It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Study Reveals Conspiracy Theorists The Most Sane Of All!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: OrionsGem

I don't care to speculate on the site owner's motives for closing that thread. In it, as in every thread I have participated in on Above Top Secret, I have been entirely happy to consider credible documentary evidence when it is adduced to support a claim. I refuse to watch videos, however; it takes too long, and videos — unless they consist of unedited historical footage — can never be anything but secondary sources anyway.

If I had been trolling either this thread or that one, my posts would be worded differently — more aggressively, more provocatively and perhaps less courteously. I categorically reject the accusation.

Now, where's this 'refuting evidence' you claim to have posted? The only links in any of your posts are to the OP article (considered and debunked) and the study referenced in it (considered and shown to disprove your case).

Astyanax, my apologies, I thought I was replying to you on that Area 51 deathbed thread, my fault I got confused and mixed up the 2 threads. As far as this thread and the study linked, let me dig up a post I made early on that may clear things up about my thoughts after creating this thread...gimme a minute..

here it is : www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will repost it for you here.

Folks,

The hardest thing to do is admit when your wrong. Its true; nowhere does it say in the study that CT are more sane....however I do think that it implies that they are more inclined to question the official story, are better at critical thinking and in general alot less gullible than the general population..

Again my mistake, perhaps it was a misleading thread title, but I do think that the study does imply that CT are more intellectual than the public at large.

OG

OG
edit on 10-27-2014 by OrionsGem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I give up, Im not going to argue with you anymore, I have a life to live. If I wanted to bang my head against a brick wall i can do that right here at home. Are you seriously suggesting that there was no "conspiracy theory" regarding elite paedophiles? And it was just rumours?
Are you willfully stupid or is it a natural gift?
Rumours of a concerted effort by a group of people in a position of power "conspiring" to cover up paedophilia by powerful people is a conspiracy theory, whether you like it or not. Or whatever your qualifications for a "conspiracy theory" are.

Conspiracy theories are built on rumours and circumstantial evidence. Way to miss the point entirely yet again. You are really good at that. I bet its taken a lot of practice.

I understand your main point, that conspiracy theories cannot be trusted, which is true.
I say nobody can be blindly trusted. Not the politicians, the MSM, or the "alternative press". But it must all be taken into consideration, to find a balanced view.
And having an open mind, is not a mental illness.

Willful denial of facts could well be a mental illness. Cognitive dissonance at best.
edit on 201410America/Chicago10am10amMon, 27 Oct 2014 03:24:38 -05001014 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Folks lets all take a deep breath and not get flustered.

I have decided to take a step by step approach.

There is alot of heated debate here. ..lets try this: post a summary of the point you are trying to convey in no more than 3 sentences.

Seriously try it! I think this will really help the discussion. ..

OG

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OrionsGem

It looks like another one bites the dust.

Farewell. Adios. Auf Wiedersehen.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
It's a silly study, for one all-important reason:

Conspiracy theorists don't exist. It's just a label invented to socially ostracize anyone who questions official story lines.

This "conspiracy theorist" meme has exploded in recent decades, but it is no more than a meme. The label itself was created as a tool in information warfare. In reality, there are those who accept official story lines, and those who question them. Everyone here on ATS is a "questioner" - we're all interested in uncontentional subject matters (presumably).

But an arbitrary line has been marked between officially acceptable questioning, and officially unacceptable questioning. What side of the line one stands on determines whether society calls him a conspiracy theorist or not. It's completely meaningless, as it not based on intelligence, curiosity, skepticism, or logic... but just based on politics.

I think it's obvious that people who question more, tend to think more. Those who think more tend to be smarter. While that applies to many groups of people, not just "conspiracy theorists", I think conspiracy theorists are over-represented in this high-intelligence group, based on the inherent fact that they question more than the average person.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Son of Will
The label itself was created as a tool in information warfare. In reality, there are those who accept official story lines, and those who question them. Everyone here on ATS is a "questioner" - we're all interested in uncontentional subject matters (presumably).

Talking of warfare... I always felt sorry for your dad, Son of Will.... He's the one that always get's fired upon in the movies

Korg.
edit on 5-11-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
They must be running out of stuff to learn about. I'm sure it's the C's get degrees thing. Fact check everything and screw what other people think. I'm proud that I'm not part of the collective. What does all the knowledge learned from it really do for you? I tune it out like a bad television show. I use that time to prepare for the bad times. It sure helps playing chess with advanced knowledge of how the world works and how it's progressing.

I'm easy to get along with but some people freak out if you talk about anything. I tune them out and walk away. No use arguing with a closed minded person. I can't control what they think or do. I don't want to do that anyway. I just want to enjoy the rest of what little life I have on this messed up planet. I know where's two sides to every story. I know most problems stem from greed. I also know the only person I can change is myself. It's a pity others can't see that logic because they are too busy trying to change me.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join