It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Study Reveals Conspiracy Theorists The Most Sane Of All!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

Conventionalist may need to further stigmatize folks that openly question what is so obviously misinformation or propaganda, but sane or not, when it came to building 7, the conspiracists were correct.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Folks,

The hardest thing to do is admit when your wrong. Its true; nowhere does it say in the study that CT are more sane....however I do think that it implies that they are more inclined to question the official story, are better at critical thinking and in general alot less gullible than the general population..

Again my mistake, perhaps it was a misleading thread title, but I do think that the study does imply that CT are more intellectual than the public at large.

OG

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: OrionsGem

And we have ATS to prove it.

I agree with your summary on the article and research. The biased slant that the authors of the study simply does not stand up to common sense. We actually think about what is happening out there.

Without us tin foil hat wearing nut jobs the world would be a very sterile but compliant place.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
The stupidest responses in this thread is actually the ones dismissing that conspiracy theorists are more sane.

We know who we are, we know how we feel, we percieve our critical reasoning...don't believe haters!
I haven't read the whole thread but one of those you're referring to is me. You didn't get the point. A funny sidenote that ought to be some food for thought: You just called our posts stupid. Do you realize that "stupid" is a subjective judgment exactly like "insane". So you might just have proved my point.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I would have to agree.

Perhaps there are only two types of people in this world.

Those who can't see past the lies...and those who can.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

I think this is a common misconception, just because you think that the masses are largely manipulated doesn't mean that you feel there's some ominous conspiracy specifically targeting you, something to explain away personal failings. That would be burying your head in the sand, something conspiracy theorists take pride in not doing.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: pl3bscheese

I think this is a common misconception, just because you think that the masses are largely manipulated doesn't mean that you feel there's some ominous conspiracy specifically targeting you, something to explain away personal failings. That would be burying your head in the sand, something conspiracy theorists take pride in not doing.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Jenisiz

Yeah, and as a patient I can tell you that the vast majority of psychiatrists are drug peddling big pharma shills.

You'd be surprised if you really knew what really goes on in this world, stuff that would blow a lot of people's mind, stuff that would always seem silly and out there in comparison with the mundane, so far away from people's frame of reference it might as well be fantasy or science fiction.
But some of us do know by virtue of experience, to us, we are not the insane ones, the insane ones are running this asylum.

So of course most people will call it woo woo or whatever, that is merely ad hominem attacks, they're talking out of ignorance, they haven't even had the privilege of being able to weigh both positions. They're not fit to even evaluate the subject matter. Though, a skeptical view would of course be understandable in lieu of evidence through experience.
edit on 16-10-2014 by TheLaughingGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
To me this was the most interesting part of the article:

The researchers noted that they were surprised to find that it is now more conventional to leave so-called conspiracist comments than conventional ones. “Of the 2174 comments collected, 1459 were coded as conspiracist and 715 as conventionalist,” the researchers wrote. ‘The research showed that people who favored the official account of 9/11 were generally more hostile’ So, among people who comment on news articles, those who discount official government accounts of events like the 9/11 attacks and the assassination of John F. Kennedy outnumber believers by more than two-to-one. That means the pro-conspiracy commenters are those who are now expressing what is considered conventional wisdom, while the anti-conspiracy commenters represent a small, beleaguered minority that is often scoffed at and shunned. Perhaps becoming frustrated that their alleged mainstream viewpoints are no longer considered as such by the majority, those who are anti-conspiracy commenters often showed anger and disgust in their posts.

You're not a heretic anymore if your views are in majority. All the more reason to be critical of oneself. But I am not siding with the so-called skeptics (those who don't believe in conspiracies). I don't side with anyone. But I have a conspiratorial nature. I don't know what that is really. Seems to be something to do with intuition. People who lack intuition seem to be very skeptical of conspiracy theories. It is similar to religion in many ways. A sixth sense I guess.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: introspectionist

I agree with this...

