It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama authorizes use of National Guard to fight Ebola in W. Africa

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

So this is how it begins. they'll train there for the situation in the US

President Barack Obama authorized the Pentagon to call up members of the National Guard and other military reserve units on Thursday to help combat the spread of Ebola in West Africa.

RT
I'll update asap

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Executive Order: Ordering the Selected Reserve and Certain Individual Ready Reserve Members of the Armed Forces to Active Duty

EXECUTIVE ORDER

- - - - - - -

ORDERING THE SELECTED RESERVE AND CERTAIN INDIVIDUAL READY RESERVE MEMBERS OF THE ARMED FORCES TO ACTIVE DUTY

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including sections 121 and 12304 of title 10, United States Code, I hereby determine that it is necessary to augment the active Armed Forces of the United States for the effective conduct of Operation United Assistance, which is providing support to civilian-led humanitarian assistance and consequence management support related to the Ebola virus disease outbreak in West Africa. In furtherance of this operation, under the stated authority, I hereby authorize the Secretary of Defense, and the Secretary of Homeland Security with respect to the Coast Guard when it is not operating as a service in the Navy, under their respective jurisdictions, to order to active duty any units, and any individual members not assigned to a unit organized to serve as a unit of the Selected Reserve, or any member in the Individual Ready Reserve mobilization category and designated as essential under regulations prescribed by the Secretary concerned, and to terminate the service of those units and members ordered to active duty.

This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

BARACK OBAMA

THE WHITE HOUSE,
October 16, 2014.

White House

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

So this is how it begins. they'll train there for the situation in the US

President Barack Obama authorized the Pentagon to call up members of the National Guard and other military reserve units on Thursday to help combat the spread of Ebola in West Africa.

RT
I'll update asap

This troubled me as soon as I heard it on the news today. What is the real purpose of this?

Training for the homefront? How many will we lose there to Ebola?

How many will bring it home to us?

edit on 16-10-2014 by AuranVector because: to re-format

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Oh Jeesus, STUPID just gets STUPIDER by the day......
Sure fire way to increase the level of anxiety back home....What is the GUBERMINT got going up its sleeve....??
More CONTROL....that's the agenda....just have to build up the fever pitch first.....they'll use anybodies misery for their agenda....
edit on 16-10-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

I would agree to National Guard protecting us from Ebola... at our BORDER!!!

Stop the flights and send National Guard to our border.
edit on 10/16/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
What are they gonna do, shoot the disease down?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I apologize, I have been around most of the day and did not see your post. I alerted to have it removed.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
What are they gonna do, shoot the disease down?

They'll shoot the people down that do NOT have it.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Can he legally do this under our constitutional structure?

*I know...silly question for me to ask, but call me silly*...I don't think he can do this???

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Valhall

*I know...silly question for me to ask, but call me silly*...I don't think he can do this???

I think he just did

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Just more proof he cares more about Africa than the United States.

If he really wanted to protect us he'd stop these people from entering the country.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

originally posted by: Valhall

I think he just did

Well, yeah, that's the silly part of my question...since we're in a day and age where the Chief Criminal in Charge just CAN do what he wants, but technically (and literally) speaking...CAN he..i.e. IS HE ALLOWED...to do this here thingy-whacker according to our constitution???

I thought the national guard was beholding to the individual governors and that any guard deployment no matter what level of government took the individual governors proclaiming such could, in fact, happen.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This is a great idea. I bet Obama wore his novelty great idea cap while thinking of this.
Top notch! Kudos! Bomba!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Executive Order: Ordering the Selected Reserve and Certain Individual Ready Reserve Members of the Armed Forces to Active Duty

From the wiki article

"Presidential Reserve Callup Authority" (PRCA) is a provision of a public law (US Code, Title 10 (DOD), section 12304) that provides the President a means to activate, without a declaration of national emergency, not more than 200,000 members of the Selected Reserve and the Individual Ready Reserve (of whom not more than 30,000 may be members of the Individual Ready Reserve), for not more than 400 days to meet the support requirements of any operational mission. Members called under this provision may not be used for disaster relief or to suppress insurrection. This authority has particular utility when used in circumstances in which the escalatory national or international signals of partial or full mobilization would be undesirable. Forces available under this authority can provide a tailored, limited-scope, deterrent or operational response, or may be used as a precursor to any subsequent mobilization.[2]

Wiki
So no disaster relief. What are they supposed to do then?
edit on 16-10-2014 by Hellas because: source

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You don't get it. He IGNORES THE LAW routinely.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Okay, so that's what I thought. He has to declare a national emergency even to operate in a limited fashion with the national guard. Otherwise, the governors deploy their national guard at a state level. And they can deploy their guard to help elsewhere, but the governors have to do it.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Does anyone know which National Guards he is calling up? Area wise?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted

You don't get it. He IGNORES THE LAW routinely.

This time he ignored more than that I'm afraid..

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
Does anyone know which National Guards he is calling up? Area wise?

They didn't mention that yet nor how many

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AuranVector

What is the real purpose... that's a good question: I read that one reason might be that those troops will be attempting to control petroleum fields and diamond mines.. or something to that effect..

THey will also be forced to take Ebola Virus vaccinations most likely, so they might be experimenting on them with those..
Or maybe it's an effort to remove them from US territory, to better manipulate M. Law scenarios in the u.s. Could be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join