies, but if they were used for suicide missions, then that is something else all together.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Meh ... George Bush Jr. was a pilot himself.

or ...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
We should not be worried at their claimed ability to fly these planes. We should more concerned who is giving these men the training and planes to fly in the first place.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Sounds like a story that John McCain and Peter King came up with while sitting around getting high........

The bankers won't quit until Syria is taken down.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Will they be learning how to Land aircraft, or just the take off part?

Who can say False Flag, 3 times really fast!!!
It's actually quite difficult

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Guess the big question is, are they learning how to land the planes?

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Ha. I type too slow on this phone. Exactly!

edit on 10/17/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

lol great minds...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

That line of information is so unbelievable to me. I can't believe anyone would buy it. Jet fighter pilot training is rigorous and it takes many hours of training and simulations. It would be exceedingly difficult to even get a kamikaze mission to the target.

I just don't believe it's possible.

That said, this information was put out for a reason. I guess the backers of this "movement" understand what is needed to permanently hold territory. Helo's and M1's next, I guess. Maybe some BS about it being captured from the Iraqi army with user manuals included

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Of course they are learning to fly other wise how else could the USA and her allies implement a no fly zone over Syria. What a joke this bs is bringing democracy to Syria by bombing the chit out of every one.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The planes are at the Al-Jarrah military airport east of the contested city of Aleppo…

Do tell, CNN. Like if that were the least bit true that runway would be cratered and the planes bombed to dust long before the media ever got wind of it.

In the old days maybe but with all the 'hope and change' how many times have you seen a government official say, "First we heard of this was on the news"!

If they really wanted to destroy ISIS IMO it would have already been done... There is more to this than ISIS... Think Syria and the airstrikes that have been carried out.. It looks more like herding cats to me..

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

There is more to this than ISIS... Think Syria and the airstrikes that have been carried out..

Well, yah.

The ISIS air force, lol. I bet there are jets at that airport. Syrian ones.

Now connect the dots.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Sounds like a story that John McCain and Peter King came up with while sitting around getting high........

The bankers won't quit until Syria is taken down.

Nah, ISIS captured that airbase ages ago, they beheaded the Syrian CO and drove around with his head on the bonnet of a pickup truck. There were plenty of videos and pictures online at the time showing ISIS fighters posing beside these two Migs. The twist is that they may have found some ex-Syrian AF pilots who know how to fly them.
There's nothing unreal or fantastical about this report, everybody knew that these Migs had fallen into ISIS hands. I don't think anybody believed they'd get them airborne. Even if they have, and there are reports floating around that these jets have been spotted in the air, the back up and technical support needed to keep these jets flying full time is probably non-existent. But then again who knows how many ex-Syrian AF personnel they have either captured or enlisted.

edit on 17-10-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
What do you reckon will happen the first time one of these ISIS trainees comes up against a skilled US pilot in an F22??

I see it something like a cheetah after a baby gazelle.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
In one of the reports online, it said that the planes were flown for approximately 10 to 20 minutes at a time. The planes are not going very far and are practicing. They will need a lot more practice to be able to do anything useful. This so far equals a publicity stunt.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Yeah good luck with your three, ill-piloted, downgraded, poorly maintained Mig's ISIS.

www.dailymail.co.uk... rs.html

No matter how good Saddam's ex pilot's are, they're on no balance with anything of the modern world.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

This isn't news. 30....40....100 warplanes, that's a newsworthy threat.
I'm sick of hearing about ISIS.
As of the end of this post, that's it. No more discussion.

I've had it with the lies, the BS, the games, the propaganda.

ISIS is not worth my time.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
So the CIA, NSA, NORAD, DIA, Air Force can all see the fungus on your toe nails via satellite, yet ISIS is going manage to TRAIN extremists pilots how to fly warplanes all under the nose of these satellites? Is it me or does this sound just utterly STUPID? WHO THE FCK MAKES THIS SHT UP?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
or ...

You know you're in trouble when they call in Obomba.

Run to the hills now!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join