You're not a heretic anymore if your views are in majority. All the more reason to be critical of oneself. But I am not siding with the so-called skeptics (those who don't believe in conspiracies). I don't side with anyone. But I have a conspiratorial nature. I don't know what that is really. Seems to be something to do with intuition. People who lack intuition seem to be very skeptical of conspiracy theories. It is similar to religion in many ways. A sixth sense I guess.

I was in Scotland when the trade towers were hit, and as I was watching the first tower fall I immediately thought of a controlled demolition. I had been in the towers a couple of times and just could not get my brain around airplane fuel melting the amount of steel in those buildings.

It is instinct, and critical thinking to go with it. And I trust my own instinct and my own eyes over anything else.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Steel didn't melt, it was weakened.

So much for critical thinking

And trusting your eye isn't critical thinking either, as the eye can be easily fooled.

edit on 16-10-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

There was molten steel at the sub-levels of both structures. One would have to be totally blind to have not seen it. The emergency workers certainly did, and given their close proximity, I think that I will believe their eyes too.

I will continue to trust my own eyes, instinct and critical thinking, as all three work very nicely together for me.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

Steel didn't melt, it was weakened.

So much for critical thinking

And trusting your eye isn't critical thinking either, as the eye can be easily fooled.

Here folks, is a prime example of yet another person who bought the official story hook, line, and sinker. .

The steel did melt, and remained molten and lava like for days after due to the thermite that was used.

Oh and my "critical eye" did see molten steel being sprayed from the collapsing floors as the building fell. That was thermite buddy. So much for critical thinking.

OG
edit on 10-16-2014 by OrionsGem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

What you mean by instinct is not at all what I meant by intuition. I mean in a very general sense when you look at what makes me different from those who don't believe in conspiracies in general there seems to be an element of intuition. Gnostics are said to believe this world is created by the Demiurge and not the Most High. That's the same thing expressed differently.
edit on 121031Thu, 16 Oct 2014 16:12:53 -0500201453pAmerica/Chicago2014-10-16T16:12:53-05:0031 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: introspectionist

I understand what you were saying, and yes intuition serves us in different ways than does instinct. When I was describing seeing the twin towers fall it felt as instinct, simply given my distrust of what I was seeing. My intuition kicks in when I have no clues from my own eyes or ears, but just know.

edit on 16-10-2014 by Witness2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrionsGem

originally posted by: Jenisiz

originally posted by: Ramcheck
Expected this to be a comedy thread. Oh well.

Same here. I got a good laugh from the article. The very tone of it was as far from scientific as you can get.

How about focusing on the study that the article was written about? This thread was not designed to amuse you. If you dislike what you see, please feel free to shovel dreck elsewhere.

Thanks!

OG

When you study psych, you'll learn about the power of suggestion. Reread the article...in particular the part that chastised individuals that believed "unexperienced" individuals piloted the planes. The study was fundamentally flawed from the beginning lol

The "scientist" that conducted this knows nothing about conducting a serious study. So I will state as such, since this thread IS AFTER ALL about this shady work. Can't be a pro farmer of apples if you're only familiar with oranges.
edit on 16-10-2014 by Jenisiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This study sounds like a conspiracy to me.

The social engineers think, well if a conspiracy theorist is made sane they will more likely drop it since many do it to be anti conformists.

I see a conspiracy!

Anyways, this is interesting.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

It remained molten for days?

Despite all the water poured onto the site..?

edit on 16-10-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

The hardest thing to do is admit when your wrong. Its true; nowhere does it say in the study that CT are more sane

Well I'll applaud you for it. People seem to have a REALLY hard time with that on this site. So bravo/a.

What changed your mind?

but I do think that the study does imply that CT are more intellectual than the public at large.

That's not what I got from it personally. I've read it top to bottom three times and can sort of see where you get that.

I also don't think this study is a very good one if you're talking about conspiracy theorists on the whole. This was basically just 9/11 truthers and official story people.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Id have to agree this isn't the greatest and definitely not the most comprehensive study on this subject..

OG

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join