It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama authorizes use of National Guard to fight Ebola in W. Africa

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
To me, this feels like "Spanish Flu 2.0".

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Why the guard? Are we going to war is there a national threat(other than the media)? Why not UN, WHO or the Red Cross. If my memory serves me well the last time the US military performed humanitarian aid on the African continent it didn't go over so well.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
Why the guard? Are we going to war is there a national threat(other than the media)? Why not UN, WHO or the Red Cross. If my memory serves me well the last time the US military performed humanitarian aid on the African continent it didn't go over so well.

Maybe that's why these were ordered. Plus, today a hold was issued to hazmat suit manufacturers on sales, by our government. I think they plan on all hazmat suits going to them.

How Bad Could It Get? US Government Order Of 160,000 HazMat Suits Gives A Clue

Now that Ebola is officially in the US on an uncontrolled basis, the two questions on everyone's lips are i) who will get sick next and ii) how bad could it get?

We don't know the answer to question #1 just yet, but when it comes to the second one, a press release three weeks ago from Lakeland Industries, a manufacturer and seller of a "comprehensive line of safety garments and accessories for the industrial protective clothing market" may provide some insight into just how bad the US State Department thinks it may get. Because when the US government buys 160,000 hazmat suits specifically designed against Ebola, just ahead of the worst Ebola epidemic in history making US landfall, one wonders: what do they know the we don't?

ww.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-01/how-bad-could-it-get-us-government-order-160000-hazmat-suits-gives-clue

Des

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
So this been the major plan all along by the US gov. To create this Ebola scare and use it to justify raping Africa of its resources and depopulation tactics.

Smh Obama!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
China was taking over Africa, WAS!
we may see a war in Africa with china.

and with the gaurd out of US.
it is one small thing out of the way for a total goverment takover.

with the gaurd out of US,
if you get a panick/ riots.
who is left to look after US?
Obamas brown shirts!?

is this why they have been giving guns to ALL
goverment employees.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Maybe so, "The chosen few" lol, I meant more like the general unscrubbed public.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Must have missed it, when did the GOV order 160k hasmat suits? Which kind I wonder? That is really a small number when you think of them being used only once right?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

Just Another Unconstitutional Executive Oder by the Poser in Chief . Militarize a Medical Crisis , oh , that Makes Perfect Sense................;(

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Valhall

What? I have not run into you in far too long.

Terrible that it takes a tragedy to bump into you.

Ok, so it is a FACT that Obama and Friedman will not restrict flights from Africa, however I have read that our Troops will be quarantined overseas and not brought home for Medical treatment if they become infected over there.

My heart literally sinks and it is the line in the sand for me personally that we are to put our Troops in Harms way.

I understand why they chose the guard, that in a twisted sense they are protecting our Homeland by helping stop or at best slow down the rate of spread until the vaccines are ready. Even if they never came into close personal contact with the infected, there will most assuredly be contamination's and mistakes made that will jeopardize lives.

One solution could be to use skype video training sessions for healthcare workers and pamphlets for the general population.

Send them the portable tents and enough PPEs to make a difference.

Air drop, truck in food supplies, cleaning and sanitation bags, first aid and water. Have drop off areas under strict control and accountability.

Seems they lack the basic infrastructure to make any difference and I feel for them but 4000 troops will only cause more fear, anxiety and distrust in an already chaotic situation.

At best Vall this is not going to bode well for any of us when they cannot even trace the original source of this evolving virus. Hearing them guess and point the finger will not stop this and to find all of the bush people in hiding the African Preppers, Will be impossible.

Can you imagine the famine when all the animals, the bushmeats, birds, bats, dogs, cats etc are culled? No vaccination for them.

We need a point in the future where the Guard have a timeframe and exit strategy.

Anyway, would LOVE to hear what you think, what you are saying about all of this, come over for a cup of coffee !!!

Edit to add, why is Halliburton not building the facilities? Why use NG? Does not sit well...

edit on pm1031pmThu, 16 Oct 2014 23:35:04 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: bksl90
And seeing how Obama is a freemason, and as a freemason you have to promise to put the freemasons agenda above your own. makes u wanna not vote another freemason into the white house atleast. (if voting actually isn`t rigged)

Oh please. I don't know where you got your information of the Freemasons, but that is TOTALLY incorrect. The masonic order stresses FAMILY above all other things, including the brotherhood. So please let's not add the the fear mongering there by a lame attempt to link this to the Freemasons.

I know all of my masonic brothers would agree, and point out this blatant lie about the order. Let's try to keep this thread on-topic, about the president's authority to make this move.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I remember being appalled when Dubs sent the "National Guard" to Iraq & Afghanistan, thinking to myself: 'I've got a great idea...We should have a branch of the military dedicated to Guarding the Nation!'

Now here it's happening yet again. Anyone know if there's a long history of this, or if it's just the recent braniacs?

I'm sure they would explain it as protecting us by bringing democracy to Iraq, thus avoiding waking up to the vaunted Iraqi air force dropping fuel-air bombs on our heads, or that by positioning the Guard around Ebola hotspots as mapped out by a consortium of Halliburton & Shell execs, it will prevent the further spread of the virus in the US and Texas

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Valhall

Exactly....that why I said its the 1st step in a nasty proposition. Now if the boots get phone calls and texts to "get packing" asap? Look out and "katie bar the door"!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
U.N. trucks in Texas 4 months ago

U.N. trucks in Georgia 4 months ago

Military vehicles on a train in Atlanta, Georgia 10 days ago
www.facebook.com...

Caution strong language

Tank Convoy on train June 19th Atlanta, Georgia

edit on 19-10-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I can confirm that naval COBs (Captain of the boat) of nuclear submarines (and probably higher-ups in many other areas of the navy and military more generally) are having to choose individual marines to send to West Africa. It must be pretty hard on COBs each having to choose someone to send into that nightmare.

They are gathering troops in this way in order to avoid sending a bunch of people from the same town. That's to avoid the chances of some small American suburb or rural county enduring the tragedy of major losses.

Scary huh?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Squidleepie

I can confirm that naval COBs (Captain of the boat) of nuclear submarines (and probably higher-ups in many other areas of the navy and military more generally) are having to choose individual marines to send to West Africa. It must be pretty hard on COBs each having to choose someone to send into that nightmare.

They are gathering troops in this way in order to avoid sending a bunch of people from the same town. That's to avoid the chances of some small American suburb or rural county enduring the tragedy of major losses.

Scary huh?

And that is just something you heard?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
My girlfriend's stepdad is a retired COB of a US nuclear submarine. One of his close friends is still currently a COB of another sub. He said he had just been ordered to choose one of his men to send to West Africa. He also said it was happening throughout the military.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join