It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama authorizes use of National Guard to fight Ebola in W. Africa

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
God or whatever higher power there may be, be with our service men and women and their families.

edit on 16-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I understand this may be just a minor irritant to those who don't understand what a free America looked like (when it existed)...but, this is way bad not okay.

Everyone who is more scared than they ever were free won't agree, but those of us who were around when it was freer than this situation is scary will!

Just sayin!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Did he clear this with Judge Jenkins?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
From Obama's Schedule
Yesterday

11:00 AM
The President participates in a video conference with his British, French, German, and Italian counterparts

3:30 PM
The President holds a meeting with cabinet agencies coordinating the government’s Ebola response
Today

11:00 AM
The President meets with Secretary of Defense Hagel

So he got everybody's blessing and then signed the Order

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I disagree. They are being sent there to become infected and bring it back to the States. That's the way these corrupt governments and corporates get pandemics to start and then make their money. Then they offer you a vaccine (Ebola's is due by end 2014) in which is put the stuff to kill you and voila - the UN Agenda 21 for depopulation is underway. Look up what happened in the Spanish Flu. It's all so predictable. None of your people should be send over to "fight" anything. It's been shown that whenever a "war" is generated the opposite occurs. It's all money-making for the rich. The process is Create the Problem - Get the problem going via disinformation - present a solution to that problem after all the fear is generated - rush in on your white horse and solve the problem. In the process, make bucket loads of money. Google this article "Ebola Can Be Transmitted Via Infectious Aerosol Particles: Health Workers Need Respirators, not Masks" You may also like to read the book called Emerging Viruses which you can down-load for free at www.blackherbals.com...&_Ebola.pdf. It seems very odd to me that Monsanto has now poured money into the company which has been "chosen" to develop the Ebola virus, on behalf of the government. Monsanto of GMO fame??? It's actually downright criminal. Yes, I see the Executive Order mentioned below - typical. The average citizen is manipulated and used in every way. a reply to: Hellas

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Crazy over the top scenario for the tin foil hat brigade......

The government send the National guard to Africa to "fight Ebola",

Uses biological weapon to kill guardsmen and cover it up as Ebola.

Now the only military in the USA is full time army that's more loyal to the government.

Now the government can do whatever they wish without worrying about trained military men rebelling, they only have to worry about the civilian population.

There now run with that scenario........

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

Well...it appears he's still running for election. As KING of Africa.

What is wrong with this man? He does NOTHING for the country that elected him as President, yet pours our resources to Africa to help them.

It's becoming very very clear, where his alliances are. He is despicable. A traitor to the bone.

Des

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Obama said the guardsmen would "augment the active forces in support of Operation United Assistance, providing humanitarian assistance and consequence management related to the Ebola virus disease outbreak in the West Africa region" in a letter to Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Ohio), the Hill reported.

RT

Humanitarian assistance. Is that what the National Guard is for? In a foreign country? And what does 'Consequence Management' mean? You do as I say or else..?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The name of the game is glabalism, in case people missed it.

Oh how our forefathers would weep....

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
What are they gonna do, shoot the disease down?

Actually, from what I've read, and from people I know, one in particular, most of the skill sets of those they're sending over (so far, or first anyway) are engineering and medical.

They will be mainly constructing mobile hospitals and coordinating distribution of equipment and supplies. Probably also some dead body duty.

Of course, they all also have weapons and know how to use them.

ETA: In my opinion, they can't f**k it up any worse than the CDC appears to be doing so far.
edit on 10/16/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

Of course. Liberia is rich in oil, iron ore, timber, diamonds, gold and hydropower.

If there wasn't $$$ there, Obama wouldn't give a rat's a$$..

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

Humanitarian assistance. Is that what the National Guard is for? In a foreign country? And what does 'Consequence Management' mean? You do as I say or else..?

No crap...what the heck IS "consequence management"??? WTF?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Obama needs to activate all resources to fight Ebola.National guard is not enough.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Valhall

I reckon consequence management is the good stuff like disposing of dead bodies and keeping people under quarantine and preventing them from leaving the country/infected cities.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Obama's plan is clear, he wants to sacrifice America for Africa!! If he gave one #e about the American people or the Military he would have banned travel from West Africa before the criminal Eric Duncan brought the disease into our country!!!

He wants to send our military to clean up Africa but refuses to ban travel still!! The American Embassy remains open in West African countries where Ebola is running rampant, and visas are still being processed!

He will endanger every American and our Military to save his homeland but not support our Military in their fight against ISIS.....What a murderous treasonous bastard!!

Pax

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: Valhall

I reckon consequence management is the good stuff like disposing of dead bodies and keeping people under quarantine and preventing them from leaving the country/infected cities.

Preventing them from leaving the country..

That's invading, right?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

No it's not invading. It's pandemic control, if it even comes to that, which in my opinion it should and should have a long time ago.

Also, these countries have been askng for help for awhile now, haven't they? It's not invading if you are asked to come and welcomed.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Now this is a very interesting development. I bet a few hundred reserves are getting a wee bit nervous right now with the thought of travelling to Ebola land. I can't believe we're wasting money on T10 orders for this!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

No it's not invading. It's pandemic control, if it even comes to that, which in my opinion it should and should have a long time ago.

Also, these countries have been askng for help for awhile now, haven't they? It's not invading if you are asked to come and welcomed.

Come and help? Sure!

Dictating the people where to go and especially where NOT to go, is something else.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Having paid close attention to this, and where I live is real nerveous, and not wanting to risk their lives the facts, as I understand them.

The first is that this has been going on for a long time. We can only hope that they are not too little too late. Those countries that are effected, they need resources in a bad way, and logistics and help. They have a serious problem and the first problem is containment. They can not keep this thing contained and that is where the logistics need to come into play, along with the resources and manpower to help.

The second thing is that the government has botched this up. The protocols that they have in place are not working. The protective gear was not up to par and in short. The reality is that the USA is not prepared for an outbreak of Ebola or any level 4 biohazard. They have neither the gear or the training, and the only group in the USA who has both the training and the gear would be the US military. The kinds of gear that is needed would be either a hasmat suit or a mop suit.

The country and world for that matter needs to be agressive, proactive and in short enforcing quarantine in secure facilities.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join