It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Soldier recording his last minute on earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Here is a video recording of a Syrian Army soldier recording his last moments alive, as he sends a message to his loved ones. I share the video here, as i find that it represents a personal and human side of the Syrian conflict.

We often see these wars reported in statistics and bias. This video serves as a reminder that there are real people with real emotions fighting in these conflicts. The video shows one man's reaction to the prospect of death. Let it represent the humanity that is so often lost amongst the horrors of war.

Here is what he says during the video:

*TRANSLATION*

0:04 - 0:12 :- OH Mom I love you so much! don't cry if I die as a martyr, I love you so much.

0:13 - 0:17 :- Take care of Hanadeh (his sister probably) and be happy that I am a martyr.

0:18 - 0:21 :- Don't worry I won't surrender, I rather kill myself than surrendering.

0:22 :- No one else is left mom *Bullet impact above his head*

0:26 :- Pray for me mom please! Oh mom!!!

R.I.P.

www.liveleak.com...
edit on 16-10-2014 by daaskapital because: sp

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
heart breaking
heart breaking
heart breaking when the little man dies crying for his 'Mom' for some fat craps behind a desk...
War never changes - not then - not now...
God help us all
And peace to 'Mom'

peace
edit on 16-10-2014 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Ya what I great guy..........He is calling for his death to inspire others to kill. It is what is is. Personally I think these radical religious nut jobs kinda made the bed they are sleeping in. Syria is not really known for human rights. Is this all Muslims......NO. So please do not twist what I am saying. This has to do with the way the Muslims in this area have misunderstood a religion.
edit on 16-10-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Yes, men cry out to their mothers and wifes,ive seen it twice and makes my stomache turn everytime,the true horror of belief and dieing for it. On sunday mornings at our battalion memorial, you would hear wailing and screaming, and crying in Sep 07 schwienfurt germany , youd just keep walking paying little acknowledgement to the morbidity you,d just keep going about your day.
edit on 16-10-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I feel bad for him if he was drafted. But if he volunteered, he's merely reaping what he sewed upon himself. By the way, how do we know this soldier died? Can't tell from the "selfie" video.
-cwm

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

This man was allegedly a Syrian Arab Army soldier, not a radical Islamist. If you listen closely to the background noise, you can hear the general stuff that the extremists occasionally scream. I think this guy is a soldier of the SAA.

As for his martyr statements: if he's pro-Syrian government, then he may believe he is a martyr dying for the betterment of his country. Dying while fighting separatists and terrorists destroying his country.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I feel bad for him if he was drafted. But if he volunteered, he's merely reaping what he sewed upon himself. By the way, how do we know this soldier died? Can't tell from the "selfie" video.
-cwm

Well, he is in a worried state of mind and is also surrounded by what sounds like hostile opponents. He wouldn't have made the video unless he was sure he would die.

Considering you can hear his opponents getting closer during the video, i think it is a safe bet to assume that the man didn't make it. He probably wouldn't have uploaded the video either, if he did.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
A soldier dying for the defense of his nation. Truly a great sacrifice. It's a shame that honor is not available to Americans as they die not for our defense but so greedy self serving fat cats can fleece the world just a little more. It's a shame that these corporate death peddlers have caused so much pain and suffering and sacrificed nothing for it.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Wars always result in deaths on both sides and is always sad.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Really sad. RIP and to let it show the cost of all this and in hopes it ends.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
He was a human being, who loved the people in his life, had a family, hopes and dreams for them, and himself. He did what he believed was the right thing to do according to his beliefs. We should all take a moment to think hard about the things he said, and not be so callous about this. Another human lost their life to the violence of war which is always very chilling to think about. Remember to love most, trust few, and wrong no one. Very sad thread....

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

He is a Soldier in the Syrian Army defending his country from Extremists.... Would you say the same if it was an American soldier who was defending America?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Ya what I great guy..........He is calling for his death to inspire others to kill. It is what is is. Personally I think these radical religious nut jobs kinda made the bed they are sleeping in. Syria is not really known for human rights. Is this all Muslims......NO. So please do not twist what I am saying. This has to do with the way the Muslims in this area have misunderstood a religion.

The guy in the video is fighting extremists and a fascists government. The Syrian army is currently fighting IS(IS) and Assad's regime, don't misunderstand him, when he says "martyr" he just means dying for his cause, (freedom).

He's basically saying, "I will die for your freedom, I will die for my freedom, I won't surrender and deface our struggle. Please pray for me mom."

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Don't go soft at the end. This isn't time to cry for mama. Kill, kill, and kill again until the lights go out.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Hmmm....

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
No offense but in a firefight situation if I have enemy bearing down on me and I know that myself and my brothers in arms are dying around me. The last thng I'm going to do is take the time to make a video and THEN upload it.....

I would be firing until I no longer drew breath......

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Exactly ! I might be going to hell but I will take as many as I can and not cry for momma until my last breath; which as another poster said happens or the name of a wife more often than not.. Usually though, the most famous spoken last words or thoughts are, "Oh Sh*t" !. (especially in aviation..)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Gotta love the worship of violence we get from Hollywood, news, history etc propaganda. He's the last guy in a battle that is clearly over and he takes time to send out a message to his loved ones because there is clearly no hope of winning and a bunch of people call him a wuss. And of course all of you would be bad ass you tell us from the safety of your computer chair. Just too funny

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I can't believe in this day and age we still have people who think it makes a man soft if they cry!! I have a boy aged 7 and guess what he cries as do most of his friends. Although only 7 he is caring and has empathy. Strangely enough the boys who seem to have the behavioural problems are the ones who have the fathers who tell them to toughen up and stop acting like a girl. These will be the ones who will no doubt grow up to be angry young man. To cry is a way of releasing hurt and tension. Boys are born with a heart and tear ducts just like girls as biologically they are meant to cry. Perhaps if boys were allowed to be themselves we wouldnt have so many violent angry men and therefore there wouldnt be such hatred and so many wars. Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
All things being equal...

I'd probably do the same thing. When faced with certain death and it's literally a hopeless situation saying goodbye to ones loved ones seems appropriate.

'Crying out for Mom' has been heard since man first killed man on fields of battle throughout history.

No shame

top topics

<<   2 >>

join