It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Texas health worker with Ebola - will be moved to Atlanta

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I'm up here in Cleveland *cough-cough* and I heard on the news that she took a Frontier Airlines flight, *ACHOO!* and that Clevelands City Government says there is nothing to *YAAAKKKKK!* worry about. I'm cool. Got a hankie?

Not to worry, TDawg, until you start hiccuping; then you need to visit your family as soon as possible to show them how much you care!

Either those in charge have the IQ of an empty box of rocks, or there is some massive planning in this. I, personally, think this is a test run for Marshal Law. Yeah, I spend too much time distrusting those in power. Silly me.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
a reply to: violet

Also.. what did she do in Cleveland? Did she stay there? I'm like 5 hours away from Cleveland. Obviously im not concerned, but imagine she couldve driven to man cities and states from Cleveland.

She went to cleveland to visit her family, her mother. Had a 99.5 temperature before flying. I'm not clear which flight this was, if it was her flight home or going there. Sounds like this was her flight home she had the fever though. Not sure.
edit on 15-10-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

i don't understand all the moving people around for treatment...wouldn't it cost less to just buy the required inventory needed to treat it?

I'm going to guess that she doesn't match Brantly's blood type, so they are anticipating that things will get quite a bit uglier with her.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Hey, Cleveland, at least it's not Detroit.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice
As of now they're giving her the benefit of the doubt she didn't know she couldn't fly. Well she should have known! If it's discovered she did know, I agree she should be charged with negligence. Shouldn't it be common sense?

Seems they need to tell all health care workers if they even suspect they've been in contact with an ebola patient they can't use public transport. She treats Duncan then hops on planes. How thoughtful of her. Msybe she's just a selfish cow and thought she might have it and wanted to see her mother before dying. I'd like to know her flight itinerary, like did she change her flight plans home , knowing she had it, and didn't bother to check into a hospital in Cleveland first , before boarding her flight back to Dallas?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I don't get the logic they are spilling out on the news conferences. They say a healthy person can't get it from a sick person sitting on the bus. But yet, healthcare workers, in full gear, get it.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
As of now they're giving her the benefit of the doubt she didn't know she couldn't fly.

Right... cause when they told her "you were exposed to a highly contagious, deadly virus, so you should monitor yourself, it's serious, some people are even voluntarily quarantining themselves", she obviously had no idea that going to another city (!) by plane (!) was dangerous, even though she works at a hospital and understands the health issues involved.

I truly hope she lives through it, cause nobody deserves to die (especially like that), but she's a really selfish person who needs to be held responsible for her terrible actions.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
I don't get the logic they are spilling out on the news conferences. They say a healthy person can't get it from a sick person sitting on the bus. But yet, healthcare workers, in full gear, get it.

That's because in the ordinary course of events, you aren't going to come into contact with the body fluids of the person sitting next to you on the bus.

A health care worker comes into prolonged and dangerous contact with infectious fluids, and Duncan was spewing out both ends before he was done. Those people put themselves in harm's way, and it sounds like whatever protocols the CDC put in place weren't adequate.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: nugget1

Hey, Cleveland, at least it's not Detroit.

Ya forgot the video.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothehilt

originally posted by: TDawgRex

Cleveland hasn't won any big league sports pennets or trophies in decades and now this!? Cleveland is truly cursed. Luckily, one of the 16 Level 4 Bio-Hazard units in the US is in Kent, OH.

You're kidding about the level 4 bio hazard unit in Kent, right??

I'm a nurse in the same county as Kent, and we certainly don't have any level 4 bio hazard unit in Kent!

If you're joking and it just went way over my head, I'm sorry!

No I'm not joking. Maybe it is Kent State University? But it is identified as such on the web.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LukeDAP

As of now they're giving her the benefit of the doubt she didn't know she couldn't fly.

Right... cause when they told her "you were exposed to a highly contagious, deadly virus, so you should monitor yourself, it's serious, some people are even voluntarily quarantining themselves", she obviously had no idea that going to another city (!) by plane (!) was dangerous, even though she works at a hospital and understands the health issues involved.

I truly hope she lives through it, cause nobody deserves to die (especially like that), but she's a really selfish person who needs to be held responsible for her terrible actions.

Agreed , very selfish. I bet she knew and just had her own priorities. If her fever was present before boarding the plane, she surely must have been thinking oh # I might have ebola, because nurse pham got it, didn't give a # about checking into a hospital, just checking into the departure lounge at the airport, and infecting God knows how many others at the airport. Had she sought medical help sooner she stood more of a chance of pulling through as well. But no, I will just get sicker and infect everyone else. I wouldn't want her to die, but she's not valued her own life either with this inconsiderate act. What a selfish cow if others become sick because of her.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I posted a thread on how many bio containment level 4 facilities there are in the entire country
There's only 19, actually 11

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
There's nurses who came forward anonymously, alleging there was no protocol. At first he was left for hours in the emergency ward around other patients, until being isolated. Although its been said nurse Pham wore a full hazmat suit ( not sure if that's true, I posted a video about this in the inside info ebola thread) these other nurses were not. Their necks were exposed. Some dumb ass doctor said to wrap hospital tape around their necks. His wasn't disposed of safely, it was stacked to the ceiling, there's more, but I don't recall all of it.

Now these nurses are threatening to walk out . Not sure if this means the ones treating nurse Pham.

Its a disgrace how this Dallas hospital handled this and a disgrace the CDC was not taking precautions.

Oh dear now I hear this second case told the CDC she had a fever and they said its ok board the plane. I'm gonna rewind this on my tv now.

ETA
Yes that's what I just heard. She had the fever, called the CDC. And they said board the plane!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LukeDAP

Sorry to break it to you but the majority of people who get sick will do this same exact thing. Humans, like other animals, are selfish by nature.

If you feel you have been exposed to a deadly pathogen and are sure you have a 50/50 chance of dying this week, wouldn't you want to see your family one last time? Who cares about everyone else you might or might not infect during that time. You probably won't be around that long anyways.

Not saying its the right thing to do, but that's just how it is.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I posted a thread on how many bio containment level 4 facilities there are in the entire country
There's only 19, actually 11

That was a good thread. Thank you.

I saw somewhere in all my readings today that the actual number of beds is only 10. Wish I could remember where.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Well it's always possible this is a crap hospital. I know of one in our area I wouldn't want to wind up at.

However, what you're describing wouldn't protect anyone from anything, let alone Ebola. How does their staff not manage to infect the patients with things like MRSA?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join