It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 19 Level 4 Bio- Containment Beds to handle Ebola in The United States!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
There's only four hospitals in the whole country . Three of these facilities have 3 beds each, the one in Omaha Nebraska has 10 , but of those 10 , only two can be staffed to attend caring for the patients, so it's actually ONLY 11 (eleven) for the whole country, not 19! The US is simply not prepared to handle an outbreak.

I caught this on CNN as investigated by Drew Griffin, but can't source a CNN link for it, only found a few others that those on here may squawk " bad source"
Here's one link

Apologies about not getting an exact quote from this or anything but my iPad won't copy and paste from this site using iOS 8.

I just wanted to get the info posted. The text above I typed out as I heard it on CNN Anderson Cooper 360.

If anyone else is able to find a better source, that would be helpful
Thanks

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Oh well that's just f-ing fantastic.

Remember though unless you are actively receiving a blood transfusion from an infected person your chances of getting the disease are -10,000%. Thank you boncho (again) for "unless you're actively licking an open wound".

We need to step it the f- up in the West. We need to stop the fights, actually quarantine people (IDGAF if the Ebola victim/survivor was technically not contagious) and get our collective asses in gear.

Something has clearly changed. We used to hear little snippets on occasion about this virus, but now it's at our doors and killing off record numbers.

Clearly the protections suggested by medical experts are not enough.

It pisses me off to no end that nurses are being blamed for breaching protocol. GIVE THEM BETTER PROTOCOL!

Remember when it was alarmist to think ebola could hit the US? I hope people do, because right now it's alarmist to think the thing can spread. We need to get real about this, we need to have treatment plans in place. This isn't the flu, and while I hope I'm wrong genuinely fear it's going to get worse before it gets better or taken seriously.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

They are: the National Institutes of Health Clinical Center in Bethesda, Md.;
the medical center at the University of Nebraska;
the Emory University Hospital in Atlanta; and
St. Patrick Hospital near the Rocky Mountain Labs in Missoula, Mont.

CBS Source
Another source: Freedom Outpost

Really, only one on the West Coast? Missoula is about 4 hours from me, at least.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Are they still sending Contactees home to shelter in place? Are they still allowing flights from Ebola countries?

Gulp. Stay tuned…

I think biolabs are reserevd for workers at those facilities. I can think of a few expedient places.

Basements in buildings. Transport by refrigeration trucks (turned off), Meat lockers. Saunas, green houses, etc. Any place nearby a micro break that has some seals already in place that can be quickly modified to be negative pressure and have air filtered.

or something like that…

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Thanks for adding that.

I have to say I am stunned this is all they have for preparedness. Eleven beds!
I wonder what Canada has when it spills over to our borders.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I was researching the Biocontainment PCU in Nebraska and found an old article, dated Saturday, August 2, 2014.

The Nebraska biocontainment unit opened in 2005, two years after Canada and other nations experienced an outbreak of SARS, or severe acute respiratory syndrome. Smith said the unit, which includes 10 beds in five patient rooms, cost about $1 million to build using part of Nebraska’s federal bioterrorism funding with support from the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, the University of Nebraska Medical Center and its hospital partner, the med center.

As of August 2...

There are no immediate plans to transfer any Ebola patients to the med center, said Dr. Philip Smith, medical director of the Nebraska Biocontainment Patient Care Unit on the seventh floor of the Nebraska Medical Center. The State Department also contacted at least three other facilities.
Smith and Dr. Angela Hew Lett, associate medical director of the Nebraska biocontainment unit, said Ebola is a 9 or 10 on a scale of 10 when it comes to the level of concern caused by the virus. The disease causes fever, aches, nausea, vomiting and can lead to bleeding disorders and shock.
The unit, Hewlett said, is staffed by 30 physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists and technicians who volunteered for the work and are willing to carry pagers, participate in drills and receive ongoing education. They also have other jobs at the med center.

Smith said the State Department official seemed impressed but didn’t speak of any plans to send a patient to the unit. More likely, Smith said, it might receive a sickened traveler visiting the region.

www.livewellnebraska.com... 370.html

Only a government of dunces could be this wrong.
edit on 14-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Who needs beds when we have these? I took this picture this afternoon. I am in east Texas. I suppose these are being shipped though small country towns to get to west Africa? :p

This wasn't by train, it was on a flat bed. Nice red cross, I guess medics need these when the patients riot? mmm hmmm.

Navistar Defence Vehicle
edit on 15-10-2014 by Volund because: added question mark and snark

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I beg your indulgence here.....there are some very puzzling technical issues I wanted to bring up on an outbreak over here.....
Suppose we have some breach in the chain, and it gets out here.....
The dangerous and difficult conditions of caring for such infectious victims, as well as the very real dangers of exposure to disposal workers........may constrain the ability of any level of government to deal with the practicalities of managing with both live and dead patients.....(the African health workers are striking right now....why?)
Cremation of remains, may have to take on some stricter protocols than most crematories are able to provide.
Certainly Medical waste disposal firms should have some back up plan for this too......Think sheer tonnage of infected items......from needles and ivs to sheets and blankets even mattresses or curtains.....anything that is not disinfectable must be burnt.....
What happens when dogs may eat a carcass of some out of the way body....and become themselves immune carriers......?
Mice too?rats? birds bats mosquitos, what about the MANY WAYS WE SHARE GERMS.....?
The cocksure attitude of our society towards this disease is not the answer.......

edit on 15-10-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

You've provided yet another example of why Dr Frieden needs to be replaced. I'll add it to my post, here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join